“Magnificent location, spectacular veiws, wonderful service, however, not overly excited by the food.”

Glass Dining and Lounge Bar
Ranked #3 of 78 Restaurants in Main Beach
Price range: USD 18 - USD 71
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Glass Dining & Lounge Bar captures elegant dining with cutting edge design and breathtaking views to provide a relaxed ambience which represents the Gold Coast lifestyle. The Menu produced by Head Chef David Pommier is delightful using only the best quality produce, meats and fresh local seafood. Enjoy a candle lit dinner surrounded by ambient music and service with exceptional standards or a lazy lunch with your favourite cocktail, watching the sun setting over the marina - whatever the occasion be assured that Glass Dining & Lounge Bar will be a memorable experience for you.
Reviewed 11 December 2017

As far as location goes, it’s got to be one of the best on the Gold Coast, and the service we received was second to none. The indoor ambiance is lovely, perfect for that romantic dinner or a that long awaited get together with friends. The outdoor dining option sure won’t disappoint either, you have million dollar boats metres from your table and the lights of the Coast Coast as their backdrop.

The menu reads beautifully, however, we found the portions to be very small and not quite tasting as spectacular as they sounded.

After checking the menu online prior to booking to ensure they served oysters (they have 5 different styles in fact!), I eagerly ordered those tasty little sea critters, however, I was informed they had already run out (it’s only 7pm!) Now, I understand these things happen in the restaurant industry, however, it also happened to friends whilst dining there a couple days later ... they need to up the daily oyster order me thinks!

The martini’s were to die for, hoorah to the bar. The wine list was impressive, being Chardonnay drinkers it was lovely to have 8 to choose from, I’d recommend the ‘14 Vasse Felix ‘Heytesbury’.

Overall, my partner and I had a lovely evening, although not overly impressed with the food, everything else was well and truely up to scratch.

Would I dine there again? No, there are plenty of other places on the Gold Coast offering all of the good features I mentioned, as well as food to die for.

Would I go there for drinks by the water and watch the sunset over the Gold Coasts water playground? Most definitely!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Service & Quality every time at Glass, we love coming back every time we are on holidays in the Gold Coast

Thanks Glass,

This restaurant is becoming our regular when in Southport. Great food, perfect ambience, attentive wait staff and extensive wine list!

1  Thank Defre72
Reviewed 11 December 2017

First time diner and loved it! The food was amazing, the service was fantastic and the ambience was lovely. It was my birthday and they surprised me with a sparkler and sang happy birthday. Would highly recommend restaurant.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

To be honest, I heard mixed reviews on this place. Some fantastic, some poor.

Unfortunately, we got the bad side. Restaurant was very busy, which I don't mind at all but the waitstaff were a bit slow on the up take. We waited over an hour for our meals,I kindly asked a waiter about it and he said the manager would be over shortly, of which she avoided to come anywhere near our table what so ever.

I asked again and they advised it was because of the steak but I've NEVER had to wait over an hour for a medium rare steak in my life. They certainly lost our order and tried to use the steak as a cover. The 'Jumbo' sized Mooloolaba prawns were very disappointing. I could have caught bigger from my tinny. Also, I didn't realise the salt rock would literally make the prawns saltier than actually biting into a Himalayan Salt Lamp. Steak turned out great though and dessert was nice.

I explained to the waiter my disappointment when he asked why i hadn't eaten my meal to which he replied 'oh, that's not very good', which also made me more annoyed.

I guess this would probably be a good restaurant if you were the only people there. They can't handle the heat of a busy Saturday night.

Not impressed for the price.