Trip.com
Vio.com
StayForLong
All reviews pacific fair bars restaurants pool spa washing machine and dryer the gold coast self contained great place to stay casino apartment singles gc
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 January 2019 via mobile

Had stayed at an Aruba before and I just assumed this one was part of the same chain..... Oh how wrong I was!

Apparently this is a 4 star resort?
I would struggle to rate it as 3 star!
$200 per night for 5 nights was absolutely ridiculous!
Only worth $150 max in my opinion.

We checked in very late and here’s a list of things I noticed on my first night/morning.

Bedroom.
Ceiling fan was so noisy and wobbly I was scared to turn it on/off, walls are filthy with black marks etc.

Bathroom.
Shower head was mouldy, tiles were filthy, roof vent had 1/2” of filth on it, washing machine next to toilet is rusted and unsightly, shower door had to removed and refitted after wife got stuck in the shower on the 3rd night.

Lounge room.
Stained mattress on couch, paint stains on blanket, children’s pajama pants and filth from previous guests under the couch when folding it out, dining table has rusted steel frame and sharp edges on legs.

Kitchen.
Fridge top filthy, fridge missing shelves, rusty looking tongs, only 3 cups/plates/bowls for 4 guests, sink splash back peeling off, cork screw had a broken bottle opener and we couldn’t open our beer!!!

I requested that the ceiling fan to be repaired ASAP but only got a temporary pedestal fan for the week.
Plates etc we’re eventually replaced, but too little too late.

I was going request a room change but I figured if this is the room standard here, the rest would probably be the same?
I decided to spend as little time during the day here as possible.
Sticker at reception states that bedding is professionally sanitised.... no, definitely not recently.
Even the welcome bell at reception is rusted!
WILL NOT STAY AGAIN OR RECOMMEND TO ANYONE... EVER!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Global11564875519
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Enjoyed our holiday,however air con & fan wasn't working we had to move to another apartment,which was good of
them,staff were friendly & helpful,but bed and sofa really below average, apart from that t was a nice clean place,with a great location.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank busy282018
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

The positive was the walking distance to all that Broadbeach has to offer. My only issue was that I needed to sleep on sofa bed due to my elderly mother having the bedroom. The sofa bed mattress was extremely old and uncomfortable and you could feel the springs digging into you. I asked at reception for a topper pad after the first night but they were not able to find one as they said they were filling in for the usual managers who were on holiday. Thank goodness I have my daughters living on the GC so I borrowed a single foam mattress that I slept on, on the floor for the remaining 6 nights. I did advise of this at reception and thought they may have offered to refund me the extra fee for linen seeing as the sofa bed was unsleepable. I think the manager thought I was exaggerating. Anyway if you need to use a sofa bed then avoid unit 21.
Shelley
Auckland

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ShelleyD714
Barbara K, Owner at Aruba Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your Review - we are sorry that you encountered a problem with the sofa bed and that our Relief Managers could not find you an egg shell to put on top of the mattress, it is a shame that they had not contacted us and we could have advised them where we had one- we very rarely get a complaint about the sofa beds and the one in Unit 21 has one of the best mechanism as it is a by-fold.
Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance in the future and we will ensure we look after you.
Kind regards
Barbara & Bruce Keane - Aruba Sands Resort

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This place was absolutely horrible, one of the worst places I've seated, even compared to backpacker accommodation. Reception is only open until 5pm weekdays, there was a blood smear on the bathroom door, the bedroom light didn't work and the street is very dark and feels dodgy at night. There were cars coming and going at a suspicious rate. I actually placed furniture under each door before going to bed. My instinct was right, I actually had 2 people try to break into my apartment at about 1am and 2am. I was absolutely scared out of my wits. The place is old and unclean. I would not recommend this place to anyone. It is also located directly next to the local police station, which to me is not a good thing. Although I did google and save their direct number into my phone after the first attempted break in.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Carryn
BUBBLES57Queensland, Owner at Aruba Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Hi Carryn we acknowledge receipt of your Review and are absolutely amazed by your comments when you booked you knew that you were staying in "Self contained apartments" not Serviced where Reception is open 24/7 with room service. We survive mainly on repeat guests as they find the place "very quiet, clean and a wonderful location as there is "no traffic noise at all" - we are in a side street away from highways etc. We have in fact played our security cameras back for the times you stated that someone was trying to get into your apartment and there was no coming or going from your stairwell at that time so unsure where you are coming from. We offered to shift you to a higher up apartment (off the ground floor) and you declined to take up the offer as you wanted to go and stay with some friends at the Casino. As for the maintenance issue with the light - yes it was blown and was easily enough to be fixed when we were made aware of it, so this really was not an issue - you could have called our Night service and they would have contacted us to advise. The issue with "blood" on the bathroom door - we are sorry but we could not see anything on the door. On the basis of our findings one can only assume why people have to write these types of reviews
Aruba Sands Resort

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Another wonderful stay at Aruba Sands . Great location very quiet for a good nights sleep . Close to everything all within walking distance . Apartments are very well equiped . Great pool and spa .. Lovely hosts Barb and Bruce . Great value for money
Highly recommend . We look forward to returning again

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your Review we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and everything was in order. We are very lucky as we survive mainly on Repeat guests like yourselves and it gives us great pleasure to see you all return. We totally agree the location is just wonderful and everything is at our backdoor. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance in the future.
Kind Regards