Lowest prices for your stay
AU$291
Sofitel
AU$291
ZenHotels.com
AU$226
3,356 results
All reviews buffet breakfast mini bar an ocean view room gold coast an upgrade shopping centre surfers paradise car parking across the road pacific fair accor bonjour casino views concierge conference luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 December 2019

I have stayed at the Sofitel Broadbeach for two nights in December 2019. The rate was good compared to other Sofitels around the globe and compared to other properties at Gold Coast. Check-in was friendly and smooth, received a room on the upper floors with sea view as booked. The room and view was nice, big balcony. But the bathroom is quite out dated with shower water hot or warm to be turned on separately. However, I expected it considering the rate I paid. It was clean and this is usually more important for me.

What disturbed me more was the service during breakfast. It literally took the waiters 10 minutes or more to serve a simple black coffee or any other specialty. All you need to wake up in the morning is a coffee, isn't it? If this happens once it's ok, I wouldn't even mentioned it here but the staff is not enough to serve coffee to the tables. Every time during the two mornings I was there, it took min. 7 minutes to get a coffee, so I always ordered already a new one when one was served to my table. They probably want to make really nice coffee and therefore do not use machines for the guests to take coffee from by themselves but I feel it would be better to have the machine maybe in addition.

I had asked for a late-check-out FOC but was allowed only one hour longer which is OK. I stored my luggage with the concierge. When I came to collect it I mentioned to the concierge that I will take only the small hand luggage with me now as I want to go to take shower and change at the gym (as the reception has advised me to do) and will leave my main luggage with the concierge. He agreed. And I started a long journey. Not only that two of the lifts were not working that afternoon but once I reached to the shower facilities the door was locked and you need a room card to enter to this area. I was very frustrated. Didn't I mention to the concierge my plans to take shower at the gym and shouldn't he have advised me that I will need a room key (a dummy probably) to enter? I had no other option to go back to concierge and someone then accompanied me again to the gym to open the facilities (which again took time due to not all lifts working). Unfortunately this was the last impression I had of the hotel which is an important one. So because of the time to get coffee and the concierge experience I can only rate this hotel with 3 stars.

Location is beautiful, just 5min walk to the beach and plenty of restaurants around!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank lucillestern
Reviewed 31 December 2019

As usual.. all staff are so helpful.. nothing is ever a problem and all ALL staff seem to be so well trained.. we had a great stay, staff all great and everyone courteous - nothing is ever a problem..Thank you.

Reviewed 30 December 2019

I had the pleasure to stay at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach during my recent visit to the Gold Coast. Both my wife and I were extremely satisfied with the service levels across all departments at the hotel.
A special thank you note to Nico, at the Front Desk, who welcomed us with a genuine smile and promptly got us a room despite the early check-in time - he also tried, with great subtly to upgrade us to a superior room category. Hat's off for managing the art of upselling with great class! Never imposing. Fantastic!
The housekeeping and the F&B staff were always extremely courteous and always keen to help.
The location of the property is simply fantastic too. Broadbeach offers a huge variety of great F&B offerings, beach, shopping all at walking distance.

Reviewed 27 December 2019

Stayed here quite a bit, it’s a good hotel in a very convenient area. However it doesn’t really match Sofitel standards - still no executive lounge and the hotel probably needs a refresh soon.
However staff are great, breakfast really good. Lack of food service around the pool.
Always a strange smell in the rooms (always noticed this about this hotel. Not sure if it’s the carpet smell.

1  Thank InkosiAU
Reviewed 22 December 2019

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.