1,095 results
All reviewsfamily pooladult pooltable numberthomas cookfamily hotelhome grownkiller poolfamily blockkids discofruit and vegair conquiet poolpool barentertainment staffkiller dartslovely hotelwater polo
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Date of travel 03.05.18 -10.05.18

When we arrived at the hotel, this was the day the hotel opened for the season. We was greated by Margarita (Owner) and also a friendly receptionist who came along the check in queue to give us out all inclusive bands to cut down time. When we got to our room our first thoughts where wow. Nice clean room, nicely decorate and nice views from the balcony.

The food was the most amazing food I have had from an all inclusive. The was a variety of salad every night which amazing hot options. I dont think I will ever find cuisine like the one here. When you arrive you are given a table number which is your same table for the rest of your stay. Some people shared tables if you only had small parties but nobody seemed to mind and it was nice knowing you didnt have to fight for a table at every meal. Coffee machine is on all the time also and for a coffee holic it was nice.

There was a pool at the front of the hotel with was adults only. And then a pool at the back of the hotel for children and families with a snack bar and the thomas cook rep entertainers. I have children myself but it was nice to be so far away from the chaos and just relax as I tried with my sister and mother.

My mother was disabled and hired a motability scooter out from a local company (contacted through facebooK) they delivered the scooter the day before we arrived and then came to collect it on the day we where due to fly home. My mum had to drive on the road most of the time as the curbs arent as wheel friendly as back in the UK but we got around fine. There are steps up to the main reception which she had to climb, but there was a small lift to access rooms (only two people could really fit comfortably).

Every morning we went down for beakfast we was greated my Margarita and bar and reception staff. They where always friendly and full of smiles. There is also a shop that you can access from the hotel grounds.

We didnt research the hotel however before booking and only researched closer to the time to find that Laganas was Club 18-30. With none of us that drink we thought this would be the ruin to our holiday. However towards the back end of the week was when the young ones started to arrive and then they mostly was at the family pool than the adult only pool so we wasnt disrupted. There was a few roudy teens that when the hotel receives complaints takes these very seriously and issues warnings to the guests. Which is nice as you know that they hotel with act if necessary. When going out at night time along the streets (not after 11pm) there are people trying to get you to go into the clubs but when you say no thank you, they bid you on your way and dont hound.

We went on the smugglers cover activity booked through the reps, and this is such an amazing trip 38 euro each for a full day on an amazing pirate ship. There is entertainment on board, lovely views of around the island. shipwreck cove is a pebble beach however so very painful on your feet. Also the boat doesnt go inland so you have to get off a ramp into the sea and then make your way to sure. (My mother stayed on board). There was then another swim stop that you was able to walk the plank and jump overboard which was exciting.

I would also like to give a shout out to Lily one of the thomas cook tour reps as she was so welcoming and friendly that everyone loved to say hello to her and she waved everyone off when they left. A true assest to Thomas Cook.

I didnt see much to do for children in Laganas (not the hotels fault) but there was families there that seemed to be enjoying themselves. I wouldnt go personally with my children but this will be my first choice if I ever get the luxury of having a child free holiday again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank samowen92
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Customer service in this hotel is severely lacking.....ensuring “guests” pay up is the main priority. Air con....€7 a day....safe...€10 deposit .....u want an iron ? Good luck

Funny thing is most people love it, they return time & time again, I suppose you get what you expect & I expect some level of customer service in a 4* hotel which this is advertised as but absolutely is not!!!

There are rules everywhere......lists of them all over every available space from your room to the dining area to the pool...I personally felt like a criminal for a week with the restrictions in place & the abrupt attitude of the staff.

The food is pretty awful...except the soup which has the same base every day but a different flavour....definitely not 4* standards although the staff didn’t seem to mind as they helped themselves along with the guests!!

Overall if you want good weather with plenty on your doorstep & you can get a week for £200 then go for it & pay all the extras & eat out....if you want service & to be treated like a guest go elsewhere.

6  Thank Lisa H
Margarita_Hotel_2018, Manager at smartline Margarita Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Dear Lisa H,

We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay in our hotel and you have rated us with 1 out of 5 stars.
But as with your partner's comment below, a couple of days ago, we are not sure what excatly is your complaint.

Yes, the aircon in the room costs 7 euro per 24 hours. Until now the maximum temperature never exceeded 27-28 degrees and it was not really necessary for most of our guests. Therefore we find it more reasonable to keep the aircon optional instead of adding it anyway in the price of the room and increase the cost for all our guests.

Yes, you can use the safe in the room with a 10 euro deposit which you get back when you return the key. Again, we are not sure what is your complaint on this.

Yes, we do have an ironing room equipped with an iron and ironing board that you can use for free. We don't know many hotels that offer such facility for free.

Yes, you do have to wear the wristband in the hotel. That is pretty standard in all inclusive hotels everywhere in the world. It is necessary so as to avoid non-guests to enjoy our services and therefore it is necessary for the security and safety of our guests.

