ZenHotels.com
Trip.com
StayForLong
All reviews no lift great location one bedroom apartment pacific fair the gold coast washing machine and dryer secure parking stay there again tram station spa casino channels australia
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 January 2020

These people are complete Scum Bags!!!!

Two weeks before our holiday, they called to say that they were cancelling our room as the owner of the room passed away.

They told us that if we didn’t pay an extra $540 our room would be cancelled.

I was extremely upset and stressed out as it was peak season and everywhere was booked out.

We felt completely obligated and had no choice but to pay the extra $540 as our flights were already booked and we wouldn’t have anywhere to stay!

We met a lovely couple by the pool who told us that they had had a similar experience.

Aruba surf resort also tried to cancel their booking 2 weeks before their holiday.

As they knew their rights their room wasn’t cancelled.

The couple advised me to contact Watif to try and get the $540 back as someone passing away really wasn’t our problem. As the booking was made through watif it’s there responsibility to find us another room for the same price and not charge us extra!

Aruba Surf resort told watif that we wanted to upgrade our room and that’s why we paid the extra $540.

This couldn’t be more further from the truth!!!!
They threatened to cancel our room if we didn't pay the extra $540.

The room was NOT an upgrade!!!!

The couple we met had the exact same room and paid $1200 yet we paid $2100!!!!!!

How is it possible that we paid an extra $900 more for the same amount of nights (8 nights) and the exact same room!!!!!

The room was an absolute disgrace and was not worth $268.50 a night!

The stove was disgusting, the microwave wasn’t clean, the walls were filthy, shower door didn’t close properly, rip in the couch, curtains had stains on them, blood above the door, one roll of toilet paper, no washing up Liquid, didn’t provide clean towels daily or change sheets!

Extremely disappointed and will tell everyone I know not to stay here!!!!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronpatmac
TessBen, Manager at Aruba Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2020

You lied to everyone, we have started the legal process with your details.

Reviewed 4 January 2020

Thought the price was too good to be true! Nice and central but very run down, and dirty unit. Unit had marks over walls, dirty carpet, dirty dustpan in cupboard, kitchen very run down and random utensils, broken hairdryer which could have cut fingers off if used (cover missing over fan!), toaster melted and very dirty, holes in wall and all over a very unclean feel to it. Could do with some maintenance, a splash of paint and a bloody good clean.
Room was also on 3rd story, with no lifts. Hard with a toddler and pram.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
TessBen, Manager at Aruba Surf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2020

Hi CushSunshineCoast,

Thanks for your comment, we will definitely address all the cleaning issues you have mentioned. It could've been much better to inform us the issues when you stayed in our apartment. So we could've provided the re-clean and better service for you to avoid the inconvenience.

We will report the issues regarding to the maintenance and outdated facilities to our handyman and owner.

Kind Regards,

Aruba Surf Resort Management

Reviewed 3 January 2020 via mobile

I’m writing this so others are aware.

The manager of Aruba called me about 3 weeks before my holiday. So still within “free cancellation”(for me)

She began to tell me a story about the owner wanting to stay and that THEY had to cancel our booking. I was so upset and worried and voiced that as we paid for our flight and already paid for the hotel. How can they just cancel. The manager had absolutely no remorse, just kept repeating “we have to cancel”.

So here I’m thinking that’s it. But then she said “so please can you cancel your booking”

EXCUSE ME! So you tried to trick me into cancelling MY booking because you know very well if YOU cancel YOU will be up for penalties. But if I cancelled it’s a free ride.

I put her in her place and told her the rules. She was extremely taken back that I even knew the rules.
I called Agoda straight away to advise them of what they tried to do. Agoda called them to remind them of the rules.

So that was the first issue
2nd
I booked through Agoda, they should know that communication needs to be via phone.
When we arrived to the hotel no one was here, we couldn’t get in and no one was answering the phones.
Turns out we never received the instructions with the pin code to the box with our key. Lucky another customer helped.

Aruba’s reason - we didn’t have your email! YOU CALLED ME TO TRY TRICK ME TO CANCEL!!!!! Why didn’t you call me to get my email!!!

I’m not sure if they tried to cancel me because I did book in March so the rate was cheaper... it literally doubled in December... but that’s not my fault! Or the owner did actually want to stay.. either way not my issue. You tried to ruin my holiday for your own selfish benefits.

We also met another couple that had experienced similar. Except the hotel threatened to cancel their booking if they didn’t pay an extra $500 - the management SHOULD be going directly through the booking agent, but they know they wouldn’t get away with it!!!
- I’ve told this couple to dispute it with the booking company.

Other then this, the apartment was ok, clean and great location. Bed was VERY uncomfortable.

Please be aware of Aruba’s management. They are extremely dishonest, as above. They also try to play the “I don’t understand English” excuses.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank ashleanicole

Hello Ashlea,

'Scammers be careful - warning to others' you made is serious and true?

The outcome was that you enjoyed your stay by your writing 'the apartment was ok, clean and great location.'

We tried to provide the best service for you with cheaper price and better accommodation by all of evidences such as e-mail and your feedback.

Why did you slander on website about us and we have no option but to disclose to our lawyer to investigate.

Could you please provide legal evidence to support all story you made in writing to us ASAP?

We will definitely catch you if you do not reply us in the next 48 hours.

Aruba Surf Resort Management

Reviewed 22 November 2019

Just spent 8 nights here,and absolutely loved it.The staff were great,and the location is perfect.Your so close to everything,but still out of the way,and very quiet place.I loved the foxtel in the room.The price was cheaper than some country places,and this place was much better.Nice balcony to sit on also.I loved the fact my car was behind a gate,so nice and safe.I'll definitely be staying there again.Also the WI-FI was great.

Date of stay: November 2019

Hi HappyHawks23,

Thanks for your excellent comment. Sincerely hope to see you again in Aruba Surf Resort.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 November 2019

I booked online. It is an apartment. Reasonable level of cleanliness. Decor a bit tired but ok for the price.Had oven, microwave and plenty of cooking utensils and pots etc. Close to Pacific Fair and Broadbeach. Good location, quiet area. Secure undercover carparking. Had late check in and so keys left in lock box. No problem. Had issue with free WiFI but that got sorted next morning. Foxtel in TV was great.. Had washing machine and drier in bathroom. Supplied with a sachet of washing up liquid and detergent, soap etc and half toilet roll. If you run out you need to buy your next one. Would stay here again.

Room tip: I had a lower level room. There are no lifts only stairs so go for that if you dont like going up and down stairs
Date of stay: October 2019

Hi doordontlikeit,

Thanks for your comments. Aruba Surf Resort is not hotel, we provide the sachet and toilet as starter pack only for the guest. We got oasis shopping center and 7-11 (2-minute walking distance) around us. Guests can buy foods and other commodities from the shops easily.

Kind Regards,