Hotels.com
Vio.com
Travel730914

Just as bad as everyone is saying below

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Sept 2022
What a shambles, worst customer service. I was staying with a group, and decided to extend my stay to arrive 4 days earlier - big mistake. Arrived at the place early, was able to collect the keys - the only positive of the stay. I booked a room for 3 adults and 2 children - and to carry this booking through our entire stay (so 2 people booked the same configuration) arrived in the room - 1 queen bed and 2 singles, went to reception - apparently I was expected to sleep in the same bed with my husband and one of my children?? (I have never had this issue before), Reception did not care, was advised I would need to pay an additional $35 a night for a pull out bed. I decided I had already paid enough, the payments I had made had already increased $35 a night for this 5th person - for this I got an extra towel !!! The rest of the group arrived, they requested two queen beds, as two couples - they received a 3 bedroom apartment and I got my internet removed - we then relised the reception had the rooms mixed up, the reception decided this was all my fault, though still think they didn't understand through the lack of English, just that they wanted to blame someone ... and they were the ones that handed me the keys!! The room itself wasn't very clean, the floors were dirty, the clock didn't work, the dryer needed replacing, the queen bed was very uncomfortable, the plug for the TV was rusted (dangerous), one of the 5 chairs had broken legs, the outside area was dirty so we didn't use. The customer service was terriable, did not care and were very rude. The day I tried requesting the internet code I went to reception 3 times in the space of 1.5 hours - there was a note on the window saying back in 10 minutes. At the end of our stay I went to hand the keys back, again they could not understand why and that I should be staying longer - I think this may have been when they finally realised they had given me the wrong room, though still decided to blame me for them handing me the keys to the incorrect apartment. I will never stay here again, I feel very sorry for anyone who may own these apartments and this is the management they are receiving.
Date of stay: September 2022
    AU$140
    AU$130
    AU$159
View more hotels in Broadbeach
All reviews garden view bedroom apartment the gold coast these apartments the managers ceiling fan great pool walking distance to everything underground parking complex dryer laundry ocean blinds
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2022

Absolutely horrible customer service. Don’t book here, just don’t. On check in the 3 bedroom configuration was not what was booked and confirmed. Was told, you can’t book a particular room set up. Despite it being on their website, confirming by a phone call and adding it to the booking request notes as advised by their staff. I had to argue and pressure staff who initially didn’t care to try and get any result. I finally got them to agree to a free trundle bed, after they tried twice to make me pay for it and despite the error being theirs. And the check in person having to ring the manager to get approval. Then they never bothered to honour their promise and didn’t bring a trundle bed to the apartment. No one at reception to follow up with when we got back to the room later that day. So one of our party slept on the couch as a result. When I went to discuss what went wrong the next morning, the exact response from the female manager was sorry it will be there today. That was the totality of her response. Care factor was so close to zero, it wasn’t funny. Again had to push to get a time that we could expect to get the trundle, which did finally arrive around 10:30am on the second day. Room itself was actually ok with a decent view of the ocean but it could do with some of the old tired furniture replaced and some general maintenance. Whoever owns this complex should get rid of the current managers as they are given your complex a bad name with travellers with shockingly poor customer service and don’t care attitude. Just not worth taking the risk to book here, no one I know will be.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 29 August 2022

Four friends & I stayed here on the weekend. When booking we rang and enquired about the room configuration. We needed to sleep 5 and that we were after a 3 bedroom apartment where no one had to share a bed. We were told they had a room with a queen & two rooms both with two single beds. They confirmed it was available and we could book online and add it to the notes.

When we went to check in the room configuration was two rooms with queen beds, and one with two singles. We had written confirmation of our request, however there was zero care factor from the staff. They said they only had the one room with this configuration and it was occupied. They initially offered a trundle bed, but wanted us to pay extra for that. Eventually they did provide the trundle free of charge. However they only delivered the trundle at 10:30am the next day (following several follows up with the staff). This meant one of our group had to sleep on the lounge on the first night.

The room itself was ok, just an older building that could do with some maintenance. You do get a great view of the beach. However it's the same view from any number of other apartments on the Gold Coast.

Room tip: Go elsewhere
Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 26 February 2022

Apartment not clean, fridge not working, sink leaking. Paid for 3 nights left after two. Paid $920 for the 3 nights and stayed to attend a family wedding so leaving any earlier than we did was not possible. Manager , when contacted regarding the state of the apartment refused to give a discount, could not fix anything and told me I could “get out and find other accomodation” . When another guest arrived to check in I was offered a discount of $100 or I could leave. As I couldn’t leave given wedding arrangements, we stayed until the next day. Manager was rude, dismissive and only concerned about the % she had to pay to the booking company. On departure a day early I received an apology and a promise of a refund of one night - 2 and half weeks later … not received. No surprise really. Do not stay, do not trust management. I have never been treated with such disregard and blatant lies by an apartment that relies on guests for their business.

Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 1 February 2022

My daughter already staying for a week booked us a three bedroom apartment so we could enjoy two nights with the grandchildren. A day after she booked I got covid. With nearly a week for cancellation she asked the managers to cancel and get a refund or happy to get a credit for when I recovered as we live 20 mins away. They said NO. Our family spend a lot of time coming from Sydney and money with LaGrande and just flushed over $500 away on her parents which didn’t have to be like that with some compassion from the managers. Certainly would hope the apartment wasn’t re rented for the two nights we missed. Do not book with them if you think due to any reasons you may have to cancel a booking.

Date of stay: January 2022
Reviewed 29 January 2022 via mobile

This is our second visit to these apartments, due to covid cutting our trip short last time. Unfortunately this time we were left very disappointed.
The room upon arrival was quite disgusting. The buildings are old and last visit we did feel they needed a good clean. Thinking that during the lockdowns they may have had a chance to clean them up….. apparently not.
The tiled floors were grimy and clearly not mopped.
The bathrooms also looked like they had not even been wiped over, taps grimy too.
And the toilet seat wrapper with a sanitizer sticker is clearly just for decoration with distinguishing wee marks on the under seat .. just ewww!
The last straw was when I went to open the window and I reached through the blinds to scrape my hand along a blind that had clearly not been wiped in forever!!!!!
We did give the reception a call and asked politely for our apartment to be given a once over especially now in these new covid times.
Unfortunately after two phone calls and promised visits, no one ever came.
There was no excuses of under staffing or any apparent reason, just clearly they do not care.
It’s such a shame as the position is perfect, walking distance to everything and undercover secure parking, great pool too.
Unfortunately though basic hygiene is just not a priory here.
We will not return especially as there are so many beautiful newer places here, at competitive prices.

Date of stay: January 2022