Lowest prices for your stay
AU$291
Priceline
AU$291
Go to your Happy Price
ZenHotels.com
AU$230
Rakehoe
Bendigo, Australia
Brand loyalty would take me back
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Oct 2023
I liked the room and the hotel ambience but there were too many things that irked me for this to be a five star rating.

There is no priority check in which is a pain with only one/two reception staff.
An expected early check in didn’t happen either as the room hadn’t been serviced. This seemed to be a theme throughout our stay as cleaning often didn’t happen until late afternoon / early evening which is frustrating.

The bathroom was tired, with dirty grout and broken tiles in and around the shower area and the water pressure into the sink was woeful.

I did love the lights above the bathroom mirror – in front of you not behind as too often happens but only limited bench space.

The hotel is in great location being so close to beach and numerous very good restaurants and trams. I didn’t rate either the bar nor the taphouse as drinking venues. The member comp drinks are a nice idea in theory but the options are too often second rate. The cost to the venue of a nice beer verses an average one is not enough to be as “grinchy” as they feel!

I appreciated the VIP greeting of half a dozen strawberries but it's a fairly tame gesture when Woolies were selling a punnet for $2.20

It’s a very competitive market in Broadbeach and I suspect that only brand loyalty would take me back.
  • Tripadvisor
    AU$319
0.2 km from Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach
View more hotels in Broadbeach
3,356 results
All reviews buffet breakfast mini bar an ocean view room gold coast an upgrade shopping centre surfers paradise car parking across the road pacific fair accor bonjour casino views concierge conference luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2023 via mobile

For the price per night and the fact that is a premium brand (Sofitel) this property is in need of a refurbishment. I stayed here over 10 years ago when it was another chain and the bathroom is still the same.
The fragrance they pump thru every part of the hotel including hallways to bedrooms is over powering and completely unnecessary. It comes into the bedrooms and all you can smell is the fragrance.
Our check in attendant was wooden - could barely smile.
The rest of the staff altho were very friendly.
We only stayed one night - but to be honest I couldn’t have stayed another.
This could be a great hotel if they invested in bringing up to a ‘Sofitel’ standard.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brendon R
Reviewed 8 October 2023 via mobile

Very average hotel. Beds extremely uncomfortable. Room smelt musty. Bathroom needed a deep clean. Not even close to five star. Very disappointed with the stay. On check out the receptionist asked how the stay was. I told him about beds and bathroom. He said ‘thanks for your feedback’. A real let down.

Room tip: Stay elsewhere if you want five star
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Karla H
Reviewed 8 October 2023

Dear Hotel GM,

I’m not going to bother writing about how your property is old and tired and in desperate need of a refurbishment!

Let’s save that for another day.

What I am going to review is the worst customer experience ever!!

I have been trying to get my credit card refunded, after your front of house team charged our corporate travel company for my nights accommodation, as well as my personal credit card.

Call 1 - 25th of Sept - your staff, very sorry for having double charged both me and my company for the night’s accommodation! We will credit straight away sir.

27th Sept - Call 2 - Very sorry sir , we were not sure which card to credit, as there was a corporate travel card and another card on the booking. (What a joke, I confirmed the card twice on the first call)

Confirmed credit card again with reception , and was told I would be credited immediately.

2 WEEKS LATER STILl NO CREDIT!!!

So GM , here is what’s going to happen if no one contacts me today to sort this out!

Monday 8th of October:
No1- I will dispute the credit card charge with my bank!

No-2 I will file a complaint with American Express Travel, re being double charged by your hotel !

No-3 I will also inform our travel manager in the US , of Accor practices on double charging customers , and ignoring their requests for refunds !!!

So up to you now to get in touch !
But considering how bad the service has been this far, And most of the time bad management breeds a bad team culture , I’m not holding my breath that you will be any better !!!

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank gasjar
Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, Guest Services / Front Office at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2023

Dear gasjar

Many thanks for your review. I read your comments with great concern and I can assure you we do take any feedback about guest experience seriously . We have clearly fallen short of our standards in handling this issue and I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel on 07 5592 2250 and ask for Fraser Ross directly or email me at fraser.ross@sofitel.com to advise me of best contact details for me to call you directly .

Sincerely

Fraser

Fraser Ross

Reviewed 5 October 2023

Stayed here with two rooms (used suite upgrade to get a suite plus a superior twin for the three kids). We were on 20th floor and the suite was huge with large living area and a spa. The rooms were excellent, slightly dated but still clean and conmfortable with decent amenities and nice tasty treats to recongise the ALL platinum membership. We had a great stay and enjoyed the breakfasts and the pool. Loved the QR codes to order drinks and food at the pool.

All staff were professional and friendly. Slight issues during our stay were glitches with the IT system which would not let us watch the movie we wanted. Also the fact that the bar/restaurant on ground floor was not open for our first two nights. Also noted that concierge was not as helpful as when we first stayed 9 years ago. Back then they were helpful and had discount packages and deals for the theme parks. This time the advice was to book onjline and get shuttles with ConXion.

But overall an amazing stay, great location and great views!
We would definitely stay here again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ozcookie1
Reviewed 2 October 2023

Good location,room was ok,needs update,pool needs to be heated,we had 150 credit to spend,could not use on room service,order Mr steak was well done.had late check out 12pm,was locked out of rm at 10 am?? ,was ok experience,would go elsewhere next time...

Date of stay: September 2023