“great family resort close to shopping!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BreakFree Diamond Beach

BreakFree Diamond Beach
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
Hobart, Australia
“great family resort close to shopping!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

great spacious rooms, very comfy beds. hotel staff pleasant. i advised after checking in that my kettle didnt work, safe was locked and the shower and bath were constantly dripping. arriving back in the afternoon i had a new kettle in my kitchen and the safe was unlocked. unfortunately the dripping taps were never fixed which is very disappointing considering the stickers in the bathroom asking you to save water. the pool area is wonderful and caters for every age group. loved the spa inside the cave. bbq area is a must use. had free undercover parking and great security. the resort is only a 10 minute walk to broadbeach mall and its a beautiful walk too. down the end of the street is pacific fair. so many shops and restaurants nearby. will definately be staying here again. highly recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Tanya703
RebeccaNoyes, General Manager at BreakFree Diamond Beach, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear Tanya703,

Thank you for your lovely and informative review on your stay with us at BreakFree Diamond Beach.

Thank you for your great comments regarding the layout and inclusions of the resort. With many guests now opting to drive to their holiday destination having free onsite parking is an added bonus to staying with us.

Although I am pleased to read that staff took swift corrective action to the maintenance issues you experienced it is still disappointing that these occurred during your stay and I do apologise for this.

I am so pleased that you will be coming back for another holiday and look forward to welcoming you back to the sunny Gold Coast.

Rebecca Noyes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

I highly recommend this resort, it is beautiful and the customer service is great. This resort is family friendly and is located in a great and central part of Broadbeach. Cannot wait to go again which will be my 4th time there.

There is no restaurant or fitness centre onsite therefore I had to rate that as terrible.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kristine T
Dear Kristine T,

What a great review, thank you! I am so pleased to read of your 3rd stay with us and that it was a great holiday. We certainly strive for all of our guests to leave not only having had a truly wonderful stay but looking forward to their next holiday.

Thank you for the lovely comments regarding the great service you received, I will be sure to share this with my team.

I am so thrilled that you ‘can’t wait’ to return and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Rebecca Noyes

P.S I love your picture taken with the resort pools in the background!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Worst stay ever! Friends we were up there with had major renos in the room above them. Without batting an eyelid they were upgraded to a room with doors that actually work. I get hit in the face by a palm frond by the pool (2yo son right next to me) and get nothing but arrogance lies and deceit! None of our doors worked either, kids jammed open. Mouldy food on cutlery, thick layer of crud on ceiling fans and manky shelves storing the bedding. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Juzzo75
Dear Juzzo75,

It was unfortunate that a palm frond had fallen down onto you whilst poolside. With the expansive tropical layout of our gardens we do have a number of palm trees throughout the resort. To ensure that the area is well presented we have a full time Gardener who tends to these areas. Part of his role is to remove dying palm fronds to alleviate this issue. However as with any tree, leaves and fronds will come down at unwilling times and we once again apologise the unfortunate incident of one of these fronds falling onto you.

I am disappointed to read of your concerns with the support you were provided with after the incident. I can confirm that medical care was offered immediately after the incident and subsequently in the days following which was not taken up on. I also ensured that I and my team were made available for you at all times during your stay and met with you on a number of times after the incident to provide support.

I once again apologise for the disappointment in your stay and the unfortunate incident that occurred.

Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Having read some terrible reviews prior to arriving at the Resort, I will admit to being extremely nervous when opening the front door to our unit. Much to our relief and surprise, Unit 51 (two bedroom, first floor, pool-side) was spacious, spotless, tastefully furnished, and very well equipped. We have just returned home from an 11 night stay, and I miss the leather lounge-suite and the second bathroom already! The grounds are beautifully maintained, the pools idyllic.

The only reason I'm not giving a 5-rating is due to the beds. I know everyone has different preferences, but I did end up with sore hips from the mattress, and had to go out and buy a suitable pillow. But like I said, it gets down to personal preference, and you can't please everyone with bedding/pillows. All in all, we had a very enjoyable stay at the resort, and I would definitely go back again and would not hesitate to recommend to friends and family.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Diane C
Dear Diane C,

Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your holiday experience at BreakFree Diamond Beach.

I am so pleased to read your review and hear that any concerns you had before coming to the resort were quickly squandered when entering your apartment. It is unfortunate that some reviews do not reflect accurately on the great resort we have here at Diamond Beach. We so appreciate when guests such as yourself can share your holiday experience with fellow travellers. I do think that the best reflection of a good holiday is when we hear that guests would recommend to their family and friends, which is wonderful to hear.

Unit 51 is a lovely poolside apartment with great views overlooking our stunning landscaped pools. This unit is beautifully furnished with a lovely holiday vibe throughout.

I apologise if the beds in the unit wasn’t suitable for you but do appreciate your understanding of this.

I am thrilled to read that you will come back and return for what I am sure will be another great holiday with us.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

We requested air-conditioning, but was given a room with no air-con, until jumped up & down. The new air/con room still had the fridge full of food from previous people. Everything is dirty. Asked for fold up bed prior to arrival, took 3 goes on 1st night to get it. Have a list of what things r in each aprtmt, but only half things on there. Not enough glasses to drink out of for whole family. Not enough chairs to sit on outside. Bathrooms are dirty. Artificial plant has been dead for quite some time. Not enough air ventilation in bathrooms. Wish I had read reviews before coming here. Never again. People dnt seem to really care either.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Chiza12
Dear Chiza12,

Your candid feedback is valuable to emphasise where we can do better and I thank you for your honest review.

At Diamond Beach we strive to constantly improve and provide wonderful holiday experiences. I am very disappointed that we seemed to have dropped the ball regarding your stay with us and for this I offer my formal apologies.

There is no excuse for poor cleaning and service and I can provide full assurance that you’re valuable feedback will be shared with my team to ensure that instances such as these are kept to an absolute minimum.

I once again apologise for your disappointing stay and do invite you to contact me directly to Rebecca.noyes@breakfree.com.au so that I can further look into your booking concerns.

Rebecca Noyes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
0.6 km away
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
#6 of 33 in Surfers Paradise
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,111 reviews

Been to BreakFree Diamond Beach? Share your experiences!