All reviews main pool semi private pool small luxury hotels of the world golf buggy infinity pool the hotel manager the general manager junior suite restaurant staff mini bar an upgrade our honeymoon beautiful resort bars and restaurants fresh towels plenty of sunbeds beach front
Reviewed 31 December 2017

Honeymooned here for 12 nights in September 2017.

The rooms were beautiful - we did have an upgrade to a suites with a private pool which was lovely, but i would check this before booking as our private pool didn't really get the sun until very late afternoon.

I used the spa for a body massage, a facial and a manicure. All were excellent - more expensive than what you would generally pay at home, but to be expected on a resort like this.

Breakfast was delicious and there were plenty of options, you could also ask the staff for other things (such as omlettes). The lunch menu is lovely and the meals are quite large so i would recommend a meal between 2 people or just a starter each.
The service from the staff was fantastic at all times, nothing at all was too much trouble.

Only downside was that a large party arrived after around 3 days and virtually took over the main pool and bar area with lots of shouting and screaming and kids - all well and good if you haven't paid for a honeymooners relaxing, quiet hotel. I think the hotel needs to decide what market it's aiming for then people know what to expect. We moved away from the main pool to a quieter area after this, but there's no bar at the quiet pool - a mild inconvenience compared with the noise though.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JohnandMakela
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Hotel has a nice small feel to it with each room clean and simple
Breakfast was very hit and miss , poor buffet selection, and things that should have been hot were lukewarm at best but made to order omelette was very good, although got a little repetitive
Reception team were mixed, seemed to be a case of one expert and a few minions who seemed to have to ask him for advice for any information
Overall hotel is ok as a base to explore the island which is what you have really come for

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank B8245JEmarkn
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed at this wonderful resort for our honeymoon two weeks ago.
The staff was amazingly friendly and the service offered was high class as well.
Upon arrival we got informed by the reception regarding the highlights of the island, what to do and how to get around.
The room was simply amazing: spacious, luminous and super clean.
Finally, the hotel is also well located in the calm and nice town of Kamari beach, one of Santorini's best black sandy beaches. You're just a 2 min. Walk to the beach and a 15 min bus ride to Fira, the capital of the island.
I would definitely take my wife back for our first anniversary next year.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2017

The Kastelli resort is a lovely hotel but in no means a four or five star resort. The rooms and decor were less than average and the Wi-Fi is horrible. The food was average but the waitstaff at the restaurant were fantastic. Upon arrival my husband and I realized that some very IMPORTANT amenities that were advertised ( about five or six ) did not even exist at the hotel. We chose this hotel because of some of these advertised amenities. I approached the hotel manager to ask him why they would falsely advertise their amenities. He did confirm and agree with me that they were online but did nothing at all and blame someone else.
If I were to rate this hotel based on the restaurant hotel staff and surroundings I would give it four stars. Unfortunately hotel management brought my rating down to two stars

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights loved the hotel. The room was clean spacious with magnificent view, the room also came with buffet breakfast which was good. The spa was used by my son and he was impressed. The hotel is in a quiet street close to the beach. At the front desk we met a very professional and a courteous young man who’s girl friend works in the library of the hotel. He is an asset to the hotel very helpful his recommendation on what to do was quite helpful. On the arrival day he took us around to show us the property., he made us feel welcome. There are four swimming pool a tennis court and a fitness room. The hotel does offer a private parking. The hotel shuttle does not drive you around but for 10 Euros it will take you to the airport. Most likely I will come back to this hotel and stay ❤️

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family