“Overnight stay”

Browns at Broadbeach
Browns at Broadbeach
Reviewed 21 June 2016

What a great spot for a great price Had a king spa room which was large and spacious and very clean. Small kitchenette with microwave and frypan and all requirements. Somewhere to sit or prepare a meal and eat. Bed was very comfy with all linen and towels supplied and bathroom had a small spa bath as well as a shower. Heating and airconditioner in room. Older building but unit was lovely and clean and inside was newer than outer age. Balcony sitting area with table and chairs. Helpful friendly owner or receptionist we arrived in bad weather with an upset baby and she was happy to let us in a bit early to help. Great for overnight stop but if your looking for value in a convienient position would be good for a longer stay with pac fair bus stop light rail and casino across the road not far away. Was too cold for swimming but was a nice pool and spa for warmer weather with a bbq. I'd Definatley stay again bargain for the price.

Room Tip: Upstairs or downstairs available Lots of different types of rooms to suit everyone choose what suits...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 June 2016

We stayed here for one night, the light of the 'Browns at Broadbeach' sign was not working and we arrived just on dark, it was very hard to find without the sign working. The room was on the first floor and there was no light up to the first floor to help see our way up and down the stairs. The room was very basic but it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was no hairdryer provided or milk for tea and coffee. The room was advertised with a spa bath but it was half the size of a normal bath! If you are looking for just a comfy bed, clean room and good shower but nothing flash then this will be fine.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2016

Ideally suited for visits to Pacific Fair and Jupiters' as it is only a short walk away or a $10 taxi fare. However the rooms are quite spacious but there is a lot of wasted space.The kitchenette comprises a microwave and an electric frying pan but adequate for a short stay. The bathroom is small and there is nowhere in the shower to keep soap and shampoos etc. apart from on the floor. The lounge area is tiled which can be treacherous in inclement weather. The television is on the wall in the bedroom area which can cause a problem if one of the occupants wishes to watch the television while his/her partner wishes to go to sleep.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

I had a good experience. I've read some very negative reviews and wanted to share my thoughts. When I departed, I accidentally left some clothes hanging in the wardrobe. I phoned a day later and they very kindly posted them to me. We stayed in Room 9. It had a new bathroom, and a good kitchenette. Our toaster didn't work and was replaced immediately with a brand new toaster. Yes, it's not four star and is an older style motel but our room was very clean and extremely spacious. Two bedrooms. It was under a ten minute walk from the heart of Broadbeach. It was during The Blues Festival and parking was difficult. When we checked out Sunday morning the management were very obliging in allowing us to leave our cars parked there until we finished at the festival. We spent most of our time at the festival and the room worked well for us.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2016

I will start with the positives first. I found something in this motel that I did not find anywhere else to date, a fast usable wifi. Yes you have to pay for it, but I have paid for wifi elsewhere only to end up with just a wifi connection that you can use to barely browse with. And around 40aud for 10gb is a pretty decent price considering the speed you get.

However I do wish they would buy some new mops. Every room service would leave my bathroom stinking. The room could have been a little bigger, but not too bad either. I am just not comfortable using a quilt without a cover, its just common sense hygiene. And the light in the room was just too dim, hardly permitting any reading.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank drtashique
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
3.6 km away
1.2 km away
Aruba Beach Resort
Aruba Beach Resort
#21 of 51 in Broadbeach

Been to Browns at Broadbeach? Share your experiences!