Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lucia O
Melbourne, Australia

Disappointing

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Nov 2023
This hotel was very disappointing and ruined my stay & holiday. The purpose of my trip was rest and relaxation in what I thought would be at a five star luxury hotel. This hotel is definitely not up to Sofitel standards and is really of cheap motel standard. It was very tired, run down and in dire need of refurbishment. When we checked into our room it smelled musty. The pillows were very uncomfortable and upon request housekeeping replaced them with equally uncomfortable ones. On day 3 of my stay I awoke to the carpets in my room flooded and items I had on the floor were wet. After heavy rains, engineers worked out that a storm water pipe was cracked and leaking water into my room. I had to pack up and consequently move rooms. I feel this had been an ongoing problem due to the musty smell in the room. Other carpets in the hotel were also wet in passage ways on multiple floors. Ceilings in other parts of the hotel also showed water damage from previous incidents and remained not repaired. On our final evening a letter under the door advised of a scheduled power outage to occur from 12.30am to 1.30am. This occurred around 10pm not as advised. From this time until we checked out the next morning the TV was not operational. In all very disappointing. Not at all Sofitel standard. This hotel is run down and needs some TLC and a refurb.
1.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
    AU$123
    AU$143
View more hotels in Broadbeach
3,357 results
All reviews buffet breakfast mini bar an ocean view room gold coast an upgrade shopping centre surfers paradise car parking across the road pacific fair accor bonjour casino views concierge conference luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2023 via mobile

Late arrival after long international flight, was informed at check in the entire hotel will cut off electricity. It’s so late, no other choice but to stay. We were NOT informed of this when we booked the hotel 12 hours ago.

As I was about to express my concern about the room on the phone with reception, power got cut off. 😡😡 Paid for ocean view but all I see is back of multiple buildings.

I’m typing this in the dark, can’t unpack as can’t see, can’t sleep as there’s NO A/C!

Worst hotel ever!! Do not stay here!

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2023

Be careful of the lifts. They slam shut like Venus fly traps but in my case as i was waiting to enter the lift while the the remaining people exit on ground floor, the lift actually raised and I tripped and went flying into the lift but my hand/wrist stopped my head from colliding into the wall. Unbelievable. I’ve traveled a lot but this is a first. Lying in bed with an ice pack.

Room tip: Be on guard near the lifts. Very disappointing for a 5 star hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Katy N
Reviewed 4 November 2023

The room was very well appointed with plenty of space to spread out and catch up on work. Breakfasts were good and overall the staff were very helful and hospitable.

The hotel is very well located, being close to the beach, Gold Coast Conference and Exhibition Centre, shops and restaurants.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 2 November 2023

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Reviewed 25 October 2023

Great location, service and rooms were excellent - over 20 people stayed in our group and enjoyed the stay. Breakfast was great and staff member EKO provided outstanding service. Other staff were also great. We will be back.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com