All reviewsovernight stopbudget accommodationthe gold coastpacific fairspa bathacross the roadroom was largeswimming poolblues festivaleasy walkgood sizeafter hourssurfers paradiseair conditioninglight railmicrowavecasino
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

I had a good experience. I've read some very negative reviews and wanted to share my thoughts. When I departed, I accidentally left some clothes hanging in the wardrobe. I phoned a day later and they very kindly posted them to me. We stayed in Room 9. It had a new bathroom, and a good kitchenette. Our toaster didn't work and was replaced immediately with a brand new toaster. Yes, it's not four star and is an older style motel but our room was very clean and extremely spacious. Two bedrooms. It was under a ten minute walk from the heart of Broadbeach. It was during The Blues Festival and parking was difficult. When we checked out Sunday morning the management were very obliging in allowing us to leave our cars parked there until we finished at the festival. We spent most of our time at the festival and the room worked well for us.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2016

I will start with the positives first. I found something in this motel that I did not find anywhere else to date, a fast usable wifi. Yes you have to pay for it, but I have paid for wifi elsewhere only to end up with just a wifi connection that you can use to barely browse with. And around 40aud for 10gb is a pretty decent price considering the speed you get.

However I do wish they would buy some new mops. Every room service would leave my bathroom stinking. The room could have been a little bigger, but not too bad either. I am just not comfortable using a quilt without a cover, its just common sense hygiene. And the light in the room was just too dim, hardly permitting any reading.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank drtashique
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

3rd time staying its close to everywhere the room was massive for 2adults n 2 children quiet very clean nothing to complain about great motel we will be back thats for sure
Close to pac fair, Jupiter's, the beach, sizzler, putt putt golf

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Bigmamma86
Reviewed 8 November 2015

I wouldn't stay here again, not for business nor with my partner, family/ friends and definitely not on my own. Negatives outweigh the positives tenfold, the outside lighting is the worst, we arrived at dusk and it was hard to unpack our car in the dark, no light outside our room, a dead COCKROACH greeted us on our arrival - that was nice, and then there were a whole bunch of rowdy teens swearing and yelling at eachother til 2 in the morning and from 7am, they even broke a chair and bottle and biffed them off the balcony! The kettle has seen better days, as well as the air con unit that hardly cooled you down even if you stood directly infront of it, there was also a terribly stained coffee mug in the cupboard that should be replaced and then the fans..! whilst the one in the living area worked well it was too loud to keep on, the one in the bedroom was 10x worse noise wise but did nothing! The tv had little reception too. Also, if the neighbouring unit turned their tap on, the noise in the wall was horrendous - so loud it woke us all up!!!! Pro's?? ............... there really aren't any to be honest, being on the ground floor not having to walk up stairs? Having somewhere to sit inside and having a table outside? I don't know. This place needs a complete overhall. We paid $150 for a Friday night for 4 people. Overpriced for the experience we had, stayed in room 3.

Room Tip: Avoid room 3
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2015

While the location was good, the condition of the room was horrible, there was mould and water damage every where, fire alarm was ripped out, there a fuse box or something VERY easily accessible on the wall, the dining table was unusable it was that wobbly, the bathroom ceiling was so low I could touch it and I'm barely 5'5" (in fact its so low I don't think its legal) and the other 'guests' (though I'm pretty sure they were living there) were horrible, two ladies were dying there hair on the balcony, they were loud and fighting, and they had beer cans and bottle everywhere.
And when we tried to leave and get our money back the most they would give us back was $45, we payed $200.
In summery I did not feel comfortable staying there AT ALL and ended up crashing in my relatives hotel room down the road.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. Its horrible.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family