“Great takeaway!”
Review of Village Takeaways

Village Takeaways
Ranked #11 of 24 Restaurants in Methven
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Take away is very different in New Zealand, I like the way everything is cooked to order. We had fish and chips blue cod! Delicious! The staff here are super friendly and it's obvious a favourite with the locals.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

VT is a great little fish and chip shop in Methven. I usually go there to get dinner and had only 1 bad experience there. My Dad and I got food poisoning last night from contaminated or undercooked beef. The chips are good but was a bit disappointed in last nights meal. Am hoping for a better experience next time.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

If you want food in Methven this is the place to be! They have such a HUGE variety of foods on the menu and it's all such amazing quality. We went almost every night out of our 5 night stay and always found something new to try. I definitely recommend the takeaway dinner packs, our steak was cooked to perfection and the ribs were fantastic! They are so so so cheap for the quality of food and service they put out. If you eat anywhere in Methven make it here!
(The meal pictured had a large steak, house made mushroom sauce, chips, onion 2 different types of salad and a massive serving of ribs and cost approx $24!!!)

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

All the staff were awesome about our dietary needs (vegan) and confirmed so many details with us to make sure we didn't get anything we won't eat.
Could not have asked for any better service! Thanks so much!

1  Thank JohnnyAkka
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Souvlaki is always my choice and it never fails me.
We tried there new 2 for $10 pizzas the other night and was super tasty!
Sometimes the chips are a bit greasy due to old oil I think, but it is our go too so its easy to forgive.

1  Thank GypsyGirlMethven