Yes, our soups have "the same base every day", it's called water.

And No it is not funny that "most people love it, they return time & time again" as you say. The funny thing is that you find funny what the majority of people think about our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

First I have recently returned from a week at this hotel 16th to 23rd May, and I do feel that one of the recent comments below is fairly unjust, but everyone has different opinions so here's mine. Hotel is down a little side lane, it's modern exceptionally clean, bright and cherfull. Food was more than adequate for adults, a full English or continental breakfast was available every day. Evening meal was always a varied choice, the only thing I would comment on is I didn't think there was a lot suitable to the very young children staying in the hotel.
Save key - yes you pay 10 euro but you get it back at the end of the holiday which is a hell of a lot better than most hotels that don't return any money.
It's absolutely standard in any all inclusive hotel anywhere in the world that you wear a wristband, otherwise anyone could come on the complex and abuse the holiday you have paid for.
Drinks were ok not much choice in the way of mixers, only pop to go with spirits. I would of preferred fruit juices but dispite asking several times I never got anything other than fizzy pop with my vodka. Spirits were weak but to be fair they didn't ever deny you an extra single shot if you asked for one.
Pool and all communal area were pristine clean, we sat by the adults pool but also visited the family pool for a snack.
The worst thing for us was the lack of entertainment we only had one night when an act was bought in. Thomas cook get those two delightful girls a decent PA system we couldn't tell what they were saying except for the test of 1 2, 1,2
Staff at the hotel we're all lovely and polite and helpful and our room in the main block was really nice and modern.
Margarita acknowledged me every night when I went to evening meal even giving me a lovely compliment on the morning we left.
Laganas weather was cloudy and dull for 5 of our days and two were hot this does put a downer on people's experiences.

In a nutshell yes iv had better all inclusive experiences but I'm also mindful that iv paid a lot more for them than I did here.
Overall it's a lovely hotel but please improve the evening entertainment and the food for the children and get better mixers for the drinks and you would be on a winner.

4  Thank Pinkflamingo11

Dear guest,

thank you for you review and for your positive feedback.
We are very glad that you found our hotel modern exceptionally clean, bright and cheerfull.
We are also very happy to see that you liked our food and that you found the variety adequate.

Thank you also for the rest of your comments for the entertainment and the variety of drinks.
Please rest assured we take it very seriously into account in our continuous work for improvement.

We thank you again for your feedback as we always consider well-mannered criticism as an opportunity to improve our service standards.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2018

just returned from this hotel could not fault it food was brilliant and all veggies and salad were from the home grown area opposite the hotel plus fresh eggs from chickens mr and mrs margirita and family are very nice and polite plus all the staff around the pool,behind the bar the girls cleaning room cleaned every day,the pool area was lovely and clean nice little kiddies area the front pool was lovely and quiet honestly could not fault it thomas cook reps were a good laugh and polite beer was fine and local vodka ok.WOULD DEFINATELY VISIT AGAIN WITH MY FAMILY AND GRAND KIDS

Room Tip: we were room 119 bottom level did nt have any problems with noise
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank dollywood25
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We are staying here at the minute and honestly there isn’t a lot positives here....

Where to start with this apparently 4* Hotel as Thomas Cook advertised.

- you have to pay £10 for safe key- it is refundable I suppose.

- Air conditioning costs £7 for 24h massive wow...

- you have table allocation for all meals which means sharing with stranger if only 2 of you- absolutely crazy

- want an iron...? 1 in the whole complex....in a room on the first floor of the main building

The staff treat us like criminals.....think we are going to steal their iron, safe key & share wristbands

Our first 2 nights we had the worse nights sleep in our lives.... the noise...yes the noise was absolutely horrible.. when contacted reception they weren’t bothered......great customer service...

Eventually they moved us day after after our complaint to another building which is a bit better noise wise but dates back to the 70’s

Food very average, not a lot of choice & very repetitive...thank god we have only 2 days left...

If you’ve traveled to 4* hotels before I wouldn’t recommend to book this one.. overall massive disappointment..at best 3*

Don’t really understand how come this hotel is even 4.5 on trip-advisor ...

4  Thank jburne2089
Margarita_Hotel_2018, Manager at smartline Margarita Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Dear guest,

We are sorry to hear that we did not manage to meet your expectations.
However most of your comments like for the safe, the aircon the table allocation, the iron, the wristband etc. are things clearly communicated in our website and in Thomas Cook website and brochures. We are sorry to hear that you were not aware of any of them, but to be honest with you it's impossible to miss them.
We are also very surprised to hear that you didn't like your second room either although you said you were happy with that when we asked you about.
We are also sorry to hear that you were feeling that we treat you like criminals that was certainly not our intention and no we are not afraid that you are going to steal something! However you were refusing to follow our advice to wear the wristband since that is necessary for security reasons, and the security of our guests is priority number one for us.

Yes indeed, our hotel is rated 4.5 in tripadvisor from over 1000 independent reviews.

Kind regards,