3,842 results
All reviews piano bar walk in wardrobe la veranda kids club a la carte restaurants deluxe room pool area half board evening buffet jacuzzi bath poolside restaurant kids pool el faro sea view hotel is beautiful shopping centre welcome drink
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We have just left the Sheraton hotel in Fuerteventura and we had a very nice week. If I can summarize my review, I'd say:

Kids club: our kids had a great time at the kids club, they'd disappear when it opens and come back when they had enough. There is great entertainment for all ages and the staff there is very nice and energetic.

Restaurant: the food is very good, there is a good variety and they cater for all tastes in my opinion.
We also got the feeling that it was understaffed and felt the staff was under pressure at meal times.

Hotel location: I think the hotel is well situated, within a walking distance from the marina, shops, restaurants and small shopping center. Also not too far (by public transport, car) from Puerto Rosario.
It's very windy almost everyday but that's nobody's fault!

Rooms: I left this one last because I had an issue with our room. It was nice and spacious with a lovely terrace. Beds were comfortable too. We had a family room with two joining rooms and that was super for a family of 5.
The only issue was the smell of sewage I got from the bathroom, I've complained a few time, also asked a few night for someone to come in to spray the toilets. My complaint was finally dealt with properly on our last night and we got a new room, I wish I'd asked to speak with a manager from the start, I am sure they'd have sorted us out earlier, as after all I still think the management is customer oriented and are anxious to keep their customers happy.
One more thing, if you like to watch TV at night and look for English channels, there is a poor selection but you will for sure come back up to date on world news!!

1  Thank souhilaa671
SHERATONFUER, Manager at Sheraton Fuerteventura Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Souhila A,

Greetings from Sheraton Fuerteventura, It was a pleasure to have you as our guest Sheraton Fuerteventura.

We greatly appreciate your time extended to share your experiences with us as such information enables us to monitor and improve our quality service standards. We are delighted to know that we were able to meet your expectations and thank you for your kind and generous compliments about the hotel and the breakfast. We have noted your comments with regards to the room issue.

In view of the aforementioned, kindly accept my sincere apologies for these unfortunate shortcomings and inconveniences caused and please be assured that we shall review your feedback personally with the team and initiate the respective corrective steps to avoid similar occurrences in the future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed here as a family of two adults and teenage son. Arrival was great, 10mins transfer, we had a private transfer from the airport.

Hotel check in was smooth with a free glass of fizz and the staff very helpful.
We’d booked a premier suite. Now apparently these rooms are suitable for 4 adults....really ?! There was a super king size bed which was very comfortable however my teenage son who is 5ft 6 had a put me up bed which I don’t find acceptable when the room is supposed sleep 4 adults. Beware.... there is no separate sleeping area. However, the room was spacious (if there had just been 2 of us) a lovely big bathroom with a jacuzzi bath and separate walk in shower and dressing room. The balcony was also very spacious with table and chairs and two beds, unfortunately the wind was so strong we never sat on it...also if you want sun on your balcony this room is facing totally the wrong way, we never at any point in the day had any sun. The room was cleaned thoroughly every day and the cleaning staff always friendly and helpful.

The pool area is nice with 3 pools, 2 of which are heated. The hotel as you would except supply towels, however, on 3 occasions they’d run out and it was at least an hour before they were replenished. Not acceptable. I also found some of the pool staff very rude and unhelpful.
We were bed and breakfast so apart from breakfast which was fine with a good choice of food we only ate in the pool bar once which was very expensive and bland. The staff at breakfast were always very helpful and worked tirelessly, There are some really great restaurants in Caleta De Fuste 10 mins walk away. There’s also a lovely bar by the sea just outside the back of the hotel up the wooden jetty. We had a couple of nights in the hotel bar, one night which was particularly nippy we asked for the patio heaters to be lit only to be told that they’d ran out of gas ! Really in a 5 star hotel !
The staff call you to see if everything is ok which I would expect but we had a really strange call at 0730 one morning to see if we were ok ..bizarre !
This hotel is tired and in need of an upgrade, the carpets are faded, the wood needs varnishing and the bathrooms need re-grouting in places. So for me this hotel is not 5 star, I have stayed in much better 4 stars.
If you want to watch planes coming in you are on the direct flight path 10 mins from the airports, they don’t fly late so won’t disturb your sleep !

