“Outstanding Fishing Experience ”

Hooker 1 Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whether it's Deep Sea Fishing, Reef or Game Fishing, Captain Ash the new owner of Hooker 1 Fishing Charters has 15 years experience and knowledge of the local waterways, conditions and seasonal fish habitat. Our friendly crew make sure your fishing trip is a success and fun, including nutritious refreshments. If the weather is not good we give alternate options to cruise and fish the broadwater.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

An absolutely excellent day out. Black Marlin!!!, Wahoo!, Snapper, great hospitality from real, down to earth, honest people who genuinely want you to have a great experience. Ash and Co are salt of the earth and are having a real crack at doing things the right way. We got a big Wahoo and a good Black Marlin on the trawl and Ash put us on some great marks for bottom bashing. Wish I could rate this higher than a five. I'll be back!

2  Thank H00HAH
There are newer reviews for Hooker 1 Fishing Charters

Reviewed 19 March 2016

My partner's father had wanted to go deep sea fishing for a long time, so I finally agreed and we booked a full day with Hooker 1. There were 5 other adventurers onboard and with the lovely crew of Ally, Ash and Ben it was brilliant.

First time going deep sea fishing and I'm glad it was with Hooker 1.

Definitely recommend !

2  Thank ivan546
Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting the Gold Coast for a long weekend and wanted a beautiful day on the water where Hubby could fish and I could relax and get some sun. We were recommended Hooker 1 Fishing Charters. From the second we walked on board we knew we were in for a great day. The female hostess was absolutely lovely and accommodating and the blokes knew their stuff when it came to fishing. I relaxed upstairs with some champagne and snacks while boys pulled in snappers and sweet lip! We them stopped at Wave Break Island for a quick dip and the water was perfect.
Couldn't have asked for a better day!
Definitely recommend these guys for either a full day or half day trip.
Steph.

3  Thank stephjandegian
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

I Definitely would recommend anyone to go on this charter. Me and my mates had a wicked time. A lot of room on board to move around . Looked after very well with snacks and drinks. Very helpful awesome crew . Cheers guys .

1  Thank Jahmyn C
Reviewed 21 February 2016

You can't do better than spend a half day or more aboard "Hooker One" with Ash, Ali and Ben. Very amicable, friendly crew and Ash as captain is not afraid to use fuel and move to another spot if the fish aren't biting where you are. The first spot we stopped at was obviously a popular spot with ap half a dozen charter boats there. There were fish on the screen but no-one on any of the boats was getting any bites. Ash persevered for ap 30 minutes and decided it was better try another spot. We caught a tuna while trawling to next spot, and then caught a few small schnapper once we arrived. While there we enjoyed a nice cheese platter supplied by our hosts and good company all around. Water and soft drinks were also supplied. To cap the day off I personally caught a 13kg Wahoo (ap 30 lb) . On the way back we all had some Wahoo Sushi and I phoned some friends to arrange a fish BBQ for dinner. All on board not only had a great time, but a great fish dinner. If you are on The Gold Coast don't miss out on this very enjoyable and very affordable day with a great crew.

3  Thank Brian S