“Not as Good as Premier Inn”

Best Western Nottingham Derby
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Not as Good as Premier Inn”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stopped at the Nottingham/Derby Novatel on 26th May.

I am a regular user of Premier Inn but on the back of a great experience at your Parkway Hotel in Cwmbrn, though I would try BW.

We stopped over for the Test Match at Trent Bridge with my 10 year old son. Booked on the internet B&B for one night and paid in advance.

Receptionist was great, and the room spacious. The bed was big, but that's because it had two singles pushed together. Not a problem, but I did note this on the Trip Advisor Reviews.

Big issue was the food. This was available in the Grill at 25 next door. Firstly the waitress was grumpy. Then when asked what we would like to drink, I was greeted with one choice of draught beer, Carlesburg. It wasn't great. Oh and my lad had an Orange so they couldn't get that wrong!Then I asked for a large glass of Pinot, and let's say I got a large glass. Not a large wine.

The food was poor. Bucket of wings strangly came out of the kitchen within minutes. Then I had the Sheesh Kabab. Over done and had a strange combination of rice, peas and salad. And it cost c£8.

Coffee and dessert was fine.

Back to the hotel and it was pretty noisy what with the M1 alongside. But I knew about this so it didn't affect our sleep. What did wake us was the noise of revellers coming in at 2 and 3 in the morning.

Breakfast was where they scored over the Premier Inn. Large, always replenished and the eating room was lovely. Only spoilt by a pretty cold approach by the lady on the door.

I asked my son which one he liked best and he said Premier Inn. So that said it all.

Room Tip: Always check out the resturant reviews as this could spoil your stay.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If you would like to discuss this further with me please feel free to call me directly on 0115 9460000.

Yours sincerely,

BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Stayed at the hotel for one night. We were able to check in early which was good. Receptionist friendly and helpful. Our room was lovely with modern decor and a nice bed. Didnt notice any noise from nearby road. Room was really clean upon arrival. Very hot in the room but we were supplied with a fan in the room which was a nice touch. TV channels were a bit limited, an some of the channels listed in the guest handbook were not on our TV. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 0115 9460000.

Yours sincerely,

BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby
southampton
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This was the first time we have used Best Western and were pleasantly surprised. While the room was no more than adequate, every single staff member went out of their way to help us enjoy our stay. The breakfast was fantastic, above and beyond our expectations. And YES I will definitely be using this place again when we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gpr
RichardJohal, Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, 31 May 2012

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

Should you need any further information on the hotel in the future please do contact me on 0115 9460000.

swansea
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I have stayed here a few times over the years but this is my first since it has been spruced up. The rooms and corridors are now brighter and more fashionable and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. I used to avoid the restaurant as it was somewhat overpriced but I was presently surprised at how reasonable it now is, and the steak I had was very good quality and cooked well. If I was staying again I would ask for a room away from the motorway side as there are some rooms very close to the motorway and being the M1 it is busy at all times.

Room Tip: Ask for o room not on the motorway side
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mgm53

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

We value your feedback and by telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests. I'm pleased that you have noticed the overall improvements within the hotel and the restaurant.

Rhoose, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2012

The decoration in this hotel is very trendy and gorgeous, I would have this in my house. The rooms were finished to a high standard and very comfy large beds. The restaurant had some lovely food, atmosphere was good and again decorated very funky. Prices are ok for a hotel and portions are good too. The breakfast in the morning is well worth paying B&B price for, nice hot buffet with a nice help your self coffee machine. We were going to donnington race track the next and this hotel was nice and close, only about 15 mins away in rush hour traffic.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

6.6 km away
Days Inn Donington A50
Days Inn Donington A50
#1 of 1 in Shardlow

Been to Best Western Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!