Room tip: Ask before you book ..a lot of room don’t get any sun
Date of stay: March 2018
5  Thank DerbyScarlett

Dear DerbyScarlett,

We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Fuerteventura. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.
We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. Your comments have been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver exceptional service to guests like you.

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort and we hope you choose to create more memories with us whenever your travels bring you back to Fuerteventura.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We had a ok stay at this hotel. Room clean & comfortable. The mattress needs replacing as it had indentation on each side of the bed probably for the use of customers. The buffet restaurant was ok not a lot of choice food not really hot just warm. All staff friendly. Don’t think I would stay again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rosemaryr375
SHERATONFUER, Manager at Sheraton Fuerteventura Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear rosemaryr375,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Reasons to stay here :
1. large swimming pool area with several connected pools and a separate kids pool.
2. Access to a public beach across the road.
3. You like big buffets with lots of cured meat & seafood
4. Lots of organized activities

Reasons not to stay here:
1. Mixed service. The staff are superficially nice but not particularly helpful otherwise & sometimes just rude. There is little to no service by the pools. Service at meal times is very slow. They just don’t know how to deal with special requests, in fact we were ‘huffed at’ when we asked for a different table to the one suggested at one of the restaurants as we thought it would suit our family better - Olympia gets a special mention for her rudeness both at the evening restaurant & by the pool restaurant! The reservations system seems inadequate as we saw many people having issues.
2. Not really set up for kids. Yes there is a kids pool & there is a kids club but that’s it. There are very few changing tables & often only in the women’s bathrooms. Terrible & limited kids menus - why do hotels think we would want to feed our children chicken nuggets & chips every day. No children’s dinnerware - The hotel may not care if my child breaks a glass or a plate but I do. It means I spend the whole meal watching them like a hawk & not relaxing. Also when an item breaks it’s dangerous, so saying it’s no problem is pointless. We tried to use the kids club & planned to stay with our children but we were made to feel very unwelcome, there was no where to sit & we were kicked out when they closed as their program meant they were going to the pool. Surely a member of staff could stay & allow supervised children to play. The playground is worn out & needs refurbishing. The steps up to the climbing frame are missing & the flooring has potholes with random extra flooring panels laid on top providing a tripping hazard.
3. Bad food. The rest of the world may be clean eating & embracing veganism but the food here is stuck in the 80s. If you want a burger & you enjoy an ‘international ‘ buffet then fine. But the food is mainly average with limited if any choice for vegetarians - expect to be pointed to the salad bar & vegetable sides. Even the Asian restaurant could only offer me spring rolls as a main, shocking.
4. Being on a flight path. While you are enjoying the quick ride from the airport, don’t forget this means you are close to the airport. Here you are actually on the flight path. At one point we counted direct flights overhead loudly every 7 minutes for over 90mins.
5. Noisy poolside. Lots of the organized activities take place by the pools with loud music. If you enjoy organized ‘fun’ then you’ll be fine otherwise you may find the outdated music & accompanying noise less than relaxing.
6. Poor WiFi. Again related to how dated the hotel is, the WiFi is unreliable and the range is limited. You only get 5 devices per room which for a family of 4 and those of us who have to work while on holiday, is ridiculous. Add to this your device is constantly kicked off the network & you have to log in over & over. There is hardly any connection by the pool.

3  Thank KayTravelsAgain
SHERATONFUER, Manager at Sheraton Fuerteventura Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear KayTravelsAgain,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback with regards to your stay at the Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort.
As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Fuerteventura.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Waiting time at restaurant and level of service is appalling (40 mins waiting time for dessert!!!??? Is just an example), cutlery missing at the table every single time, very few waiters mostly frustrated as they realise people are not served properly but can’t do much, staff not trained to know the spg deals for kids with consequent arguments every single time you order a drink for them.
Structure is nice and has good potential but totally not in sync with the 5 star it has. It would simply take more resources and better management and this place could be great.
Keen to have somebody from the hotel getting in touch if they realky want to improve since I am leaving in 2 days...disappointed!!!
PS: I travel a lit and try many hotels of the same standards so this review is quite educated..

3  Thank Angelo D

Dear Angelo D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

The Deputy General Manager had the pleasure to meet you just now and on behalf of the team we truly apologize for any inconvenience caused to you, your family and friends.

If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.