“Great Place to Stay with Breath Taking views”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Grace House

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
water color of 'Grace House' painted by local Massachusetts artist,  Elaine Corda
do you see the ruffed grouse?
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 13 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Place to Stay with Breath Taking views”
Reviewed 21 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

A wonderful home with peaceful breezes flowing through with fresh air and views of great sunsets. Relaxing place with all the amentities to enjoy with family. It was perfect to get away while taking in the baseball games of our boys at the memorable Cooperstown All Star Village. Highly recommend as a enjoyable get away!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the country side
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
21 Sep 2016
Hello Tracy: thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad your family choose to stay at my house while your boys were at the Cooperstown All Star Village.

You were awesome guests! Michael enjoyed the company of your family very much.

You are welcome back anytime. Sincerely, Grace
Gjagroop
Queens, New York
“Perfect getaway from the bustle and noise of NYC”
Reviewed 12 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We really have a good and peaceful time which we needed, Grace and Michael were very friendly and helpful, Michael was very helpful with the directions to Walmart and other shops.the house is large enough for more than 6 people, we sleep like a baby it's was so peaceful. We also have a good time barbecue in the yard and hanging out on the porche. The house is rustic with nice furniture which we like being from New York City we have mostly modern homes and furniture so it's a change from the norm.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
13 May 2016
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It makes me happy to know that my peaceful house in the country is enjoyed so much. Sincerely, Grace
ArtyMach
“Absolutely the Best Tranquil Country Atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

The purpose of my trip was to search for real estate in the Delaware County Region.
From the moment that I booked the trip at the "Grace House", the owner Grace had
kept open lines of communication with me and was very informative and described the
area very passionately. She gave plenty of information to work with regarding my stay.
The day of the trip arrived and we checked in with her brother Michael, who manages the property and he had the house prepared for us with the temperature settings to a
comfortable 68 degrees. When we walked into the house my wife's and mother's jaw
dropped as to how personalized the home was. Rental?? No way! You felt like you walked
into your own country home. Every little detail was captured and thought through. The
layout of the house is phenomenal, large bedrooms, living rooms, rustic large planked
country floors, and great craftsmanship. Michael explained everything to us and was
always a phone call away. Grace even made sure that we had extra comforters because
of the cold weekend prior. Details. Bonus: Everything is 10-15 minutes away food store,
supplies, restaurants, local operated farms, and area attractions. To sum it it up, if you
are looking to decompress, clear your mind, rest, or just getaway from the everyday
grind. This is the place. Country, country, country! I will be back. Thank you Grace,
Michael, and Town of Meredith! Great stay and hopefully I will be back soon!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: The warmness of the property.
Liked least: I didn't stay long enough.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers People with pets
25 Feb 2016
Thank you Arty for your wonderful review. You have put into words the exact feelings that I wanted my guests to experience.

My brother Michael has been my best asset in this endeavor. We both love the place too. Thank you again and I hope you come back in the summer, it is the best. Grace
JaninaDia...
New York City, New York
“Charming old house in the middle of quiet, green fields”
Reviewed 27 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Husband and I spent 3 nights weekend at Grace's house. We had an amazing time in every aspect. The house is spacious, equipped with all that is needed for a vacation rental. The furniture is all antique and very tastefully chosen and arranged so as to recreate the atmosphere of an older era. The house is located on a quiet road, with amazing views of the wooded hills around. There is an unpaved road also, coming right in the front of the house, little used by cars, on which one can take a very pleasant walk for a few miles. We had no problems finding the place and getting access to the house. Even as the house is located in rural area, Grace pointed us to a world-class classical music concert in West Kortright Centre, a former church transformed in a concert hall. We had a wonderful experience, not just in terms of music, but also the people - welcoming, warm, music lovers.
We most definitely plan to come back, thanks a lot for such a wonderful experience.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the woods and fields around
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
29 Sep 2015
Hello Janina: Thank you for your wonderful review. Thank you for staying at my peaceful house in the country. So glad you could attend the concert at the West Kortright Centre. Sincerely, Grace
A Ram A
New York
“Quite and Peaceful Place to stay!”
Reviewed 7 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

My family and I enjoyed staying here for labor day weekend. It was nice to si5 on the front porch in the morning, it was very peaceful in this neighborhood. We also loved having campfire at night.

8 Sep 2015
I am glad you enjoyed you short stay at "Grace House". Thank you for your complimentary review of my peaceful house in the country. Grace
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing