“Did All of These People Stay in the Same Motel as Me?”
Review of Sunburst Motel

Sunburst Motel
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Firstly an agreed point, the young lady in reception when I arrived was most pleasant but I never saw anyone else again in two days.
I don't agree that it is cheap and cheerful; not for almost $140 per night, but that's not the end of it. I booked 10 days in advance through Booking.com. Most often cancellation is free of any penalty up to one day before check in. This mob did not even allow an hours grace; my card was charged and no refund was possible. They "kindly" sent me a tax invoice next day. So if you ignore my advice and choose to stay here. you have been warned
Rooms are not serviced for guests staying two nights or more. For my second night I had to use yesterdays part used tiny soap tablet as only one was supplied.
The air conditioner is a window rattler that is fairly new and mercifully doesn't rattle but the fan is noisy, It is however located in the bathroom.Go figure that!
Little niceties such as shampoo and tissues are not supplied but may be available for purchase from reception.
Mugs for tea and coffee are not supplied just very small cups in which you beverage of choice gets cold in just a few minutes. For Pete's sake you can buy mugs for a dollar each from many places.
You can see that this is not my first review, and if you check my history you will see that I am an experienced traveller and that I try to make my reviews honest and fair so with that in mind I promise you that I will never stay here again.
I get the impression that the owners/managers are inexperienced and if so they need to go and check out the competition.
The highway is very busy so be careful when pulling into the driveway.
I will end on a positive note---this is being uploaded with their free Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: Find another motel
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Pioneer18

Reviewed 17 September 2016

We had booked into the The Sunburst Motel for an overnight stay to attend an early morning meeting the next day.
We were seamlessly checked in by a very friendly Manager who told us she was new to the area.
The room contained a very comfortable Queen bed with comfortable pillows and a Single bed, Bar Fridge, flat screen TV. A bench with two chairs and tea/coffee making facilities..
The bathroom was at the back of the room with the toilet to one side and shower on the other. A hand basin was just up from the toilet.
The room was spotlessly clean.
We were a bit concerned that the room may be noisy as it is on a busy road BUT there was no traffic noise to be heard.
There are plenty of Restaurants close by. It is a short drive to the Theme Parks and Harbour Town Outlet Centre.
It is a short walk to the Broadwater and Southport and Surfers Paradise are also close.
The room could do with a make over as it is quite dated, but as the Managers had only been there for two weeks I am sure that improvements will made.
All in all it was a great Motel to stay in.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Loved this place because we could take our small poodle with us on visit. Basic and clean. Great TV and milk in fridge etc Lovely people and great location. Mattresses may need renewing, felt springs all night, despite changing beds. There were no toppers as said to previous reviewers who also had same trouble.I presume owners fault and not managers who clearly try hard. Other than that, good price for quick stay if you have small pet. They had full house and have been around for decades.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Annabelle C
Reviewed 20 July 2016

Family Room . Had all We Required for our Theme Park Visit to the Coast . Clean Comfy . Pool . Central located close to Harbour Town & Surfers Paradise . Easy Walking Distance to Broadwater & Restaurants

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank TAPPO64
Reviewed 18 July 2016

We stayed in a family room, which was cozy (bunk beds, plus queen bed), but room was tastefully decorated and super comfy beds! Really nice on-site managers, noise was kept to a minimum and facilities were nice and clean. Really nice pool area which is well maintained and has a BBQ area with all cooking equipment supplied. What more could one one for really affordable accommodation on the Gold Coast? I would highly recommend and would stay there again. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1.7 km away
Jadran Motel & El Jay Holiday Lodge
10.7 km away
Mercure Gold Coast Resort

Been to Sunburst Motel? Share your experiences!