Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
ang t
Melbourne, Australia

well needed holiday

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 July 2012
I just came back from the seaworld resort, I went with a friend and her son and my 2 girls and we shared a room, I was charged $280 for a fold out bed what a joke! The room was soo small for all of us and it is supposed to be a family room, there were ants in the bathroom, and the room was small, the only good thing it was next to the pool, the rates we were charged was huge and I dont think it was worth staying there at ALL!!! When you get the bus from the airport you have to walk from the bustop with luggage to the HOTEL which is 1k away! With 3 kids and luggage and in the rain that is terrible, they should have a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel, or at the very least a shuttle bus from where the bus drops you, the only good thing is unlimited entry to seaworld, the staff in kids club where good my daughter said but that is also another extra and most hotels do free kids clubs, the food is expensive at the resort and being so far from anywhere with no car you have to eat there or taxi everywhere as the resort is not near shops, the 9am character appearance was Dora everyday lucky my 3yr old loves her but boys don't always. The monorail never starts till after 10 and you have to wait for the dolphin show they say be there before 845 but you dont go in till after 910am. I went to the vending machine to buy a drink and it took my money but did not give me a drink! i told staff and they said they would put up a sign and for the week we were there there was no sign put up! The bathroom was tiny and not clean there was black stuff in the shower and all over the walls. Considering I only holiday 1 a year I was very disappointed in this accommodation and would never recommend it, I have stayed in many hotels all over the world and have never had a problem before even in India I found the accomodation better then this resort.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2.0 of 5 bubblesService
2.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 18 July 2012
Dear ang t,
Thank you for your feedback. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your visit to the Resort.
I would however like to point out that we charge just $40 per night for a rollaway bed. This is only usually required when you have more than 4 people in the rooms as most of our rooms have two queen beds. If you have booked a package that includes theme park tickets there may be an additional charge of $10 per child to cover the tickets.
Also, unfortunately there aren’t any hotels in our area that currently offer complimentary shuttle services to and from the airport. There are taxis available at the airport if you require a door to door service. The local bus service runs to the main gates at Sea World which are about 700m from the Resort.
Bikash Randhawa, General Manager Sea World Resort and Water Park.
  • eDreams
  • Priceline
3.1 km from Sea World Resort
View more hotels in Main Beach
6,092 results
All reviews theme park water park sea world kids club shoreline restaurant light show japanese restaurant dolphin show garden wing sponge bob easy access to seaworld family holiday movie world great family lobby lounge pool area young kids
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We recently booked a 5 night stay at Sea World Resort when they had their red hot $99 a night deal.
The week before we were due to leave our daughter (5) had an accident breaking her arm and dislocating her elbow and her Doctor said we would be unable to travel until it was healed.
I rang the resort expecting to be told we couldn't change our booking because of the sale but the staff member immediately booked us in for the following month at no extra cost, even though it was the busy school holiday period.
The room was great with 2 double beds and a lovely bathroom, and it was serviced daily. The kids especially loved coming back to the room at the end of the day to see how their toys had been arranged on the beds!
There wasn't a whole lot of space in the room but as we were really only there to sleep it wasn't an issue.
We had the 3 park super passes so we were able to visit sea world everyday and it was SO handy staying right there at the park!
The pool area is absolutely fantastic, especially the SpongeBob splash area, it was a huge hit with the kids. Our daughter loved the light show every night, and danced in the fountains with all the other kids, it was awesome!
We also went to the character meet and greet every morning and have some wonderful photos.
We will definitely be keeping our eyes peeled for more red hot deals!

Date of stay: April 2012
2  Thank Michelle_Photog
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Sea World Resort is showing some signs of ageing in common areas, however while at the resort trades were in improving these areas.

Room size was good for the three of us and the services for the little-ones is wonderful; character meetings in reception ( Dora, Sponge Bob) and the water activities and park in the resort is terrific even in winter.

