1,778 results
All reviews swim up bar oyster bar across the road spa studio terrace restaurant seafood buffet water features direct beach access gold coast surfers paradise oysters pool area lagoon room shopping centre ocean view relaxing stay an upgrade
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Although I was disappointed in how crowded the resort was (I figured going to Brisbane in the middle of the winter would result in smaller crowds), I found the service, the property, and the facilities to be excellent. I was greeted at check-in by Fiona, who provided a warm welcome and extensive information about the property.
During our stay, we made use of several of the facilities, and my only gripe would be slow service at the Oasis Pool Bar. However, considering the crowds around the pool, that did not surprise me.
Throughout our stay, every interaction with the staff has been professional and pleasant. The property has been very clean, and the rooms are appointed very well. It appears to be an older property, but very well updated.
This trip was for a very special occasion for me and my family, and the resort made me feel like I made the right choice for the occasion. Many thanks to the Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool offer the best views, but can be noisy at times. Pool closes by 7pm, so these seem to be the best choice.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Duggle1
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Hi Duggle1

We were delighted to have you and your family with us for your very special occasion, and it was our absolute pleasure to look after you all to ensure this stay was wonderful. Thank you for your positive review on your experience, with regards both our resort facilities, and the service of our team. Your praise for Fiona is especially appreciated, and she was touched to be mentioned in your review and she will be recognised for the warm welcome extended to you all.

Our apologies though for the slow service you encountered at the Oasis Pool Bar. The Winter period is actually a very popular time for Australians from the southern states to escape the cold for some sunshine, and we regret that you did experience delays at the pool which should not have happened, no matter how busy.

Many thanks again for choosing Sheraton Grand Mirage for your very special occasion Duggle1 We hope you and your family will return if your travels bring you back to Australia, and to the Sunshine State!

with warm regards

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

The staff are what really makes this place 5 star. Thank you to Chef Valentina and her team for making the best breakfasts personalised (they remembered my children’s order) and to the lovely pool bar staff that made the best cocktails! Nothing was too much trouble for any of the employees that work here! The grounds are exceptional.. away from the high rises of the Gold Coast, and we had the best weather! We don’t want to leave (we’re technically still here but go home today). Highly recommend for families. We’ll be back. Tahnee And Dave Hewish

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hi Tahnee and Dave

We all loved your fantastic review (your first!), especially Valentina and the Breakfast team, and the Pool Bar crew! Thank you for your loyalty, your recommendation, and for sharing your experience and insights into our resort in such a special way.

We're looking forward to welcoming you and your family back for many more visits into the future.

warm wishes

Reviewed 10 August 2018

The hotel looks great when you walk in. It is quiet, but the trade-off is a 10 to 15 minute stroll to restaurants outside the hotel. Being right on the beach is perfect, with the choice between the sand or the beach track for a flat and long walk or run.
However, hotel service was effusive but not always terrific. Reception promised they would text me when my room was ready, but the text never arrived. Reception also did not give me any information about hotel facilities, and looked nonplussed when I asked about access to the spa. "We don't own it," reception told me. I am not sure how thrilled whoever does own it would be at this response. I was not told that breakfast was included in my room tariff and had to enquire about it. While waiting for the room, I ordered a herb tea in the bar and got English Breakfast. The waiter was sincerely apologetic and helpful, when I reported the error. Once in the room, I found very little on the room service menu suitable for people with food intolerances or allergies, and when I tried to call to see if something could be worked out, the phone did not work properly: the staff member could not hear me clearly. Her suggestion was that I hang up and try again. Which I did without success. There was no follow-up. The TV was not quite top end, but it did swing between the bed and the lounge for choice of viewing location. I chose the bed, but spent a few frustrating minutes trying in vain to get the remote to work. The guy called to service it, clearly thought I was an idiot who did not know how to work a remote. Either he did not know or was not going to enlighten me that the remote worked only from the couch.

My terrace room was very spacious, and the large triangular bath was lovely. The bar fridge was larger than usual, and I appreciated the complimentary water and internet access. The pool is beautifully warmed. The lock gates allowing access to the beach walk from the pool were unreliable, and bringing that to the attention of staff did not change matters. Breakfast looked fine if you don't have food intolerances, but very limited if you did. The restaurant was spacious and sparkling, and staff were polite. The decaf coffee was not great.

The advertising offers "toiletries" with the room. By this they mean soap, shampoo, conditioner and not much else. When I enquired, reception had a dental pack available, but you had to know to ask.

When my stay was over, the guy who called the taxi for me at 2.30 pm made a minor error with the luggage, but a much bigger error when he regaled me with his lengthy explanation about being overworked the night before. He was clearly peeved when I showed little interest and now wanted to prove his manhood by engaging me in an unwanted and unrequested discussion about whether I was leaving for the airport at the right time. He kept pushing it when I showed reluctance to engaged.

It is still a comfortable and attractive stay. I recommend that the hotel upgrade the information it provides and train its staff much better on when to provide information and when not to. More inclusive dining options would be great too. The inappropriate cab hailer's comments did make me wonder if they are overworking the staff.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Dawn K

We appreciate your detailed review of your recent resort experience, and apologise sincerely for the service lapses and inconsistencies, and lack of follow up, you encountered, and for that interaction with our team member as you were departing the resort.

Any one of these instances is completely unacceptable, and to know you have experienced a succession from check in to check out is enormously disappointing, as these do not reflect the care and service culture which we aim to practise and deliver daily in looking after and serving our guests and patrons.

On a more positive note, it was heartening to read you enjoyed our location, your accommodation and the physical look of our Terraces Restaurant and the politeness of the restaurant team.

Dawn K, the suggestions you have made are noted and appreciated, as is your support in staying with us for this visit up from Sydney, and the time you have taken to post such a detailed account of your stay. I would be very grateful also if you could contact Sharon Hartridge (07 5591 0873) in my office with details of your reservation so I can personally follow up with our Department Managers and address those specific issues and experiences you have highlighted in your review. We look forward to hearing from you.

with warm regards

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Had a great time at the Sheraton Mirage for a conference. The rooms were spacious and renovated and very clean. The staff couldn’t do enough to help and the pools were beautiful. It’s a little weird that you can’t swim in them all but the grounds are lovely. Walking distance to everything. Would definitely bring the kids back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Beachnova

Thank you for reviewing your recent conference stay, and for including photos (the pic of the meandering waterways is an aspect not usually seen, and we especially liked that one!). It was good to know you enjoyed your time here, and we love that you think our staff are awesome, and that you would return with your family. Looking forward to that Beachnova, and for the moment we thank you again for your 5 out of 5 review which we all appreciate.

warmest regards

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Total coincidence but when we stayed here it coincided with the Logies. We were star struck and our kids got to enjoy photos with a lot the CHANEL 7 celebs including a little “breakfast on sunrise” camio!

Great hotel, very friendly, awesome service and the location is stunning. Pool is looking a bit tired but apart from that would def stay again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Hi Lisa

Thank you for choosing to stay at our resort with your family, and for posting such a positive review....not to mention those wonderful photos!

We loved your review, and are so glad you enjoyed your time here, and do hope you will return for another memorable Mirage experience sometime soon.

warmest regards