“Not just for the Quinoa crowd...”
Review of Winchelsea Farm Kitchen - CLOSED

Winchelsea Farm Kitchen
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a general village store, selling a variety of every day items, plus some more unusual items. We sell everything from fresh bread, milk and vegetables, to local beers and wines, to soap and pet food. We also offer a takeaway hot drink service, with seating available in our sunny courtyard garden, or inside during the colder months.
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I always loved Winchelsea. Not that we went very often. Went past it a lot en route to Dungeness... But I digress..
We went in en route to Dungeness... To show my daughter a place from my childhood. She of course decide hunger was the most important thing and wanted a sausage roll. Hot. In WInchelsea.. I Googled and found there is a co-op and I had small hopes of them having a sausage roll. Let alone hot. But anyway we set off from the lovely Church (you really should pop in there) and 50 yards away spied the Farm Shop.
And wonder of wonders, in the window is a sign "HOT sausage rolls"..
So in we went to a charming shop and asked if we could have one. To be told they were still being baked and would be 10 minutes. But we got drinks and went and sat in their charming courtyard and got served a freshly baked sausage roll (choice of standard or honey and mustard). Quite lovely. So said sausage roll expert my daughter.
I've since seen reviews saying it wasn't a great place. Yes the shopkeeper could have been more avuncular but we found it well nice, clean toilet too. We wren't in the market for groceries but it did look well-stocked. I can't comment on that part.
Reasonably priced. Lovely surroundings. Hot sausage roll. What's not to like?

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Popped in for coffee, cakes, and bread whilst camping nearby. Gorgeous little shop in the beautiful village of Winchelsea. Everything I got from here was delicious - especially the coffee. Really ace brew. Cakes were light, fresh, and very reasonable. Only slight negative was the rather surly service from the chap who served me. Not a major issue and is only reason I give this place 4 rather than 5 stars.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

To reach the coffee shop/dining area, you go through a well stocked small farm shop/deli, including local fruit, veg and eggs. We enjoyed good coffee in the sunny little garden at the back - no-one else there (mid-week) and sitting in the sun was lovely.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

I have been here a few times when visiting family in the area and they serve a great cup of coffee - and if the weather suits there is a relaxing little terrace to enjoy it in.

The staff are very helpful and friendly in my experience, even when busy (which they were every time I have been in!) .

Reviewed 1 July 2016

Good choice of products in shop, staff have always been very friendly, and it's nice to take a coffee and a very tasty sausage rolls, actually the sausages rolls are my main reason for visiting!