Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
ResortInd
Gold Coast, Australia
Do Not Stay Here
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Oct 2022
Figured Aruba Surf maybe OK for the price like most budget hotels on Gold Coast in that area. There is a difference between 'budget' and plain 'cheap':

Light switches = broken.
Surfaces = dirty.
Tea bags, coffee sachets, sugar sachets = 20c each for god's sake!
Rubbish bins = insufficient and not emptied.
Towels = only refreshed every 4 days if requested.
Walls = handprints on them.
Floors = dead bugs and dust.
Spa at Pool = cold.
Tile / Concrete walkways = cracked and dangerous for elderly or use of a pram.
Elevators = don't exist.
Service = bare minimum.

It is basically run down apartments used for low budget rentals until the place is bulldozed by a developer sometime in the next 10 years.
Date of stay: October 2022
    AU$280
    AU$384
0.5 km from Aruba Surf Resort
View more hotels in Broadbeach
All reviews no lift great location one bedroom apartment pacific fair the gold coast washing machine and dryer secure parking stay there again tram station spa casino channels australia
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 September 2022 via mobile

Horrific apt looked like a drug den, impossible to allow my parents to stay here. They rang me upset after check in. There were filthy marks on the wall like blood streaks, furniture and carpet was all stained and bathroom glass broken. It also smelt possibly because of the very old and stained carpet. Upon contacting reception she said it was fine and the image in the booking photo was actually for their only deluxe apt and that was already occupied. She did not offer a refund and said she could t because it was up to Expedia and then screamed and raged at me and came outside the reception and pushed me. I reported it to the police. She rang and spoke to someone in Chinese for a long time so I’m not sure what happened but this is possibly the worst accomodation I’ve seen in Australia.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lucky Liu, General Manager at Aruba Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2023

Hello Guests

We are apologized for any problems. And thanks for your good comments about our location where we are in the centre of Broadbeach and 200m walk to Broadbeach Park and premium shopping destination, Pacific Fair, Casino and all transports.

Regarding the cleaning issues, if you would report us immediately after your check-in, we definitely target all problems or relocate to the other room till you are satisfied.

Aruba Surf Resort was over 25 years business and was built in 1997,all the units are fully furniture d, so there are some aged stuffs there due to any renovation after owners consents. However we have always been working for all ongoing issues if you would like to report to us during your stay.

We hope you would like to give us opportunity to approve our improvement for your next stay or 10-15% discount for expressing the apology for this time.

Kind Regards

Aruba Surf Management

Reviewed 20 September 2022 via mobile

Disappointed in cleanliness need updated need to check that dishwasher is left without dirty dishes oven disgusting 😕 some staff very helpful.The outside area really nice and clean pool nice BBQ area very tidy

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lucky Liu, General Manager at Aruba Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2022

Hello Guests
Thanks for your comments and I will more focus on the dishes now

Reviewed 15 September 2022

A horrible experience.

I booked and paid in full through the Agoda website.

Upon checking in, I was not greeted, but simply told to provide my credit card. A $300 bond was taken (advertised as $200 on website.)

Later that afternoon I notice the resort has since charged an extra $243 to my card without any contact or permission.

When I went to question the receptionist she told me they had not received payment from Agoda yet, and so had to charge my card for the stay. I attempted to show her that I had paid Agoda through bank transactions and receipts. I did not believe I should pay twice for my stay.

She would not listen, and told me to leave the office as it was almost closing time. I wanted an explanation as to why I had to pay double for my room. I also wanted a refund. She ended up screaming abuse at me and also mocking my personal financial situation. Very rude, discriminatory and straight out illegal conversation which I recorded the entirety of with her full knowledge.

The receptionist then called the police, as it was 10 minutes past closing time and I was annoying her.

She then told me that she will not be refunding my $300 bond either, simply out of spite, as I have caused trouble and used a swear word in my dialogue. A dialogue which is completely recorded.

Absolutely unbelievable. I went to my room before police had even arrived, and I have spent the evening lodging a serious complaint with both Agoda, and with the Office of Fair Trading & ACCC.

With these many horrible reviews it is a suprise the place has not been shut down.

This place is run by criminals with the emotional maturity of 6 year olds.

Do not stay here!!!

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank amberhO3552YZ

Hello Amber
Everything here we did for the check-in is always compulsory!! If you don't understand please cancel your booking.
Your details we have reported to the Queensland Police as your violent behaviors and words when you presented to our staffs

Reviewed 6 July 2022

Location is the only positive. There’s no hot water in the morning, bugs & cockroaches in kitchen & bathroom. No bath mat or hand towel. Curtains were dirty and mouldy. Dirty worn carpets. You can’t get into the property to check in, the gate is locked. A big sign at the gate says to call on the phone but there’s no phone so have to call on your phone and wait to be let in. They kept $300 security deposit for 7 days, didn’t advise during check in, I was told when I called and queried why it was still showing on the credit card after we arrived home. The place is a dump - I wouldn’t recommend it to my worst enemy.

Date of stay: June 2022

Dear guest :

We did Not take the security bond $300 out of your bank account as explained to every single customer, which is only a pending and frozen transaction.

Aruba Surf Resort is over 30 years of business, all the units are fully furnished, such as washing machine, dishwasher, dryer, and air conditioner, etc. Therefore, we have to make sure there is nil any damage or nil any issues during guests' stay even for one night.

Kind Regards
Aruba Surf Management

Reviewed 26 March 2022

Disgustingly dirty, old and damaged carpet. The room wasn't cleaned properly before me, needs renovating urgently. Overpriced for quality. No elevators and no staff assistance for helping with luggage. I have a disability and find it hard to pull luggage up stairs. No soap. No washing machine. A day before one of the staff called me up and yelled at me that I have to check out even though he got the reservation wrong and it was the next day no apology just hung up in my ear. Didn't bother swimming probably not clean either. Avoid avoid avoid.

Date of stay: March 2022
2  Thank Yunrhino
Lucky Liu, General Manager at Aruba Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2022

Good Day Guest

We are sorry to hear about that issues We have apologized about any problems. Aruba Surf Resort is a high demanding hotel with over 25 years of business and was built in 1997, all the units are fully furnished, so we cannot deny there is little aged furniture. However, we have been well maintained since 1997 and tried to provide the best experience for every guest.
When you made a booking online, you should know Studio room has no washing machine and our resort has no lift due to low-level old fashion style holiday apartment as all clearly online info on our website and Booking agent.

Our studio room on a higher level only, you did not book or request low level one bed room unit.
Aruba surf is Holiday apartment not Hotel , we do not have 24H staff assistance and porter service.

You are welcome to pick up soup,body wash and any supplement from our reception
If check in room is dirty please provide photos and evidence, As you did not mention when you check-in . We are happy to re-send the housekeeper to re-service your room until you happy. However you did not report during your stay.

Our staff called you to double-check your check out date as our booking system error. Sorry for the inconvenience
The pool is not clean perfectly due to continued rain and QLD storm disaster . We were try our best to maintain the facility but we can't contromother naturere.

Thanks and welcome back to stay in our Superior brand new Unit as we are happy to give you 10% discount to show our apology.

Aruba Surf