“Big Portions”

Algonquin Lunch Bar
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Whitney
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Stopped in here while on my way to Parry Sound from Ottawa. It's just before Highway 60 goes enters Algonquin Park. It's located along with a MacEwen Gasbar. It's a quaint little diner. I ordered the BBQ chicken, the portion ended up being 1/2 a chicken and it was a BIG chicken too. Very large portion size. Pretty good value all considered. Not a bad stop to make if you're in the area.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

July 2018 me and my husband closed our restaurant for 1 week to travel 9 hours to vacation in Algonquin Park, being so far away from home, we didn’t know the area. We stumble upon Algonquin Lunch Bar (as it is pretty well the ONLY place to get food without driving half and hour) we ate breakfast and had an amazing time, food was great and our waitress was a sweet heart, had no problems providing us with everything we wanted & in a timely manor. Fast forward to dinner, once again being almost the only place to eat & the fact we enjoyed our breakfast, we went to have some dinner. From the very beginning our waitress had a terrible attitude and was making us feel very irritated and uncomfortable, but it’s okay the food was good at breakfast so we will put up with it. We order our food and ask her to come back to take an order TO GO for later that night and an appetizer (seeing as we couldn’t decide what we wanted) when the waitress comes back with our dinner we order a poutine and a burger TO GO. We start take one bite of our food that is on the table and we LOVE IT but decide there is just ONE more thing to make it perfect!! We wanted some more mashed potatoes that were so yummy and some more yummy gravy to complete the meal. The waitress comes out with our poutine and we ask her for ONE LAST thing, she goes to the kitchen and comes out in a hustle (we were the ONLY table there) and says to our faces “do u want anything else cause I am not going to keep going back and fourth”.... we were SHOCKED. So I go to ask for the owner or a manager, knowing that this will not end well and just trying to enjoy my dinner that she already ruined. There was NOBODY there I was able to speak to and had to put up with being disrespected by this waitress. When she comes back with the gravy and potatoes I simply ask if i could speak with her for a second, I start to speak calmly and she will not even allow me to finish one sentence. I have never been so disrespected and lost my appetite. Me and my husband got up and we walked out (after already putting up with so much). We didn’t touch our food, I took ONE bite. Regardless of how much we ordered or how we ordered it, we were respectful the whole time, we tip well and as a waitress that is your job. Fast forward to the next morning, I go in to see if I could get some coffee to go and speak with the owner (feeling bad I didn’t pay and was going to see if we could work something out that benefits us both) I get told that if I do not leave they will call the police for trespassing. Finally the owner lets me speak and I explain to her exactly what I just explained above and did not and an apology but instead was called a LIAR by the owner, being told I said things I didn’t and asked to leave. I have never EVER felt so bad or been so disrespected in my whole entire life. Me and my husband put our heart and souls into our restaurant almost 365 days a year, we take ONE week off and come to enjoy ourselves and enjoy a meal to ourselves for once instead of serving other people all day everyday. The food was good and our waitress in the morning was a sweetheart but I would NEVER recommend this place and I hope that the owner comes to her senses and realizes how disrespectful she was to us. We would’ve ate there all week and spent hundreds but maybe because we are a younger couple, we weren’t taken seriously and treated as children, but who knows.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Friendly service, good food. Good menu selections. Very clean washrooms. Seemed to be well frequented by locals and vacationers. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Great service--- food selection adequate--- prices somewhat high for fare served. Suitable for a quick lunch while travelling on highway 60.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We didn't make it for lunch today :( after getting off the trail around 3 we decided to stop and get food before our 2 hour trip home... unfortunately you were closed so we took a quick trip up the road to the mad musher "bad idea" terrible prices, service and food. Anyone traveling through this area for a bite to eat we highly recommend "Algonquin lunch bar"! If their not open travel to next town. Or sadly you will be let down by the mush