All reviews lovely breakfast special place nice terrace leo centre island tips
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel bang in the centre of town. Worth getting up early to climb to the castle on top of the nearby mountain. Why is trip advisor making me write 200 words. This now feels like a chore. Seven more words to go.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I had high hopes for the hotel as I had booked through SLH, but was disappointed. There was no upgrade, the room was noisy and when doors close along the corridor the bed shook, breakfast was just about OK but had to wait about 25 mins for coffee on second day, I was travelling alone and some staff, particularly those in the bar, didn't seem to pay much attention.
However, the atmosphere in the hotel is nice, the décor good and everything is very clean. I was asked at reception how things were and I fed back. The reception staff referred me to managers who were really sorry, and went out of their way to make things up to me, for which I was really grateful. I would say that the managers at this hotel are great, but the ethos has travelled all the way down to all staff.
A mixed experience - but I expected more from SLH. Maybe I was just unlucky. I would recommend this hotel - but if there is something you are unhappy with, make it known - I think the management will sort it out if they know.

Room tip: Avoid the cheapest rooms - too noisy
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2016

This hotel is exactly as it is pictured on the website. Very near to the Port and so easy to find in the tiny charming town. We originally were only going to stay 3 nights, but we liked it so much we stayed 6. Small family run hotel,with excellent service. Leo and Liliana tell you where to go and give great advice. The beds were comfortable, with Frette sheets, and lovely balcony views. Leo and his family live next door , so he can tell you where to eat and information on day trips. Bikes are available. Definitely go on the boat ride he suggests around Favignana, we met many of the other guests, and we had dinners and drinks together. Great friendly, relaxing environment! Loved staying here and I will return very very soon!

Room tip: Very few rooms, but we had a lovely balcony.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank suz b
Reviewed 7 May 2016

Centrally located within a minute or two walking distance of all places of interest. Clean modern rooms with all mod cons and very quiet overall. Attentive host and staff who were very helpful when our planned three night stay became a five day marathon when due to bad weather the car ferry was cancelled. Breakfast was acceptable; the addition of hard-boiled eggs and tomatoes would have raised our rating of the hotel to five stars. Moral of the story - do not take your car with you when visiting a small island. But if you are stranded, Il Portico will put you up without any hassles.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2015

Clean,decent rooms good air con,bathrooms with good powerful showers and lots of quality fluffy towels.Very good Sicilian fare for breakfast.Staff are great very helpful and readily provide information to ease your stay.

Date of stay: October 2015