“A family favourite!”

Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Ashmore
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This place is amazing. The best steak I have ever had - plus free all you can eat garlic bread - what's not to love!!
I was first taken here by my husbands family, then when my family (who are English) flew over for a visit we took them here and they loved it too!! A definate family favourite!

Reviewed 3 May 2012

One of the Gold Coasts best kept secrets is the amount of wine sitting in this place. Instead of flicking through a wine list, simply take yourself towards the bar and start browsing, all the bottles are numbered and then it’s just a process of finding where that stock is kept. At the end of your meal, you can even buy a couple to take home, all usually below bottle shop prices too.

As for food, yes, portion size is massive. A kids meal could serve 3-4 kids, and a pasts meal will seem like the bowl is bottomless. The seafood is top notch, but a friend had issues with the red meat, luckily I’m not a huge fan so had no problems!

You wont need a reservation, the tables appear to go up to a thousand, I’ve never seen the whole restaurant, it’s like a small factory. Though slightly better decorated.

Tip: the garlic bread is free, and they’ll keep serving you, but taking into account the size of the meals, don’t fill up too fast on garlic bread alone or you’ll have problems later… ;-)

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Huge meals couldnt finish them relaxed atmosphere and kid friendly well be back

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Well 1st off my meal was HUGE... well not as big as the restaurant itself it is also HUGE and I think the biggest restaurant I have ever been to! Anyway back to the food as I said my meal was huge but I wouldn’t call it great food and I guess it want bad. Overall average but if you like a big feed its mostly the place to go.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We always visit this restaurant when holidaying on the Gold Coast! Many years ago it was recommended to us by the receptionist at the apartment complex and she was right the place is awesome!

This holiday we dined there twice, on both ocassions we had fantastic meals. Shared 2 mains between 4 adults and 1 kids calamari between the 2 preschoolers as the servinga are BIG! BBQ king prawns and Moreton Bay first visit then BBQ king prawns, garlic mud crab on the second visit. It was all delicious, love the free garlic bread and the great selection of wine available.

Not cheap but good seafood never is (Large serving of King prawns were about AUD 50). Staff do say the servings are big so suggest they are suitable to share or there are smaller servings of the dishes available at a lower price.

Service is prompt and meals come out quickly which is a bonus when you have hungry kids with you. Lots of high chairs available and kid friendly. Ours love visiting the gold fish and checking out the chiller cabinet.

Would certainly recommend to friends and family.