Lock in great prices from these sites
John F

Poor communication and concern.

Review of Qube Broadbeach
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Mar 2024
Terrible experience had a power outage for nearly 2 days and management didn't care. would not communicate with me and would not reply to phone calls or emails.
Staff were terrible. avoid this place. Paid in full for an apartment with no aircon, no lights, no power to charge phones etc, no refrigeration.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Qube Team, General Manager at Qube Broadbeach, responded to this review
Responded 8 Apr 2024
Whilst I empathise with your complaint, I must bring it to your attention that I was actually onsite for the whole duration of the electricity outage.
The electricity was out from 7.49pm on Thursday 29th February to 12.24pm on Friday 1st March. That equates to 18 hours, contrary to the two day period mentioned in your complaint.
I would like to highlight our proactive response to the situation. We made every effort to mitigate the inconvenience for our guests by providing access to our “Owners Lounge”, which was equipped with power sources for anyone in need on Friday morning. Our reception staff and myself were more than happy to accommodate any needs during this time.

I must express that despite the unforeseen nature of the incident, our team worked diligently to restore electricity as swiftly as possible.
I do not recall seeing you or receiving any communication with you during your stay, therefore, if there were any specific concerns or requests we could have addressed them for you at the time.

Please rest assured that your comfort and satisfaction are of our upmost importance to us, and we strive to provide the best possible experience for all of our guests.

As you were fully aware, I was dealing with a sudden death in my family, hence taking a little time to get back to you.
Thank you for your patience and empathy.
AU$346
    AU$143
    AU$121
    AU$143
View more hotels in Broadbeach
All reviews table tennis sushi train large ensuite after hours the gold coast pacific fair easy checkin great location fabulous place to stay we booked a bedroom apartment tram stop across the road star casino main bedroom apartment hotel own bathroom light rail
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2024

I booked a 4 night stay in Feb on their website as it offered lower rates instead of booking.com. Unfortunately the site didn’t give me confirmation of the booking and was redirected elsewhere, I assumed it wasn’t booked and checked my email etc with no confirmation so rebooked online, the second time giving me confirmation. I then recieved a notification on my bank statement that the accomodation was double booked with 2 x payments taken. I instantly notified QUBE about the situation and asked for a refund on the booking as it was clear it was a system error. Qube didn’t offer me any reimbursement and not even a credit. They said they’d try and resell one of the apartments but with no luck. I was shocked at how other poor this situation was and that under the circumstances with plenty of time notified prior to our stay, they could not help me.
I am taking it further as it just isn’t acceptable.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Qube Team, General Manager at Qube Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2024

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review our service.
Regrettably, despite our efforts to promote the accommodation, it appears that the timing of your request dates did not coincide with the period of heightened demand or peak season. Consequently, we were unable to secure a booking for the apartment.
I must note that our terms and conditions are prominently displayed on our website and across various booking agents. These terms outline the parameters in which reservations can be made and modified.
Please rest assured that we tried every avenue to fulfill your request to the best of our ability.

Reviewed 17 February 2024

We stayed at Qube Broadbeach for 4 nights from 11th to 15th of Feb to celebrate our 52nd wedding anniversary .Qube looked interesting on Tripadvisor reviews, so this is how it went We booked direct and got a great deal. Check in was around 2pm Sunday and our room was still being cleaned so we had to wait but after hours check in was easy and pleasant and went very smoothly, car parking is on level 2 or 3 and easy to sort out so far so good, up to our room on the 33rd floor WOW ,WE ASKED FOR A HIGH FLOOR AND GOT IT .Fantastic views from every room we could see all over Broadbeach and the ocean couldn't have got a better outcome, the unit was very clean and had everything. The pool area is great, heaps of sun lounges /chairs and nice areas to sit around, the spa is big and clean and very hot/but nice. The lifts are very fast even thou only 3 for the building but we never had to wait long.it wasn't a busy time so when its busy it could be longer .The location of Qube is perfect you don't need a car/you can walk to all the places shopping center's /casino/beaches restaurants /conv center plus tram stops outside the front door so good... All in All, a great place to stay, no issues at all. Hopefully we will return for a longer stay and get the same views. Thank You Qube Broadbeach for an enjoyable stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for a fabulous run down of your stay with us Cherryle!!
We are so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are thrilled that we could accommodate all of your needs and requests, enhancing your holiday :)
I agree.... our facilities, views and location is second to none. Showcasing what Broadbeach has to offer.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!!

