We stayed here for 7 nights (28/01-04/02/2012) in a 2bdrm apartment with 2 young kids (ages 4 & 5). After a very early flight, we arrived exhausted at reception around 10am. Reception staff were very friendly & helpful at check in (esp Teigan), however, we had to roam around the mall till 2pm before the room was ready (What a nightmare with 2 tired kids & heavy rain!).
Was so looking forward to bed! Unfortunately, upon entering our apartment, we were very disappointed at the state of the apartment. After reading some reviews, we had emailed requesting for a refurbished apartment, however, the apartment (#83) allocated to us was definitely not. Carpets were stained, worn out and sticky. Bathrooms/showers old, and the beds badly stained. We thought we'll cope, until at night, when we closed the blinds & curtains. These were broken in the bedrooms and badly coated with dust & mold. The whole apartment became pretty dusty and the musky smell was awful. After speaking to Matthew at reception, he was very helpful and offered us another apartment, however, our kids had knocked out and we were all really tired after a 5am flight, so we chose to move the next morning. After a night of sneezing (both myself & the kids),we moved to apartment (102). This apartment was just slightly better, as had same worn out bathrooms, curtains & carpets. We had to vacuum the place twice ourselves to get rid of some dust. The kids & I get hay fever, so the dust just aggravates it more. Not sure if it was dust mites or fleas, but kids kept getting bitten in the apartment, and new bites appear every morning even thought we count the bites & check for mosquitoes every night.
On a positive note, the location is great, so handy to malls and beach. The staff (esp. Teigan, Matthew & Barry) were awesome and very friendly & helpful. Housekeeping could be better, but if the apartments are individually owned, then not much they can do about it if the furnishings & carpets are not updated. The gardens, BBQ & pool areas are beautifully maintained and immaculate! Well done to Barry and the other maintenance gentleman (didn't get to speak to him, but always gave a smile & wave). The kids pool/playground is beautiful and the kids loved it!
Overall, would love to come back next year and give this place another go. Have read other responses from management that the apartments are being refurbished, so hopefully fingers crossed we get what we want then ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated less than 100 metres from the lifesaver patrolled beach and the chic Broadbeach cafe precinct, BreakFree Diamond Beach is family friendly and ideally located. You will be within walking distance of the stunning beach, and the popular restaurants, bars and shopping at central Broadbeach, Pacific Fair and Jupiters Casino. This popular low-rise resort offers one, two and three bedroom apartments nestled amongst tropical landscaped gardens and waterfalls. All apartments are self contained and include fully-equipped kitchens, laundry facilities, ceiling fans, Austar and large balconies, some with direct pool access. Recreation facilities include two swimming pools landscaped with waterfalls, bridges and rock-cave spas. For the kids, there is a heated novelty fun pool, playground and games room. The resort also has BBQ cooking facilities and a kiosk selling all the beachside holiday necessities. Explore the greater Gold Coast during your stay. Tours to famous Gold Coast theme parks and national parks can be booked through the Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BreakFree Diamond Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Diamond Beach Hotel Broadbeach
- Diamond Beach Hotel
- Diamond Beach Broadbeach
- BreakFree Diamond Beach Broadbeach, Gold Coast