Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kat Mac
Brisbane, Australia

Not so Grand… “SORRY”

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
Booked 3 rooms for a family birthday and 9 adults at Harvest Seafood Buffet, add alcohol and gambling… it wasn’t a cheap night out! Approx $3000, maybe a little more all together.
Getting into the car park was the easy part, and then it was grid locked and no one moved for 10-15mins. Parking was additional to each room at $20 per night.
Check in went well and I was offered a special surprise to be delivered to my daughter for her birthday. I shouldn’t have even told her, because it didn’t happen and the only explanation was “Sorry we reached our quota for the week.” Not sure what that means, but pretty appalling to offer someone a free gift and then not deliver!
Harvest Seafood Buffet, although it had a huge variety of food, the quality and taste was disappointing (on a good note, soft drinks were FREE surprisingly).
I can’t fault the room, it was clean, tidy and spacious enough to move around and it was furnished nicely. I just wish it had a spa bath.
They offer 2 outdoor spas, but one was out of action (drained and closed), while the other was so hot you could have boiled an egg. I wish I had a thermometer, as I couldn’t get in it. Being winter the pools were too cold to actually swim, but the square one up near the spas you could at least put your legs in, so it wasn’t a total waste going down there in my swimwear.
All in all, for the price and experience I personally don’t recommend it and won’t stay again. There are by far, much better places to stay and eat at on the Gold Coast, with amenities you can actually enjoy.
Date of stay: June 2024
Room Tip: Check in is at 3pm, but aim to get to the car park at 12pm, otherwise you’ll be stuck in gridlock...
Trip type: Travelled with family
    AU$199
    AU$229
0.7 km from The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast
View more hotels in Broadbeach
All reviews star club terrace suite breakfast included twin room executive lounge turn down service rooms are nice gold coast bed and pillows restaurants and bars late checkout pacific fair school holidays great place to stay fantastic stay casino concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 June 2024

We saw a lot of negative reviews on this hotel, but we loved it. We had a corner balcony room, breakfast included & few other perks (Luxury Escapes). Had a great dinner at Cucina Vivo - make sure you book. The breakfast was amazing so much too choose from. The pool area was great also.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2024 via mobile

We decided to stay at the Star at the Gold Coast mainly as they had a really good package. Got the executive room as it included valet parking and access to the executive lounge. Staff were amazing and very helpful and my husbands assistace dog Hoover won them all over. We went to the Italian restaurant the first night somewhere we had wanted to go for a while and it did not disappoint. The service and food was amazing. Went to the Garden Kitchen the next day for lunch and was just as good. Buffet breakfast was very crowded and quite a selection. Only bad point was the late night room service it was disgusting. Deep fried food served in cardboard boxes. Not good for a 5 star hotel. Would stay again.

Room tip: Definitely get a package.
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2024

Its just not good enough. Its not up to scratch in service, finish quality, customer service, pricing, overall - its been a really bad experince. Go to the Sofitel, or the Meriton, or the caravan park. Its Anzac day today, there are thousands of people in the Casino, but there is a total of FOUR people serving drinks in the entire Casino and the queues are twenty people long! There are two people working the main bar, and two people working the Sports bar . . . . the Atrium Bar, the Lobby bar, and all the other bars are closed! As is the Garden area, Level 19, the pool bar, and the Mini bar. Its an effing joke! there are glass people, security people, gamblers, bogans and losers - everywhere, but ty to find a place to sit down for a quite drink! THERE ARE NONE! We have to walk back to Broadbeach for a palce to enjoy a quiet drink. . . . its just really poor management. Poor management. Poor Management. Poor management. Poor management. Poor management.

1  Thank ross m
Reviewed 1 April 2024

The worst 5 star hotel stay I have ever experienced. We have stayed with the star for many years were are also members, after travelling all day we checked in at 1030pm and paid $234 for one night. After not eating all day we were because we were travelling, we had ordered room service. My wife ordered potato wedges and I had buffalo wings. We fell asleep shortly after and left the television on. At 3am we herd our suite door handle moving and my wife woke up as 3 security were entering our room without our permission because there was a noise complaint. The TV wasn't even on loud. As I woke up as they were at the door I felt violently ill. After the guards left our room I spent most of the day vomiting with food poisoning from the chicken wings as it was the only thing I ate the day before. We filed complaints with the hotels and also filed a 2nd complaint with health and safety representatives but no actions were taken with our issues. If you don't want to get food poisoning or have people access your room unannounced at 3am in the morning while you are asleep I would suggest to find another hotel to stay at staff were terrible and so was the food.

Room tip: Security procedures, Food Health and safety issues, customer service issues.
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank T3371JXsean
Reviewed 26 March 2024

My wife booked tickets in the circle to watch Gladys Knight. The Star Casino decided to move us downstairs to second row from the back & no offer of reduced priced ticket . There were only a couple of staff on duty behind the bars upstairs , so long queues for drinks . The supporting country & western act came on at 7.30 until 8.00. At 8.10 the alarm sounded to return to your seats as the main even was starting . Gladys Knights group came out & waited in the dark . No announcement from the theatre so at 8.45 & no Gladys Knight we got up to leave . The crowd were shouting comments out of frustration to start the show .Her musicians by this time were still in the dark & sat down on the speakers etc . On the way out I asked the young door lady why no Gladys & she replied that she was doing “Meet & Greet “ out the back of stage . She left a full theatre waiting for a tiny group of people . I thought this was extremely rude & was very disappointed with the Star Casino & even more so with Gladys Knight . From great expectations we plummeted to a night we want to forget . They forgot about their customers .

Room tip: We didn’t stay at the hotel , we just visited the theatre . The bars were poorly manned
Date of stay: March 2024