Lowest prices for your stay
AU$309
Algotels
AU$224
azzapensta
Sydney, Australia

NOT WORTHY to be called a Sofitel!!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Nov 2023
Sadly the worst stay at a Sofitel. Hotel is rundown & in poor condition. Although I have Gold status, struggled for an upgrade. Initially overheard manager ask whether was a free night and then said no. Even though we were paying extra for a better room. We were upgraded from level 17 initially to level 7 with a spa. Had to ask for a higher floor, and was put on level 14. Sheets stained. Joey at check in was great; front desk managers can learn a lot from her. I asked for an early check in. Room not ready and was check in was from 3:00. Eventually checked in at 3:30. Asked for a late check out (1pm). Normally 11 and was told, sorry, 12 is the latest. When I called the hotel they said we can use the executive lounge, however it does not have one. We had lunch in the restaurant. The staff were very friendly and the food was good. We have stayed in Sofitels all over the world and this hotel definitely does not live up to the name. Interestingly after a stay an email always comes for feed back. On check out I mentioned I will be giving a review and never received an email. If an Accor member I would suggest staying at one of their other hotels if you are travelling to the Gold Coast.
Trip type: Travelled with family
    AU$143
    AU$159
View more hotels in Broadbeach
3,357 results
All reviews buffet breakfast mini bar an ocean view room gold coast an upgrade shopping centre surfers paradise car parking across the road pacific fair accor bonjour casino views concierge conference luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2023

This hotel was very disappointing and ruined my stay & holiday. The purpose of my trip was rest and relaxation in what I thought would be at a five star luxury hotel. This hotel is definitely not up to Sofitel standards and is really of cheap motel standard. It was very tired, run down and in dire need of refurbishment. When we checked into our room it smelled musty. The pillows were very uncomfortable and upon request housekeeping replaced them with equally uncomfortable ones. On day 3 of my stay I awoke to the carpets in my room flooded and items I had on the floor were wet. After heavy rains, engineers worked out that a storm water pipe was cracked and leaking water into my room. I had to pack up and consequently move rooms. I feel this had been an ongoing problem due to the musty smell in the room. Other carpets in the hotel were also wet in passage ways on multiple floors. Ceilings in other parts of the hotel also showed water damage from previous incidents and remained not repaired. On our final evening a letter under the door advised of a scheduled power outage to occur from 12.30am to 1.30am. This occurred around 10pm not as advised. From this time until we checked out the next morning the TV was not operational. In all very disappointing. Not at all Sofitel standard. This hotel is run down and needs some TLC and a refurb.

1  Thank Lucia O
Reviewed 22 November 2023 via mobile

Late arrival after long international flight, was informed at check in the entire hotel will cut off electricity. It’s so late, no other choice but to stay. We were NOT informed of this when we booked the hotel 12 hours ago.

As I was about to express my concern about the room on the phone with reception, power got cut off. 😡😡 Paid for ocean view but all I see is back of multiple buildings.

I’m typing this in the dark, can’t unpack as can’t see, can’t sleep as there’s NO A/C!

Worst hotel ever!! Do not stay here!

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2023

Be careful of the lifts. They slam shut like Venus fly traps but in my case as i was waiting to enter the lift while the the remaining people exit on ground floor, the lift actually raised and I tripped and went flying into the lift but my hand/wrist stopped my head from colliding into the wall. Unbelievable. I’ve traveled a lot but this is a first. Lying in bed with an ice pack.

Room tip: Be on guard near the lifts. Very disappointing for a 5 star hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Katy N
Reviewed 4 November 2023

The room was very well appointed with plenty of space to spread out and catch up on work. Breakfasts were good and overall the staff were very helful and hospitable.

The hotel is very well located, being close to the beach, Gold Coast Conference and Exhibition Centre, shops and restaurants.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 2 November 2023

Date of stay: October 2023
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.