“Perfect!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 11 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We stayed at the lodge for our 10 year wedding anniversary, and Sarah could not have been more helpful. We received a lot of info prior to arrival, such as directions, where to eat, taxi companies etc.. So no welcome lack needed. There was fresh milk on our arrival, as well as a bottle of prosecco to celebrate our anniversary, which considering we were only staying one night was an amazing touch!
She even offered to drop us off for a meal in the nearest town if we had a problem with a taxi, which we didn't.
The views are absolutely wonderful, and the lodge is so tastefully done up, it was a real treat. And the bed and linen was solo comfortable!
We ate at Charlie's Bistro, as the nearest pub The Robin Hood stops serving food at 8.30pm, and the food was out of this world.
All in all, a perfect night away! Thank you!
We'll be back...

11 Sep 2016
many thanks for your kind reveiw.
Charlie's Bistro is also one of my favourites!
2014JSP
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed 1 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Great location. Cute place. Did a lovely walk on the moors to the nearest pub which offers an amazing range of food.

Sarah was brilliant. Very personable. Even though she was away she still attended to all our queries very professionally & looked after us.

First time we've stayed anywhere without a Welcome / info pack & complimentary arrival milk ...... But place was fully equiped & Sarah provided a lot of info in advance plus it is nice to discover things ourselves & explore.

Would recommend and would stay again.

Neighbours dogs friendly and well behaved & added a homely feel although they did not come inside.

Thank you Sarah. We enjoyed our stay. :)

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
3 Sep 2016
Thank you for your lovely review. I did have a full info pack at the Lodge but one of my previous guests decided it was so good they had to take it home with them! I will get on with making a new one.
I do put in welcome packs for stays of a week or more, but for shorter stays I provide tea, coffee, powdered milk, sugar, olive oil and other basics.
I really appreciate your feedback and will look at implementing the improvements suggested.
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and would love to welcome you back.
Jill H
Berkhamsted, England, United Kingdom
“A very comfortable place to stay”
Reviewed 4 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

This converted barn is very well furnished and a lovely place to stay in. When we were there, swifts and housemartins flew all around the property, I really enjoyed watching them. The owner's dogs are very friendly and got on well with my greyhound. It was nice being able to walk my dog in the grounds.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The open location and the high quality of the furnishings
Liked least: My dog had a slight problem with the un-carpeted stairs, he found them rather slippery. We used the stone stairs on the outside of the barn.
Recommended for:
People with pets
11 Aug 2016
SBH0369
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Aptly named little gem!”
Reviewed 9 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

What a beauty! Absolutely spotless, fantastic conversion of an old barn to the very highest standard. In the heat of summer with the bedroom windows open, expect to hear some traffic overnight but the upside certainly outweighs this. I think the negative comment left previously is rather harsh as the owner has clearly prepared the property to an exceptionally high and stylish standard but any sympathetic conversion of an old building will be determined by the original structure of the building - a small price to pay for character. However, I would agree that an additional hand towel per person would be ideal!
We will definitely return, especially as our lab enjoyed it as much as we did!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
9 Jul 2016
Lauren S
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Lovely appearance but missing welcoming touches”
Reviewed 18 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a short week stay at Moorland View Lodge. On appearance the lodge is a very lovely place with a boutique feel to it. It is not in the most quiet or tranquil location but it is easily accessible.

The lodge was very warm which was lovely after being out walking most of the day in the cold. The sofa too was very comfortable.

There were a few bits that I felt let the lodge down; First being that there was no welcome pack. It is nice when staying in self catering accommodation to have all instruction etc, together, in an obvious place, rather than having to search through the drawers to find them.

Having stayed in many self catering places, at a range of prices, we have always been welcomed with a hamper containing basic essentials such as; bread, milk, butter, etc, to accommodate for your first morning there. However we did not receive this from Moorland View Lodge. There was tea and coffee, but that was it. We had been out walking before arriving at the lodge so the last thing we wanted to do was go back out to get milk, etc.

You are only provided with one towel each. Being a female it's not ideal to have to dry your body and hair with one towel. I honestly would have preferred another towel instead of a robe.

Also you only get given one towel in the kitchen to dry up with and get hot dishes out the oven with, again it's not ideal to be getting hot dishes out with a wet towel. Maybe providing two towels or oven gloves and a single towel would have been better. Another slight issue that we had is that the plates and bowls aren't microwavable. You are provided with a dishwasher and washing machine, however make sure you take your own washing detergents with you.

The wifi was very hit and miss. It seemed to drop out a lot and the signal wasn't very strong. The best signal seemed to be if you sat in the bedroom, but you could still not get full signal. Mobile signal in the area isn't very good either, so we were relying on having good wifi.

Unfortunately we didn't find the bed very comfortable. We found that the mattress seemed to slope down either side.

The bathroom was a bit of a challenge. With the sloped roof throughout it meant that washing, getting out of the bath, etc you had to duck or bend down to avoid hitting your head.

We can't comment on the owners as we did not see or hear from them throughout our stay.

Unfortunately this property was just not for us. I think if more information was given and we had been more prepared on what to take it wouldn't have been so bad.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
24 Feb 2016
Hi Lauren,
I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at the Lodge.
I do however think that I need to clarify a few points for other potential guests reading your review.
All guests are provided with a bathrobe, bath towel and hand towel.
The Wedgewood bone china dinner service is not microwavable, but plenty of cooking dishes and pans are provided.
A tea towel is left out on the side in the kitchen. An oven glove is provided in the 3rd drawer down to the right of the cooker. For stays of longer than a few days, more tea towels are provided.
Dishwasher tablets and washing up liquid is provided, however washing powder for clothes isn't.
Welcome packs are provided for full week bookings, however for bookings of less than a week, you will find tea, coffee, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, toilet rolls, kitchen rolls and other such basic items.
The bed is an Hypnos bed. It has an excellent reputation for both quality and comfort and also has the royal warrant.
Due to the rural location of the Lodge, internet speeds are not fast. While the internet is fine for surfing, emailing etc, you would not be able to stream.
Mobile phone signal varies according to your provider, some being better than others (again due to our rural location), if you are concerned about this then please check with your provider before booking.
While I am always available to guests by phone or email, or just by knocking on my door; I do try not to intrude on guests privacy during their stay at The Lodge. Past experience has taught me that guests value their privacy and will contact me if they need something.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing