Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Journey54608875135

Poor stay experience

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Dec 2023
Spacious rooms and bath.
Service not great. We requested for a room in upper floors did not get initially and were asked to check later next day. For 3 days at least twice we contacted the counter each day and every time we were told they will get back as no rooms available. No one got back. We had to argue with them that each day many guests check out so why they cannot allocate and the response was we will have to clean your room again for other guest.
When room was cleaned amminities not topped. To request room service it takes a long wait.
Also in the room there are no free movie channels available. Only few news, kids, sports channel. To watch a movie one has to pay.
This is not 5star hotel service.
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Algotels
    AU$183
View more hotels in Broadbeach
3,356 results
All reviews buffet breakfast mini bar an ocean view room gold coast an upgrade shopping centre surfers paradise car parking across the road pacific fair accor bonjour casino views concierge conference luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 December 2023

I booked a luxury escapes deal to the Sofitel Gold Coast as it seemed like a great deal to a luxury hotel. The pillows were terrible, we asked for better ones the 2nd night and it was a great improvement. Lots of time spent waiting for lifts and then when one arrived it was full. I found it crazy that neither luxury escapes or the Sofitel were prepared to leave our room unused as we could only fly back to Albury on certain dates. A better idea would have been that it was re sold and we were given something else in the place of the 3rd night that we could use. When I spoke to a manager about the lifts I was told that they were full occupancy so to me seemed it like a no brainer to give us something in the place of the 3rd night and re sell the room. This didn't happen though. It was a good stay but not a great one. The staff especially the breakfast staff were terrific. Everything was borderline 3 stars

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2023

Just had a 3 day staycation in one of their luxury ocean view rooms. The location and staff of this hotel are 5 star - unfortunately the hotel is not. It is well overdue for renovation, the plumbing is so old we could not turn the tap off.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2023

Travel by myself on a business trip. Nice location for restaurant, cafe and Broadbeach. Love the vibe. There is onsite parking available. Good swimming pool facility and restaurant. The room I stayed had great view.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2023

Sadly the worst stay at a Sofitel. Hotel is rundown & in poor condition. Although I have Gold status, struggled for an upgrade. Initially overheard manager ask whether was a free night and then said no. Even though we were paying extra for a better room. We were upgraded from level 17 initially to level 7 with a spa. Had to ask for a higher floor, and was put on level 14. Sheets stained. Joey at check in was great; front desk managers can learn a lot from her. I asked for an early check in. Room not ready and was check in was from 3:00. Eventually checked in at 3:30. Asked for a late check out (1pm). Normally 11 and was told, sorry, 12 is the latest. When I called the hotel they said we can use the executive lounge, however it does not have one. We had lunch in the restaurant. The staff were very friendly and the food was good. We have stayed in Sofitels all over the world and this hotel definitely does not live up to the name. Interestingly after a stay an email always comes for feed back. On check out I mentioned I will be giving a review and never received an email. If an Accor member I would suggest staying at one of their other hotels if you are travelling to the Gold Coast.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank azzapensta
Reviewed 22 November 2023

This hotel was very disappointing and ruined my stay & holiday. The purpose of my trip was rest and relaxation in what I thought would be at a five star luxury hotel. This hotel is definitely not up to Sofitel standards and is really of cheap motel standard. It was very tired, run down and in dire need of refurbishment. When we checked into our room it smelled musty. The pillows were very uncomfortable and upon request housekeeping replaced them with equally uncomfortable ones. On day 3 of my stay I awoke to the carpets in my room flooded and items I had on the floor were wet. After heavy rains, engineers worked out that a storm water pipe was cracked and leaking water into my room. I had to pack up and consequently move rooms. I feel this had been an ongoing problem due to the musty smell in the room. Other carpets in the hotel were also wet in passage ways on multiple floors. Ceilings in other parts of the hotel also showed water damage from previous incidents and remained not repaired. On our final evening a letter under the door advised of a scheduled power outage to occur from 12.30am to 1.30am. This occurred around 10pm not as advised. From this time until we checked out the next morning the TV was not operational. In all very disappointing. Not at all Sofitel standard. This hotel is run down and needs some TLC and a refurb.

1  Thank Lucia O