Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
travelgirl161921
Wollongong

Super cheap deal!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 June 2012
I got an amazing deal by ringing them direct and asking what they could do for me. I got one nights accommodation at the resort, one day at sea world theme park and the next day at movie word for two adults and two kids for $219.00 for the lot! They then charged me 1.75% to book it on my credit card and I had to pay straight away. The resort is nice, my kids loved the huge outdoor pool which was heated and the hot tub. Plus a great mini water park and a character appearances at 9am. We saw dora but were hoping for spongebob or one of his friends. The main restaurant had a nice buffet at $49.50 per adult and one dollar per age for the kids. Breakfast was good too at $ 29.50 per adult and one dollar per age for the kids. I normally would eat a bit more economically but with such a great deal thought what the hey. Ii would definately ring them first anytime I am headed to the them parks to see what they can do for me!
Trip type: Travelled with family
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
, General Manager at Sea World Resort, responded to this review
Responded 5 July 2012
Dear travelgirl161921,
Great feedback thank you. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Resort. Our Red Hot Deal is proving very popular with our guests.
We hope to welcome you back the next time you visit the Gold Coast.
Bikash Randhawa, General Manager of Sea World Resort and Water Park
Golden Sands on Main Beach
2.9 km from Sea World Resort
View more hotels in Main Beach
6,082 results
All reviews theme park water park sea world kids club shoreline restaurant light show japanese restaurant dolphin show garden wing sponge bob easy access to seaworld family holiday movie world great family lobby lounge pool area young kids
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Beautiful resort, crisp, clean and modern room. As a family of four, we loved staying here and would do so again in a heartbeat. Loved being a part of seaworld and the kids loved meeting Dora and Diego in the lobby for a photo. The pool and water playground were great and the grounds stunning. We got a 'red hot deal' which gave us unlimited entry into three parks for three days which was a real bonus. It was great to duck into sea world for a few hours and then come back to our room for a breather before venutring out again.
Only bad points were 1) lack of information on resort facilities as the folder in our room appeared incomplete and 2) I would also have like to seen a little more space in the tea making area as preparing sandwiches and throwing together a breakfast for the family was tricky. I would also love to see this resort provide a more budget friendly option for dining. We didn't dine at the resort because it was priced out of our league.
Think about hiring a car if you don't have one - no shops close by and walking isn't really an option. Plenty of car parking and it's free.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Bron R
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Bron R,
It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Sea World Resort and Water Park. The Red Hot deal has been very popular with our guests and I am pleased that you agree what great value it is.
We are currently in the process of merging our hotel compendiums onto the in-room TV's. I am confident that this will address the problem of not providing enough information about the resort. I take on board your comments around providing more budget friendly dining options. We do offer meal deals where you can eat breakfast and dinner for $65 each ($85 at the weekend). Children are charged just $1 for each year of age.
However, I appreciate your feedback and will speak to our Food and Beverage team to see how we can improve the choices provided for our guests on all budgets.
Thank you for your very valuable feedback.
Bikash Randhawa, General Manager of Sea World Resort and Water Park

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I Called up for a quote on an accommodation Package for 4 adults and 3 kids, planning to stay 8 nights in their family Room. I was assurred the quote was exact price for the 8 nights there. I am helping the other family joining us get a quote on the stay. I told the operator over the phone who was the most helpful with my enquiry that I need to let the other family the total costs and that I will call them back to pay and do the booking. Btw I called about 6pm, the next morning at about 10am I called back to pay and book the accommodation, I asked for the same person whom I spoke with but he was not working this day. so I spoke to someone else and gave them the same details as the night before. The new guy comes back and tells me that the quote given was incorrect and that the new quoted price is higher, I complained to him and asked if he could match the price but he said no. So I decided to speak to their manager/supervisor on the day. She tells me that they cannot garrantee a quote unless u fully pay for it straight away. and of course no refund. I was also told the quote will be different every time I call cos they cannot fix the price unless u pay. I was upset that Sea world has such foolish policies and that their lack of customer friendly help. It is not like I took a few days or a week to decide on the booking. I called up the next morning to book and pay fully for it. They said that they cannot match the quote I was given last nite cos the other guy made and error. I believe that if they are the ones making the error, they should fix it on their end and not take it out on the customer who is doing the right thing. So obviously I do not recommend this resort to anybody until they get their lack of customer service right. After the conversation on the phone I called up a different place and they gave me the best customer service anyone could have. So I booked it with them instead and guess what I don't need to fully pay everything. They only need 1 nights rent as a deposit. If you need a good place to stay and very friendly customer service. Talk to the people at Zenith Ocean Front Apartments. I would recommend them for sure. And as for Sea world, I am glad I am not gonna give them my money for such service.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Hong T
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Hong T,
Thank you for your above feedback. After reading your comments I was concerned that you had been given the wrong information. Luckily after talking to my Reservations Team, Daniel and Luke remember talking to you. You were originally quoted for a family room with one child. When you called back the next morning your requirements had changed to include two extra children which is why the rate was different from the night before. For this particular deal we charge per extra child because it includes theme park entry tickets. The Red Hot deal has limited availability which is why you were also requested to pre pay. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and I apologise personally for any confusion we may have caused.
Bikash Randhawa, General Manager of Sea World Resort and Water Park.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

My husband and I stayed in a refurbished delux king view room for $ 179.oo a night for 2 nights. Compared to some other places we have stayed for a similar price we thought the room rate was very reasonable and add to that the free entry to the theme park ( would normally have cost us $160.oo ) I think it was great value.
A previous reviewer complained about the lack of breakfast options.......yes the breakfast buffet is expensive at $29.90 a person but there are other options. We had our breakfast delivered to our room at the time of our choice. There was a good selection ( we shared the bakery basket $9.50 on one morning ) and had a hot breakfast the next. The prices were what you would expect from a 4 star resort and we ate on our balcony overlooking the broadwater, beautiful.
The other option if you really wanted to save money is to buy individual cereal packets ($1.75 ea ) and milk from the resort shop.
We ate one night at the lounge bar/ restaurant and the meal was tasty and reasonably priced....I also had a mocktail which was very yummy.
Our room was bright and fresh....it overlooked the Broadwater and also the pool area. I was a bit worried at first that the noise from the pool would be a problem but it wasn't.....we even watched part of the 8pm light and sound show, that they put on each night for the kids, from our balcony.
I initially spoke to Liz in reservations who was very friendly and helpful, then spoke to Jackson at the tour desk who booked our Outback spectacular trip for us, again very friendly and helpful and went out of his way to organise things for us. Also Jon, the waiter where we had dinner on our first night was was a very happy chappy and made us feel very welcome. The check in/out staff were all friendly and efficient.
The resort has been around for a long time but the gardens are kept lovely and the foyer area looks modern and welcoming. We were lucky with our room as it had been recently redone........I don't know what the other rooms are like.
Overall I think if you mainly just wanted to see Seaworld and do some tours of the Broadwater etc as apposed to " Hitting the Town " then Seaworld Resort is a great place for couples as well as families.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Australianjen
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you Australianjen for your thorough and informative review of Sea World Resort and Water Park.
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your time here with us. I would like to say an extra special thank you for mentioning our staff by name. This enables me to speak to them and their teams directly about the positive impact they had on your stay. I am also pleased that you were able to experience one of our newly refurbished guestrooms, we think they look great and its good to hear that you thought so too!
We hope to welcome you back the next time you visit the Gold Coast.
Bikash. General Manager at Sea World Resort and Water Park.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Room service not so great timing wise. The hotel is a long way away from the airport and doesn't offer a courtesy coach. There are no bars, shops etc within close walking distance. Facilities for a conference were sub standard. i.e. No wireless internet in rooms & office printing facilities need updating. Very family focused, which is great, however if you are sold it as a conference venue, management need to take care of these customers as well. All in all my experience there was only good because of the other conference attendees and not the hotel.

The rooms themselves were OK.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank nzSmithz
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear nzSmithz,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. It’s great to get a conference guest perspective on our facilities. I would like to try and answer some of the issues you have mentioned.
There is no excuse in a long wait for room service and I must first apologise for that.
As you know we are located on the Spit next to Sea World but have Marina Mirage a short 15 minute walk away which has shops and a variety of bars and restaurants. We do have a resort shop located in the lobby which stocks a good selection of snacks and everyday essential items.
We have internet in our bedrooms but currently only wireless in the public areas. We are in the process of installing wireless internet through the hotel over the coming months as we understand how important that is to our conference guests.
Once again, thank you for providing fellow travellers with your experiences.
Bikash Randhawa, GM of Sea World Resort and Water Park.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Stayed at Sea World Resort for 2 nights on a $99 a night deal. Rooms could do with a freshen up as they loos a little dated. The shower in 3104 also needs some attention so water doesn't go everywhere (I made that note in the guest comments). Enjoyed the early access to Sea World for the special dolphin presentation. But we were then forced to leave the theme park and then re-enter. That arrangement could be changed to allow guests to stay in the park, given people were starting to enter as we were leaving. Smart idea to put on a Sponge Bob water show at night in the resort at it was popular with children. So be prepared for lots of kids and people with prams at Sea World Resort. If you don't like either, this isn't the place to stay. There's also no free internet. Wired internet in rooms and WiFi in foyer were pay-walled. Why are Australian hotels lagging behind overseas hotels on offering free WiFi?

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple