Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
vicki g
toowoomba

Oasis at Sofitel Broadbeach

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Jan 2020
Great Location! Great Luxury! Great Service! If you want to be spoilt and need a relaxing place to chill out on the Gold Coast this is the place to holiday! Beach shops and service at your fingertips!
Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    AU$179
0.4 km from Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach
View more hotels in Broadbeach
3,357 results
All reviews buffet breakfast mini bar an ocean view room gold coast an upgrade shopping centre surfers paradise car parking across the road pacific fair accor bonjour casino views concierge conference luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2020 via mobile

Very small rooms. You have to queue half and hour for breakfast! It’s one of the hotels where you have to be up at 7am to put your towel on your seat by the pool. Big industrial hotel with limited staff on at the busiest time of year. Won’t be back.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ChantelleF125
Daniela S, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2020

Bonjour Chantelle,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We wish to express our sincerest apologies that your stay with us did not meet expectations, nor was it an example of a Sofitel stay experience.

Your valued comments were passed onto the relevant departments and we are pleased to say that these have been the driving force for a detailed review of breakfast and poolside procedures.

Once again we are sorry that your time with us was not satisfactory and if we have the opportunity to welcome you back we will ensure to create a better experience for you and your family.

Warm regards,
Simone, Guest Experience
Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach

Reviewed 1 January 2020 via mobile

We had a great stay at the Broadbeach Sofitel hotel. Upon arrival we were greeted by a welcoming lady. Easy checkin, good parking underneath and comfortable room. The area has a lot to offer too with restaurants just around the corner including a woolworths. Recommend kurruwa surf club for stunning views and good ambiance.

The room was spacious and the bed super comfortable. Soft cushions and good TV set . We also enjoyed the pool and hot tub.

Only let down was that our radio alarm went off at 2:30 am with no easy means of disabling this! Next time I’ll be sure to check this setting before I go to sleep! All in all a great stay with great friendly staff!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dekruijff
Reviewed 1 January 2020

We stayed here for 3 nights just after Christmas for a short beach break. This hotel is old, however it has been fully renovated. The standard rooms are 37 sm which is slightly larger then most hotel rooms these days. The bathroom was big and whilst the balcony was small it was large enough to have a drink and enjoy the sunset or to eat a meal (for two people only). The staff were friendly and the room service was quick and tasty, although expensive for the serving size. The buffet breakfast was just okay in our experience and didn't represent value for money and personally I would not pay for breakfast next time as you can walk outside the hotel and find loads of cafe's offering $10 breakfast. The main criticism is reversed for the pool area, the lower pool is meant to be heated, however it was cold and the service around the pool was terrible, there was dirty towels laying around and newspapers, empty food and drink containers and paper towels flying into the pool in the wind. There was one young staff member sitting on his iPhone inside and you had to go in to order a drink and then when he delivered it he wouldn't take away the previous persons dirty drink cup. They also could have made more money off the guests if they had a staff member constantly walking around asking if you wanted another drink or a snack and at a minimum they should have been keeping the area clean. It was such a turn off that we never returned to the pool again.

Reviewed 31 December 2019

I have stayed at the Sofitel Broadbeach for two nights in December 2019. The rate was good compared to other Sofitels around the globe and compared to other properties at Gold Coast. Check-in was friendly and smooth, received a room on the upper floors with sea view as booked. The room and view was nice, big balcony. But the bathroom is quite out dated with shower water hot or warm to be turned on separately. However, I expected it considering the rate I paid. It was clean and this is usually more important for me.

What disturbed me more was the service during breakfast. It literally took the waiters 10 minutes or more to serve a simple black coffee or any other specialty. All you need to wake up in the morning is a coffee, isn't it? If this happens once it's ok, I wouldn't even mentioned it here but the staff is not enough to serve coffee to the tables. Every time during the two mornings I was there, it took min. 7 minutes to get a coffee, so I always ordered already a new one when one was served to my table. They probably want to make really nice coffee and therefore do not use machines for the guests to take coffee from by themselves but I feel it would be better to have the machine maybe in addition.

I had asked for a late-check-out FOC but was allowed only one hour longer which is OK. I stored my luggage with the concierge. When I came to collect it I mentioned to the concierge that I will take only the small hand luggage with me now as I want to go to take shower and change at the gym (as the reception has advised me to do) and will leave my main luggage with the concierge. He agreed. And I started a long journey. Not only that two of the lifts were not working that afternoon but once I reached to the shower facilities the door was locked and you need a room card to enter to this area. I was very frustrated. Didn't I mention to the concierge my plans to take shower at the gym and shouldn't he have advised me that I will need a room key (a dummy probably) to enter? I had no other option to go back to concierge and someone then accompanied me again to the gym to open the facilities (which again took time due to not all lifts working). Unfortunately this was the last impression I had of the hotel which is an important one. So because of the time to get coffee and the concierge experience I can only rate this hotel with 3 stars.

Location is beautiful, just 5min walk to the beach and plenty of restaurants around!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank lucillestern
Reviewed 31 December 2019

As usual.. all staff are so helpful.. nothing is ever a problem and all ALL staff seem to be so well trained.. we had a great stay, staff all great and everyone courteous - nothing is ever a problem..Thank you.

• Trip type: Travelled with family