having great expectations of the Versace hotel we were unfortunately very disappointed. immediately upon arrival the front desk tried to push us to double our hotel rate and upgrade room even though we already had one of their better suites. We had requested a quiet room and the lady placed us facing the main road where you could hear the poeple talk as they walked past the property, it was ridicukous. at first she didnt want to move us until i managed to get someone else to help. we finally moved rooms only to be woken up at 7am by maintanance crew yelling to each other in the internal courtyards. then one of the buzzers into the residents sections decided to start beeping all day and night. this continued for another day keeping us awake. despite making complaints to reception and engineering coming to the room twice nothing was done, then finally we were moved to another section of the hotel. this was the 3rd room move...
the lobby and hotel overall is very tired and quite dated. it has a great pool which is the saving grace to be honest but the service is 3star at best. around the pool you need to chase and go get your own drinks. breakfast is decent but the staff seem to hate their jobs and all but one was just terrible. they have a restaurant calle vue next door which is absolutely terrible. we waited amost 15 minutes for our reservation yet it was not even 30%full, 40 minutes for our drinks and none of us liked the food. We all had fish and while we ordered different things all were terribly overcooked, and the vegetables were raw??? fortunately we had a lovely waitress who kept aplogoising for the management and kitchen. she did her best to save the day. we ended up eating in one of the local restaurants in the Mirage complex next door. some great places and seafood there.
hotel concierge were useless too, they sent us to a restaurant that was closed (they had made a reservation), the next day they forgot to make the reservation eventhought they told us it was made, when we asked one of the staff to call and double check.
this hotel needs a revamp and total new management and staff. the best were actually the door/bellmen and security who seemed to know more than hotel staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Gold Coast Broadwater, Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is ‘a destination within a destination’. A waterfront setting, spectacular architecture, Italian furnishings, extraordinary service and an ambience of pure glamour. Palazzo Versace is everything you would expect from the world’s first fully fashion-branded hotel; home to three award winning restaurants, famed day spa, Fitness & Wellbeing Centre, private marina, Versace Boutique and access to Australia’s first Water Salon poolside cabana experience. Housing 200 light-filled rooms in timeless craftsmanship accessorised by Bespoke Versace furnishing and a ‘Juliet’ balcony inviting the Gold Coast sunshine and azure skies to pour in. With a glorious sub-tropical climate; cosmopolitan approach to life; and the beauty of a Renaissance palace, Palazzo Versace creates the perfect holiday and the ultimate escapism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Palazzo Versace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Versace Main Beach
- Palazzo Versace Hotel Main Beach
- Hotel Versace
- Palazzo Versace Gold Coast/Main Beach