Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sean

Terrible

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Mar 2024
The worst 5 star hotel stay I have ever experienced. We have stayed with the star for many years were are also members, after travelling all day we checked in at 1030pm and paid $234 for one night. After not eating all day we were because we were travelling, we had ordered room service. My wife ordered potato wedges and I had buffalo wings. We fell asleep shortly after and left the television on. At 3am we herd our suite door handle moving and my wife woke up as 3 security were entering our room without our permission because there was a noise complaint. The TV wasn't even on loud. As I woke up as they were at the door I felt violently ill. After the guards left our room I spent most of the day vomiting with food poisoning from the chicken wings as it was the only thing I ate the day before. We filed complaints with the hotels and also filed a 2nd complaint with health and safety representatives but no actions were taken with our issues. If you don't want to get food poisoning or have people access your room unannounced at 3am in the morning while you are asleep I would suggest to find another hotel to stay at staff were terrible and so was the food.
Date of stay: March 2024
Room Tip: Security procedures, Food Health and safety issues, customer service issues.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Outdoor Pool and Spa at the Browns at Broadbeach
0.8 km from The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast
    AU$143
View more hotels in Broadbeach
All reviews star club terrace suite breakfast included twin room executive lounge turn down service rooms are nice gold coast bed and pillows restaurants and bars late checkout pacific fair school holidays great place to stay fantastic stay casino concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 March 2024

My wife booked tickets in the circle to watch Gladys Knight. The Star Casino decided to move us downstairs to second row from the back & no offer of reduced priced ticket . There were only a couple of staff on duty behind the bars upstairs , so long queues for drinks . The supporting country & western act came on at 7.30 until 8.00. At 8.10 the alarm sounded to return to your seats as the main even was starting . Gladys Knights group came out & waited in the dark . No announcement from the theatre so at 8.45 & no Gladys Knight we got up to leave . The crowd were shouting comments out of frustration to start the show .Her musicians by this time were still in the dark & sat down on the speakers etc . On the way out I asked the young door lady why no Gladys & she replied that she was doing “Meet & Greet “ out the back of stage . She left a full theatre waiting for a tiny group of people . I thought this was extremely rude & was very disappointed with the Star Casino & even more so with Gladys Knight . From great expectations we plummeted to a night we want to forget . They forgot about their customers .

Room tip: We didn’t stay at the hotel , we just visited the theatre . The bars were poorly manned
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank John B
Reviewed 21 February 2024

I booked a wheelchair accessible room for my family and were then contacted to be told that the only sort of wheelchair accessible room the hotel had was one that only had 1 bed and could not fit even an additional rollaway bed. When I pointed out that this was discriminating against families with disabled people I was told I could pay another $300 a night for second room that my daughter could sleep in. So the hotel expects families with a disabled parent to leave their children unsupervised in a different room and pay twice as much as everyone else would for a hotel room. I suggested that the hotel should provide a second room for free and that I would sleep in the second room while my wife and daughter shared the disabled room (even though my wife really needs my assistance) but I was told the best they would do is offer a 10% discount on the 2nd room. It's disgraceful.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Marc R
Reviewed 14 February 2024

Comfy rooms. Facilities fantastic except the pool gets packed. Get to breakfast early because you need to line up for a long time. Nowhere in the room to hang swimmers so we had to get inventive. The restaurants were all booked out so need to book in advance.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank iona131
Reviewed 28 January 2024 via mobile

Great stay at the Star - book an Exec room which gives access to the 21st Floor exec bar for drinks and canapés.
Only real downside was the Isoletto pool deck. Should be adults only - a lot of small splashing unsupervised kids which totally kills the vibe. And bar only open till 5pm in summer?

Room tip: Exec rooms get free valet and happy hour in exec lounge.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 96traceyp
Reviewed 13 January 2024 via mobile

Amazing stay, prompt service provided without missing a beat. It has been a while since I felt what true 5 star service should have been, and this is it right here at The Star Grand Gold Coast. From check-in, everything was explained clearly, then the exc lounge access and service was great, breakfast at Harvest was amazing - the wide variety of choices and people at breakfast while service is still upheld to its standard. I’d definitely return to stay for my next GC trip.

Also, worth mentioning, this one gentleman I came across at Nineteen when I had my birthday breakfast, he is so knowledgeable about their company’s portfolio. Clearly explaining to me about their interstate properties and each of their signature restaurants, he offered me a complimentary mimosa, and he is fantastic. Sorry I forgot his name!

Room tip: Book a room with executive lounge access located on 21st floor with beautiful view.
Trip type: Travelled solo