“Cloud 9 ... By name and by nature :-)”
Review of Cloud 9 Seaplanes

USD 347.06*
Romantic Scenic Flight with Private Island Picnic Lunch by Seaplane
Ranked #15 of 34 Tours in Main Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are looking for a truly unique, safe and stunning way to explore the Gold Coast with a few surprises thrown in, this is an experience that you will never forget! Cloud 9 Seaplanes offers Scenic Joy Flights, Island Day Tours, Romantic Island Picnics and Charter Flights to a variety of places on the Gold Coast and around South East Queensland, Australia. When you are ready for a fun activity that will really surprise you in a way you won't expect, call us and book your seat to Cloud 9 .
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

I've been looking forward to writing this review.  Trying to find the right words is hard though, simply because the entire experience was beyond awesome.

I booked a flight for two with a romantic picnic lunch provided and poor Pete was extremely patient with all of my emails to and fro confirming the details. I needn't have worried, he had everything covered and then some!

My partner had no idea what I had planned for his birthday, and the look on his face when the seaplane casually pulled up on the beach beside us was priceless.  The look on his face when he realized he was going to get a turn a playing pilot even more so!

The flight was so much fun! I can't remember the last time I smiled quite so much!  The plane was comfortable,  I felt perfectly safe with Pete as pilot despite being a little nervous beforehand and the views were spectacular!

McLarens Island is beautiful, it has the complete tropical island feel - walk around the main area and all you can hear is music,  singing, chat and laughter. Everybody is happy and friendly, and who can blame them?  It would be hard not to be happy in a place like this!  The food smells amazing, though we didn't try any as we had our own little set up for lunch.

Pete made sure we had everything we needed, couldn't have asked for more. The most plentiful and delicious lunch I've had in a very long time, in the most beautiful location with the most amazing views and the most relaxed atmosphere - the only word that even comes close to describing it is perfect.

After lunch we wandered around and explored a little further, there are some great tracks that you can walk along and plenty to see along the way.

Plenty of time for relaxing and exploring and just soaking up the atmosphere and then Pilot Pete arrived to fly us back. After such a huge day the flight back was quite calm and relaxing, we took the opportunity to really take in the views and savour the experience.

A few days later and we're both still on 'Cloud 9', can't stop smiling and definitely planning on booking another flight with Pete the Pilot soon!

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Our company has been up on the Cloud 9 Seaplane several times and never fails to disappoint. With Pete in the pilots seat you are entertained through the whole experience and to view the Gold Coast from the air with your water landing this is a fantastic experience. Make sure when you go to ask Pete how to fish for Whiting...

1  Thank GoldCoastGretel
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We went up for a spin, the aircraft is a bit of a klunker but it was fun and noisy. Great to see the Gold Coast from the air though.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Highly recommended, we had a flip over Surfers Paradise, the buildings and the waterways - never realised how much water there is here. Captain Pete dropped us off at McLarens Landing for a ncie relaxed barbie and colld beers for lunch before picking us up again to continue our magnificent experience.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is the ride of a lifetime. I can guarantee that by the time you've finished the flight, you'll be so pleased that you'll be recommending this awesome experience to all your friends and family! Pete the pilot is superbly friendly, fun, accommodating, easy-going and makes you feel like you're not "just another customer". My wife was 36 weeks pregnant when we flew and we had an absolute blast! Pete made sure he didn't do anything we were uncomfortable with and made sure we had heaps of fun. I can't recommend this enough and I will keep recommending this to all of our friends and family. Sam

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
PeteMuzza, Owner at Cloud 9 Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Hi Sam and Bronwyn, thanks for your kind words. After two cancelations due to weather the trip to the island and back worked out well. I told you it would be worth the wait.
Finally sorry Sam but I still think Bronwyn can fly better than you! Oh dear that will cause some interesting discussions in the future. Great to meet you both and good luck with the future. Cheers, Pete