Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Hannah C
Sandbach, United Kingdom

Awkward experience

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Mar 2024via mobile
Don’t usually leave reviews but just can’t let this one slide. Expected a Mountain View modern 1 bedroom like the pictures, didn’t get anything like this. There was no Mountain View, given an apartment on the 1st floor with old fashioned furniture and decor. The staff member even confirmed they don’t offer Mountain View rooms. Wasn’t impressed by this, as well as finding there was no toilet paper provided in the room and also open milk left in the fridge, questioning whether the room had actually been cleaned and inspected. Went back to reception to discuss this who did move us to a different room on the 9th floor. It was a 2 bedroom apartment and we were told if we did go in the 2nd room we’d be charged for this. This room was better but still unlike the pictures shown on Agoda. On check out, the staff even made a comment about us being the room movers which was odd and not welcoming. Location was spot on with lots of restaurants within a 2 minute or so walk. If it wasn’t for this, we’d have requested a full refund and moved to alternative accommodation. Ultimately we didn’t get what we paid for with this accommodation. It was completely different to what was shown in the pictures. They blamed the difference in pictures on the fact that we’d booked later. If that’s the case don’t advertise the room with those pictures. You can tell the hotel is old and they’ve obviously refurbished some rooms which they’ve used as the advertisement on Agoda etc. wouldn’t stay again.
Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
0.4 km from Phoenician Resort - Broadbeach
0.2 km from Phoenician Resort - Broadbeach
Beachfront
View more hotels in Broadbeach
1,773 results
All reviews great location the gold coast indoor pool one bedroom apartment reception staff are air con light rail restaurants and shops short walk to the beach walking distance great place to stay apartment was clean great facilities living area family holiday convention casino
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 March 2024

I will be staying at the Phoenician next time I come to the Gold Coast. Why? Because everything, from arriving after hours, to the security that checked me in, to the adorable lady at reception, the location, the amenities, the cleanliness, the room and check out exceeded my expectations.
Loved it.

Room tip: Perfect apartment stay with ultra friendly service and Perfect location.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2024

The resort was amazing and the reception staff more amazing.
The rooms were clean and comfortable.
The views were beautiful.
And the location was perfect as we were attending a conference at the convention centre across the road.
The carparking area was secure and safe.
Thank you everyone for a great experience.
We'll be back.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2024

Loved our stay at the Phoenician, from the friendly and helpful staff to the great swimming pools and spa area, underground carpark, general decor and the convenience of close restaurants, shops and public transport. The apartment we stayed in (Apartment 2805) looked to have been updated with new bathroom, decor and floor. Handy kitchen, and comfy seating inside. The apartment is on the small side, but perfect for 2 people. Only drawbacks for us were - no door separating the toilet/bathroom so had to close off part of the apartment if you wanted privacy. Outdoor setting was not very comfy for older guests or shorties like me, as it is a bar-style setting with high stools and table, so hard to climb up on and sit comfortably. Having said this - we can't wait to visit the Phoenician again, but will request a different apartment.

Date of stay: January 2024
Reviewed 22 January 2024

Overall fabulous. Staff are excellent. Lovely few days escape with family. Great location access to so many travel options and locations with close transport. Will definitely be back to stay at the Phoenician.Enjiyed this stay especially as the room had been modernised. Thank you.

Room tip: I got a parking fine outside hotel checking in as I didn't see meter so be careful. And I was ony a few minutes. Bad start to trip.
Date of stay: December 2023
Reviewed 19 January 2024

We walked into our apartment and it was filthy. Hair, crumbs, dust - it looked like the apartment had not be touched in months.
I called reception to advise and they said housekeeping had gone home so there was nothing they could do, she said I was welcome to get the vacuum from the cupboard to help myself for now. I asked reception to come and have a look. A few minutes later there was knock on the door from someone who said she was a cleaner and that she was here to clean and she was the person that cleaned in the morning. I showed her around and advised that no, I dont want it cleaned now instead I went to reception to ask to be moved. I was crying, and was spoken to like I was being dramatic; there was not an ounce of empathy shown by the receptionist who I was speaking to. She said she couldnt move me to another room as there werent any left; so I said I wanted a refund. She said if you want a refund you have to leave now; so I did. Two young children and my husband, were told to leave immediately if we wanted a refund. We are thankful we found another hotel, but wow. Never again.
I spoke to a lovely couple in the lift who said unfortunately alot of the apartments are independently owned so they aren't always kept to a high standard.

Date of stay: December 2023