Trip.com
Vio.com
All reviews no lift great location one bedroom apartment pacific fair the gold coast washing machine and dryer secure parking stay there again tram station spa casino channels australia
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2022 via mobile

Where to start!!! >:(
staff: rude, so rude!!!
Room: dirty, much to be desired.
So much to say!!
Ironing board but no iron (go figure!) no kettle but coffee sachet proved (go figure x 2!)
ONE TOWEL supplied For 4 people… wtf.
Kitchen sink broken, carpets dirty, didn’t supply sheets for a cot because they “had to supply a cot from another source” and sheets were my responsibility apparently!!!
Pros were the pool, was nice and a good temp, clean too (surprisingly!) . Spa was so hot, like, scolding hot though.
This place is just waiting for a developer to buy and knock down. Hopefully the staff are stood down too. Never staying again. Mainly due to the staff being so unaccommodating to what was lacking.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Lucky Liu, General Manager at Aruba Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2023

First of all , The verbal abuse such as WTF is not acceptable. Zero tolerance to your violent attitude towards all our staffs.
Aruba Surf is not a full-service hotel but a short-term rental holiday apartment
Sorry, we are unable to supply unlimited amenities but small charges apply.

However if you would report us after you checked in we would change it straight away to provide the best stay for every single guest.
All the units are fully furnished, such as washing machine, dishwasher, dryer, and air conditioner, Sofa Bed etc.
We did replace some sofabeds of some units recently also replace brand new carpet. Also We do have 5 Superior Apartment which is refurbished with brand new furniture , Viny timber floor and modern living vibe.
We are located in the centre of the Broadbeach, beside the beach, and all restaurants, shopping centres, like the premium shopping destination Pacific Fair where just crossed road, but we are nice and quiet and closed to everything.
We are having Free wifi and Foxtel, Heated Spa as 38 hot spring degree as we check daily , Swimming pool and BBQ areas for infrastructure here.

Aruba Surf Resort Management

Reviewed 27 October 2022

Figured Aruba Surf maybe OK for the price like most budget hotels on Gold Coast in that area. There is a difference between 'budget' and plain 'cheap':

Light switches = broken.
Surfaces = dirty.
Tea bags, coffee sachets, sugar sachets = 20c each for god's sake!
Rubbish bins = insufficient and not emptied.
Towels = only refreshed every 4 days if requested.
Walls = handprints on them.
Floors = dead bugs and dust.
Spa at Pool = cold.
Tile / Concrete walkways = cracked and dangerous for elderly or use of a pram.
Elevators = don't exist.
Service = bare minimum.

It is basically run down apartments used for low budget rentals until the place is bulldozed by a developer sometime in the next 10 years.

Date of stay: October 2022
Lucky Liu, General Manager at Aruba Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2023

Hello Guest

We are apologized about any rundown idea of Aruba Surf Resort as you mentioned , Aruba Surf is high demanding Holiday Apartment from 1997, all the units are fully furnished , so we cannot deny there is few old furniture but “fully functional “

Kind Regards
Aruba Surf Resort Management

Reviewed 27 September 2022 via mobile

Horrific apt looked like a drug den, impossible to allow my parents to stay here. They rang me upset after check in. There were filthy marks on the wall like blood streaks, furniture and carpet was all stained and bathroom glass broken. It also smelt possibly because of the very old and stained carpet. Upon contacting reception she said it was fine and the image in the booking photo was actually for their only deluxe apt and that was already occupied. She did not offer a refund and said she could t because it was up to Expedia and then screamed and raged at me and came outside the reception and pushed me. I reported it to the police. She rang and spoke to someone in Chinese for a long time so I’m not sure what happened but this is possibly the worst accomodation I’ve seen in Australia.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Guests

We are apologized for any problems. And thanks for your good comments about our location where we are in the centre of Broadbeach and 200m walk to Broadbeach Park and premium shopping destination, Pacific Fair, Casino and all transports.

Regarding the cleaning issues, if you would report us immediately after your check-in, we definitely target all problems or relocate to the other room till you are satisfied.

Aruba Surf Resort was over 25 years business and was built in 1997,all the units are fully furniture d, so there are some aged stuffs there due to any renovation after owners consents. However we have always been working for all ongoing issues if you would like to report to us during your stay.

We hope you would like to give us opportunity to approve our improvement for your next stay or 10-15% discount for expressing the apology for this time.

Kind Regards

Aruba Surf Management

Reviewed 20 September 2022 via mobile

Disappointed in cleanliness need updated need to check that dishwasher is left without dirty dishes oven disgusting 😕 some staff very helpful.The outside area really nice and clean pool nice BBQ area very tidy

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lucky Liu, General Manager at Aruba Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2022

Hello Guests
Thanks for your comments and I will more focus on the dishes now

Reviewed 15 September 2022

A horrible experience.

I booked and paid in full through the Agoda website.

Upon checking in, I was not greeted, but simply told to provide my credit card. A $300 bond was taken (advertised as $200 on website.)

Later that afternoon I notice the resort has since charged an extra $243 to my card without any contact or permission.

When I went to question the receptionist she told me they had not received payment from Agoda yet, and so had to charge my card for the stay. I attempted to show her that I had paid Agoda through bank transactions and receipts. I did not believe I should pay twice for my stay.

She would not listen, and told me to leave the office as it was almost closing time. I wanted an explanation as to why I had to pay double for my room. I also wanted a refund. She ended up screaming abuse at me and also mocking my personal financial situation. Very rude, discriminatory and straight out illegal conversation which I recorded the entirety of with her full knowledge.

The receptionist then called the police, as it was 10 minutes past closing time and I was annoying her.

She then told me that she will not be refunding my $300 bond either, simply out of spite, as I have caused trouble and used a swear word in my dialogue. A dialogue which is completely recorded.

Absolutely unbelievable. I went to my room before police had even arrived, and I have spent the evening lodging a serious complaint with both Agoda, and with the Office of Fair Trading & ACCC.

With these many horrible reviews it is a suprise the place has not been shut down.

This place is run by criminals with the emotional maturity of 6 year olds.

Do not stay here!!!

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank amberhO3552YZ

Hello Amber
Everything here we did for the check-in is always compulsory!! If you don't understand please cancel your booking.
Your details we have reported to the Queensland Police as your violent behaviors and words when you presented to our staffs