Priceline
Amber H
Avoid Avoid!!
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Sept 2022
A horrible experience.

I booked and paid in full through the Agoda website.

Upon checking in, I was not greeted, but simply told to provide my credit card. A $300 bond was taken (advertised as $200 on website.)

Later that afternoon I notice the resort has since charged an extra $243 to my card without any contact or permission.

When I went to question the receptionist she told me they had not received payment from Agoda yet, and so had to charge my card for the stay. I attempted to show her that I had paid Agoda through bank transactions and receipts. I did not believe I should pay twice for my stay.

She would not listen, and told me to leave the office as it was almost closing time. I wanted an explanation as to why I had to pay double for my room. I also wanted a refund. She ended up screaming abuse at me and also mocking my personal financial situation. Very rude, discriminatory and straight out illegal conversation which I recorded the entirety of with her full knowledge.

The receptionist then called the police, as it was 10 minutes past closing time and I was annoying her.

She then told me that she will not be refunding my $300 bond either, simply out of spite, as I have caused trouble and used a swear word in my dialogue. A dialogue which is completely recorded.

Absolutely unbelievable. I went to my room before police had even arrived, and I have spent the evening lodging a serious complaint with both Agoda, and with the Office of Fair Trading & ACCC.

With these many horrible reviews it is a suprise the place has not been shut down.

This place is run by criminals with the emotional maturity of 6 year olds.

Do not stay here!!!
  • Sofitel
    AU$291
Beachfront
View more hotels in Broadbeach
All reviews no lift great location one bedroom apartment pacific fair the gold coast washing machine and dryer secure parking stay there again tram station spa casino channels australia
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 July 2022

Location is the only positive. There’s no hot water in the morning, bugs & cockroaches in kitchen & bathroom. No bath mat or hand towel. Curtains were dirty and mouldy. Dirty worn carpets. You can’t get into the property to check in, the gate is locked. A big sign at the gate says to call on the phone but there’s no phone so have to call on your phone and wait to be let in. They kept $300 security deposit for 7 days, didn’t advise during check in, I was told when I called and queried why it was still showing on the credit card after we arrived home. The place is a dump - I wouldn’t recommend it to my worst enemy.

Date of stay: June 2022
Lucky Liu, General Manager at Aruba Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2023

Dear guest :

We did Not take the security bond $300 out of your bank account as explained to every single customer, which is only a pending and frozen transaction.

Aruba Surf Resort is over 30 years of business, all the units are fully furnished, such as washing machine, dishwasher, dryer, and air conditioner, etc. Therefore, we have to make sure there is nil any damage or nil any issues during guests' stay even for one night.

Kind Regards
Aruba Surf Management

Reviewed 26 March 2022

Disgustingly dirty, old and damaged carpet. The room wasn't cleaned properly before me, needs renovating urgently. Overpriced for quality. No elevators and no staff assistance for helping with luggage. I have a disability and find it hard to pull luggage up stairs. No soap. No washing machine. A day before one of the staff called me up and yelled at me that I have to check out even though he got the reservation wrong and it was the next day no apology just hung up in my ear. Didn't bother swimming probably not clean either. Avoid avoid avoid.

Date of stay: March 2022
2  Thank Yunrhino
Lucky Liu, General Manager at Aruba Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2022

Good Day Guest

We are sorry to hear about that issues We have apologized about any problems. Aruba Surf Resort is a high demanding hotel with over 25 years of business and was built in 1997, all the units are fully furnished, so we cannot deny there is little aged furniture. However, we have been well maintained since 1997 and tried to provide the best experience for every guest.
When you made a booking online, you should know Studio room has no washing machine and our resort has no lift due to low-level old fashion style holiday apartment as all clearly online info on our website and Booking agent.

Our studio room on a higher level only, you did not book or request low level one bed room unit.
Aruba surf is Holiday apartment not Hotel , we do not have 24H staff assistance and porter service.

You are welcome to pick up soup,body wash and any supplement from our reception
If check in room is dirty please provide photos and evidence, As you did not mention when you check-in . We are happy to re-send the housekeeper to re-service your room until you happy. However you did not report during your stay.

Our staff called you to double-check your check out date as our booking system error. Sorry for the inconvenience
The pool is not clean perfectly due to continued rain and QLD storm disaster . We were try our best to maintain the facility but we can't contromother naturere.

Thanks and welcome back to stay in our Superior brand new Unit as we are happy to give you 10% discount to show our apology.

Aruba Surf

Reviewed 19 March 2022

With a one bedroom apartment on the 3rd floor we found it excellent value. All you need for self catering is there, a decent sized fridge, the TV had Foxtel and a lot of sport channels and standard movie channels and shows. The windows were double glazed which kept the noise out from nearby building works. Look forward to staying on our next visit to the Gold Coast again.

Date of stay: March 2022
1  Thank nigsandmary
Lucky Liu, General Manager at Aruba Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2022

Thanks for your honest review, Welcome back anytime
Aruba Surf Management Team

Reviewed 27 February 2022

Stayed here for a week with my family in January 2021 and,the room smelled mouldy when we arrived and was not clean, the pool was dirty and full of leaves and did not get cleaned the whole time we were there, there was a communal bathroom at the pool that had a homeless person living in it and taking drugs , when we told the office about it they were rude and said there's not much they can do about it, multiple things were broken in the room including shower screen, you could not close it so water went everywhere, then when we left they charged us a 100 cleaning fee for extra cleaning, we left it neat and tidy and better than when we arrived, when questioning this they said they would send us photo evidence, after constantly calling they eventually said the cleaner forgot to take photos. Still have not got my money back. The worst accomadation I have ever stayed at! Avoid!!!

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Lucky Liu, General Manager at Aruba Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2022

Hello Johne
You are DISHONEST and Dirty guests as you booked for 2 adults but there were all the time more than 4 people with kids when the cleaner attending to do housekeeping!

Aruba Surf Resort is high demanding hotel with over 28 years business and was built in 1997, all the units are fully furnished, so we cannot deny there is few aged furniture. However we have been well maintained since 1997 and tried to provide the best experience for every guests.

Refers to the homeless people, Aruba Surf has installed the front garage door to stop all troubled people attending to our visitor parking.

Aruba Surf Resort is located at the centre of the Broadbeach and beside the police station and is a fully secured apartment.

The swimming pool is always serviced every day and your kids more than 4 were playing there if the pool was fully leaves. So this is NOT TRUE!

As the welcome letter was handed to you, we informed you about all house rules and cleaning requests, but after your check out, the room was very mass.

If the room was not cleaned well enough why not you come to reception to make a complaint, instead, you stayed with all your kids for 7 nights

So please be aware of your untruth and bad comments, you have already been listed as BED GUESTS! And will NOT be appreciated as our return guests.

Aruba Surf Management

Reviewed 12 December 2021 via mobile

We came for a week ended up staying for 8wks, sad to leave, everyone here was so helpful & the room was very comfy, the complex was always kept so neat & tidy. will definitely be back. See you soon.
Brett

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks for your lovely comment
Welcome back anytime