2 people are viewing this hotel
Go to your Happy Price
willi_from_oz
Grand comfort
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Nov 2023via mobile
Very comfortable beds. Very clean. Places to put 2 suitcases off the floor. Friendly staff. Free shopping shuttle to Pacific Fair Shopping Centre with over 400 shops. Excellent buffet in the building under Star Grand. Only request is an extra hook for a bath towel.
Date of stay: November 2023Trip type: Travelled with family
0.8 km from The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast
  • Algotels
    AU$171
View more hotels in Broadbeach
All reviews star club terrace suite breakfast included twin room executive lounge turn down service rooms are nice gold coast bed and pillows restaurants and bars late checkout pacific fair school holidays great place to stay fantastic stay casino concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2023 via mobile

Terrible!! Shockingly bad service. Our room didn’t get serviced for three days despite having the service light on for 80% each day. Requested a service at night after they had missed the secondary to be told there was no one around to service. Room service terrible, >45 minutes wait each time , delivered bottle beers with no bottle opener. Casino restaurant food inedible and expensive. Security gave me attitude for losing something. Minimal staff and long waits at restaurant. Bar staff tried to serve a beer which was 50% froth. I could go on. AVOID!!!

Room tip: Don’t do it. Sofitel looks nice.
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Dave C
Reviewed 25 July 2023

My first time in Gold Coast and I was impressed with the Star’s team members. Sage at the reception was very accommodating and patient with my inquiries. Shane, Dylan and Concierge team did their best to recommend good coffee shops and restaurants for me to visit. All recommendations were worth trying. Coming back hotel with a big smile on my face. Thank you very much Sage, Shane, Dylan for making me feel welcomed and like home.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2023 via mobile

Went for dinner & a show Billy Elliot. The Italian restaurant was busy but the food was expensive & very ordinary. Such a shame.
The Show was quite ok but the auditorium was bloody freezing which made it all quite uncomfortable as it went for a couple of hours.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2023

This rating is purely for housekeeping. The ladies at reception desk and staff who served us at the Harvest and The Garden were fabulous!

I've stayed at The Star Gold Coast many times before and it has never been this bad! The toilet seat had stains when we checked in but because my friend really needed to use the toilet, we just wiped it with our own santising wipes instead of asking house keeping to come and clean it.

We left the room around 10am the next day and switched on the 'please make my room' light. When we got back at 3:40pm, the room was not cleaned. I called house keeping and was told they can come and service the room in 15 minutes. We left the room to go to the pool and when we got back after 1.5 hour, the bed was made and the bins were emptied but nothing else was cleaned or refilled! Towels remained on the shower floor, shampoo conditioner were emptied etc. I complained to reception desk and the lady said she will notify housekeeping to clean the room asap.

Surprise surprise, the room was still not cleaned at 8:30pm! Called reception who sincerely apologised but said housekeeping has finished for the day but can send someone to give us new towels, coffee etc. When the gentlemen arrived, I had to request him to take the towels away as he said he is not the cleaner. When I asked if we can get some new cups, we were gob smacked by the the reply 'We are out of cups'! Seriously? A 5 star hotel is out of cups?

I was told by 4 different people throughout my stay that they will notify the supervisor of housekeeping know about my experience. I hope they will rectify the service/staffing issue asap so other people don't have to expereince the same frustration as I did.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2023

Stayed at this hotel for two nights in a “Superior Deluxe King” room, 12th floor with “views”. The rooms are adequate for the price point. No bathtub. Views are mostly of the other building in the hotel and its industrial machinery.
If you are used to staying at the Star in Sydney or the Crown in Melbourne, the service levels here are a considerable step down. The staff here are probably way too busy to deal with enquirers the same way as other similar hotels in other cities. This place is just full of people - families, tourists, punters. Be ready to queue for eateries and at bars.
We couldn’t get bookings into the Japanese restaurant for either night, despite ringing in the morning. We did get into the Chinese Uncle Su restaurant the 2nd night and it was good, but pricey.
The room didn’t get made up the 2nd day - kind of a let down.
No minibar - everything is on room service order.
Bed was ok for comfort. Aircon is a bit touchy and doesn’t have an auto temp control mode - you have to choose either cool or heat.
Bathroom small and pokey but functional.
Would I stay again? Probably not.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexander B