All reviews excellent hotel staff are great leo port village
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We, my wife and I, stayed six nights in this hotel. It is very well located, close to the port and the village downtown. Leo (the owner) and his staff are great!!! Stayed in a very good room: large, quiet, clean and confortable. The breakfast is very good!! Hope to visit Favignana again and will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Globe2urist
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and every time it fantastic. The staff is extra helpful, the rooms are clean. The highlight is the breakfast, filled with local pastries and pies and breads famous on this island.
Love it so much for the 2nd time that we will come back next year and maybe evey year

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed in Il Portico hotel for three nights in mid September on the beautiful and relaxing island of Favignana. This hotel is well situated near the Chiesa Madre Maria Santissima Immacolata and the main square. It is a small boutique hotel with superb service from all. However, Liliana was exceptional in translating for us and aiding in the arrangement of a lunch with the family of our American Sicilian friend. She could have just given us the phone number but she went above and beyond by telephoning and translating for us , as our Italian was poor. She also was extremely helpful in arranging a scuba diving excursion as well as telling us of the many wonderful beaches/grottos that we get to by bike or moto on the island.
Our room was fairly standard for Sicily with a very comfortable bed, chest to hang clothes, a small safe, mini fridge and desk. The shower was small but adequate with nice water pressure and plenty of hot water. The small balcony had a clothes line to hang wet suits etc. There are some rooms available with a larger deck with lounge chairs as well. The breakfast space was very pleasant as was the top floor which was open and had lounge chairs, a hot tub and a nice view of the Castella Santa Caterina. This is a hotel located within the town so the views from the rooms are limited. However the location, especially in the evening is an ideal, easy walk to a multitude of restaurants and shops. It is also a very short walk from the ferry and boat docks, so no need for a taxi. I thought the breakfast was excellent as it had many locally made pastries, rolls, pizzettas as well as Italian meats and cheeses. The fruits were also local , very sweet , fresh and excellent. The coffee was wonderful. It is not an American breakfast, but that is what I loved about this buffet-- all local and non- processed foods . All in all we had a thoroughly enjoyable time at this hotel, primarily due to its wonderful service and nice location.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel bang in the centre of town. Worth getting up early to climb to the castle on top of the nearby mountain. Why is trip advisor making me write 200 words. This now feels like a chore. Seven more words to go.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I had high hopes for the hotel as I had booked through SLH, but was disappointed. There was no upgrade, the room was noisy and when doors close along the corridor the bed shook, breakfast was just about OK but had to wait about 25 mins for coffee on second day, I was travelling alone and some staff, particularly those in the bar, didn't seem to pay much attention.
However, the atmosphere in the hotel is nice, the décor good and everything is very clean. I was asked at reception how things were and I fed back. The reception staff referred me to managers who were really sorry, and went out of their way to make things up to me, for which I was really grateful. I would say that the managers at this hotel are great, but the ethos has travelled all the way down to all staff.
A mixed experience - but I expected more from SLH. Maybe I was just unlucky. I would recommend this hotel - but if there is something you are unhappy with, make it known - I think the management will sort it out if they know.

Room Tip: Avoid the cheapest rooms - too noisy
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo