“Average”
Review of Hotel Gloria

Hotel Gloria
Ranked #2 of 3 Springwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I stayed here for the location, just a few Km's from where I was working.

I had a room on the 6th floor, over looking the pool, M1 and Springwood retail complex. The room was spacious and clean. Free internet in the room via a cable, Wi-Fi would be nice after all it's 2013. Free Wi-Fi in the lobby area.

Air conditioning in the room was far too noisy to use at night, slept with the balcony doors open.

Large TV with surround sound system.

Fridge in room and mini bar at a cost.

Hotel restaurant and bar are a concession. Neither open on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. What sort of hotel doesn't offer food and drink 7 days a week? When it was open the food is mediocre and over priced. The bar is over priced too.

The pool is very small and not the cleanest either.

Would I stay here again? No, would spend the extra $$$ and stay in Brisbane.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms get the sun.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Have stayed in both their Queen and 1 Bedroom King apartments. Clean enough, roomy and all that is needed. As per other posters, the food service needs looking into. Room sefrvice meals are in need of a better cook/chef. Staff seem friendly enough. Close to where I was doing business so made it easy. Have also stayed for leasure. Not much choice in Springwood to choose from. Expensive. Prices have gone up since the New Year so will not be staying there again. Cheaper to travel a bit up the road towards Brisbane and get cheaper.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Etonbeach
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I will never stay here again. I was on a business trip and working in the area. I arrived at the hotel at 9:45pm and there was no food available. I got to my room and the bedside lights didn't work. I picked up the phone to call reception and the phone didn't work. I went downstairs to get things fixed and was asked what I wanted done about it. My non-smoking floor stank of cigarettes. When I arrived back in my room the next day after work it looked as if someone had been sleeping in the bed. The bathroom looked as if it had been abandoned half way through cleaning. A very helpful receptionist did come up to see and rectified what she could. When I asked her what she recommended for room service her advice was "go out". I wish I'd taken her advice. My medium rare steak and salad was raw and inedible. The next one that arrived was so overcooked it was barely edible. I was charged full price for the meal and no offer was made to try and make me feel better about the place. Awful all round.

Room Tip: Rooms in a different hotel will be better than this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank littleedlo
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed for 3weeks and found the weekly rate as very good value for money. The room with Kitchen, laundry, balcony and bedroom is furnished with everything you need for a long term stay i.e. Lounge dining table etc. The Gym is small but typical for a Hotel of this type so as the Pool. The Service staff was very friendly. The location is very central and in close proximity to the Busway, M1 Motorway and Logan Motorway. The M1 makes a bit of noise but that you know prior to staying here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We booked a 1 bedroom apartment.This apartment got it all. From an ironing board over a washing machine to dishwasher, every equipment was there in a very good quality.

The apartment had also an internet connection, but only a wired connection, no wireless. In times where many travelers have an iPad or other tablet computer, I would recommend an upgrade.

The staff is friendly and the not working cook top was repaired in no time. We definitely would come back.

Room Tip: take one in the upper floor, so you enjoy a great view and escape the city noise
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Been to Hotel Gloria? Share your experiences!