Reviewed 9 January 2024

We really enjoyed our stay. Apartment was clean, view was amazing. Only let downs were the kitchen amenities, nothing is provided. I would have really liked just some salt and pepper.
Also the pool, the shade comes over at 2pm and the area becomes really cold. We spent the mornings at the beach or doing activities and would come back for an afternoon swim which was always cut short because of the shade.
Apart from that we really enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Qube Team, General Manager at Qube Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2024

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Brittney.
Thank you for your feedback, we value all guests input. Unfortunately we are unable to make any changes regarding the pool, but will discuss salt & pepper in apartments.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again :)

Reviewed 8 January 2024 via mobile

“Manageress” has zero people skills to be the face of the business. She must have a stake in the building because nobody in the right mind would keep someone like her on. She was rude and condescending (even though her opening words to me were “I don’t mean to sound rude or condescending….”). I asked for a partial refund as I could not stay there in that disgusting room with a smelly broken dishwasher that despite 3 requests to have it repaired, was never looked at. It was xmas season and the room could have been rebooked to someone easily. It was a hard no with a walk off. I actually ended up staying at another hotel and left the room unoccupied most of the stay and handed back the keys on the checkout date. A real manager would have checked in on us. I did see her being nice to some other patrons but my observations were that if you were of any other ethnicity other than anglo, she had no time for you. Lucky my husband is a doctor and we could afford this hiccup on our holiday. Sadly, most people are not so fortunate and would have had to cut their holiday short.

Date of stay: December 2023
1  Thank anastasiak23374
Qube Team, General Manager at Qube Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2024

Dear Anastasia,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate that you perceived things didn’t go according to plan and I am always disappointed when anyone’s holiday is not an enjoyable experience as, if you review the vast majority of our reviews are extremely positive. Currently our review is classed as “Excellent” and we are ranked 1st in Broadbeach in our category. This positive ranking also is demonstrated on other review sites (such as travel agent sites).
However, we understand that with the best of resorts, things can go wrong. However, in your situation, I do feel that the comments are unfair and not accurate. As well as providing an appropriate response to yourself, I also wish to be transparent for others reviewing Qube.

Your reservation was made around 6th December for a stay commencing 24th December which, as you can imagine, provides little opportunity to honour many specific requests for clients as we are heavily booked for Christmas. You did request a low floor as you were afraid of heights. As such, we offered you the lowest level for the room type reserved which was situated on level 9 and is the lowest in the entire building for the 3 Bedroom Standard.

On arrival, it became clear that you were upset about the height of the apartment within the building and became so upset. Even though reception had closed, I did visit your apartment after hours as I recall your husband was preparing dinner and he appeared a little surprised at the reaction in this event.
I met you in the lobby after hours on Christmas Eve to comfort you, I did ask if you knew the building was a 40 storey building when making your reservation and as such, you answered yes and that you had stayed at an older resort in Broadbeach previously but had seen Qube and liked the look of it.

Although you mentioned a “smelly dishwasher”, please note the servicing all of our apartments are inspected by a supervisor before they are released for new guests and nothing was identified as a problem by the supervisor nor is there any record of any comments or notices made from yourself or your party advising of such an issue. Certainly if there was an issue, we would have attended to the matter as a priority. Our housekeeping team also did not mention any such issue when cleaning the apartment after your departure.

We do note you did ask for a refund however, as is very clear in our terms which you had to check that you accepted when booking, and the fact we had provided exactly what was requested (and with no knowledge of the dishwasher claim), it is not possible to refund at such a busy period. Despite claiming it was the Christmas season, sadly most guests do not leave booking their Christmas holiday to the day they want to start specifically because it is so busy. Therefore selling it easily unfortunately , is not the case. All of our apartments are owned by individual investors (as the vast majority of apartment resorts on the Gold Coast) and as such, we have a legal obligation to enforce the policies agreed to with owners.

In light of the above, it appears that the only issues with the apartment were the level the unit was situated on (which was exactly as advised at the time of booking) and the dishwasher, which was not reported. Even if it was, I am sure you would agree that a reasonable solution to that is to fix the dishwasher as opposed to a sizeable refund.

Your claims about walking off are simply not correct and to levy that this was a racist issue is frankly, a little confusing in its own right. The majority of guests at Qube are Australian and New Zealand and this point has never been raised until now. I can only assume this is an incorrect assumption due to not being provided a refund. But the fact I sat consoling you for providing the very room you had accepted on booking, after hours, I trust displays that there was no rudeness at play.

Reviewed 15 December 2023

Absolutely loved our stay. Our apartment was perfect. It had everything you need, I especially loved there was comfortable seating for all 4 of us. Super clean and so well kept. The whole complex is very well kept. I highly recommend staying here and look forward to staying again.

Room tip: The reception is only open from 8:30-5pm but you can contact them by phone.
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your fabulous rating Gregory :)
We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us at Qube Resort and that we were able to accommodate your party comfortably.
We take great pride in what we offer and are so pleased to receive such a lovely review :)