The only negative were upon check-in being told you need to take your own bags to the room and the lack of attention from staff at the ticket exchange needs to be addressed. An attitude of distain when serving the family is not the way to create a good lasting impression.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
GM_Sea_World_Resort, General Manager at Sea World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Michael T,
Thank you for your post. I am glad that your children enjoyed the facilities at the Resort. The Splash Bash is a real hit even during the cooler winter months! I would like to point out that we do have concierge available to assist with luggage and I am sorry that you were given the impression that we do not offer help with bags. I will speak to the team about this and also the lack of attention received at the Tours Desk, both of which are unacceptable.
Guest feedback is very important to us here at the Resort as it enables us to continually monitor and improve our guests overall experience, so thank you once again.
Bikash Randhawa, General Manager at Sea World Resort and Water Park.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Took a 4 day break and flew up to the gold coast to stay at seaworld with a pass to sea world, wet n wild and movie world built into the price. Great value and the absolute bonus was the room was located directly across from the pool. At the pool is a nightly water and light show of spongebob squarepants for about 20 minutes!! Amazing!! We were out there every night, my daughter spellbound! Room was refurbished (must ask when booking). Was a perfect getaway, good service and great living right next to the sea world resort. Can either walk into the park or take the monorail. Hire a car to get back and forth from the airport and to the other two parks, a relatively easy 25 minute drive. 10/10!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RobbMcC
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear RobbMcC
Thank you for your post in relation to your stay at our resort. It’s great to hear such positive feedback, particularly about our light show. It makes us very happy to hear how much your daughter (and you!) enjoyed it.
Bikash Randhawa, General Manager of Sea World Resort and Water Park

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the resort. I stayed there about 4 years ago & since then the rooms (or at least the one I stayed in) have been refurbished in a pleasant modern decor. $180 included 1 night accommodation for 2 & 2 days at Seaworld/Movieworld/Wet'n'Wild. The staff we came into contact with were all very friendly. A reasonably priced overnight getaway for me & my 5 year old - resort accommodation, 2 theme park days, a 'gift' on arrival for my son, & all our meals & entertainment for under $300. A couple of minor issues such as the complimentary toiletries were dirty (obviously sitting in storage for a long time) & the towels were somewhat threadbare, but overall a good experience. Nothing outstanding, nothing bad. Very disappointed in the theme parks though, especially Seaworld. I will review separately but suffice to say if I had paid full price at the gate I would have demanded a refund within the hour.

1  Thank Becky O
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear Becky O,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our Resort. I am pleased that you enjoyed staying in one of our newly refurbished bedrooms. We will have at least 80% of our bedrooms completed by the end of this year. It’s good to hear that you found your package great value for money.
I am sorry that you were disappointed in your visit to Sea World. However, we are expecting the Sea Viper to be back in action very shortly after undergoing recent essential maintenance. All of our other attractions at the park are in operation and we have just opened our new Dinosaur Island exhibit, one of which has taken up residence in our Resort Lobby!
We hope to welcome you back to the resort the next time you are on the Gold Coast.
Bikash Randhawa, General Manager of Sea World Resort and Water Park

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Went to the Sea World resort with the family for a long weekend as part of the "red hot deal" which included free entry into the major theme parks. It was good value, but rooms were small and certainly showing their age. Brekfast buffet was awful (and I will eat almost anything) and you could never find parking after your day's adventure. One time I had to park about 1 km away from the entry to the resort, which is not ideal after you have spent all day on your feet chasing the kids around a theme park.

The accomodation is family friendly and just ok, but you can do a lot better for your money at other places on the Gold Coast.

Date of stay: June 2012
3  Thank gibbo18
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear gibbo18,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our Resort. In regards to your room looking very tired. We are currently in the process of upgrading all of our guest rooms and should be almost 80% complete over the coming months.
I apologise that you had to park so far away after a long day at one of our theme parks. It is very rare for our car park to fill to capacity but there have been a few big events on the coast this week. We had the marathon and also Surfers Paradise Festival which made the area very busy.
Its disappointing to hear that breakfast did not meet your expectations as it normally proves very popular. I will pass this feedback on to our Food and Beverage Team.
Its always good to hear different perspectives from our guests and I appreciate your valuable feedback. This enables us to constantly monitor and improve the service we deliver.
Bikash Randhawa, General Manager of Sea World Resort and Water Park.