“Paradise”

COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Parrot Cay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 September 2012

It is amazing how relaxing Parrot Cay is and it is all due to the breathtaking surroundings and perfectly attentive staff. The attention to detail in everything they do is what makes this resort stand out from the others. It still amazes me that an oasis like Parrot Cay is only a 3 and a half hour plane ride from NYC. If you plan to visit, you have to book yourself an appointment at the COMO Shambhala spa. I had the 90 min COMO Shambhala massage and it was one of the best massages I've ever had. Spend some extra time using the spa facilities which are equally amazing and you will feel yourself unwinding and leaving all the stress of home behind. You will find it hard to feel anything but bliss when you look around.

If you are worried about being bored, don't. There is plenty to do. They offer snorkeling, fishing, and trips to the other islands as well as tennis, ping pong, bike riding, running, yoga & pilates classes, and if you must, there is satellite TV and a blu ray player in your wi-fi accessible room. I was here for 5 days and did not turn the TV on once.

The food here is pricey but worth it. Everything is so fresh and well-prepared. There is something for everyone. Everything I tried was delicious.

I loved Parrot Cay so much that I plan on returning for my honeymoon in May. In the meantime, I'm sad to be back to reality and am counting down the days when I can return to paradise.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mishyv21
Grantnoble, General Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will certainly pass on your kind comments to our team at the spa.

We all look forward to welcoming you back for your honeymoon, ,

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos

Reviewed 15 September 2012

We had a fantastic holiday at this hotel, so good that we extended another day. It is such a beautiful location and so tranquil.

The rooms were confortable and clean and we really liked that they weren't full of clutter. The bed was extremely comfortable.

The staff were very polite and extremely helpful.

Everything was very well maintained including the gardens.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the resort, they are very much appreciated by the team and I, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 September 2012

It's been over a week since my return from Parrot Cay and I still can't figure out exactly what it is that makes the resort and island so very special. I think you have to go to know. Yes, the resort is expensive but you know that when you book. Yes, there are mosquitoes but I never got bitten. Yes, you are on an island with two restaurants & no nightly entertainment but isn't that the point?

The magic begins flying into Provo. Turks & Caicos is breathtakingly tropical. After going through customs it was easy to spot the Parrot Cay representative. We were taken in an SUV to the dock while being entertained by the knowledgeable driver. The welcome centre was great for a quick snack & drink then onto the boat. What a fun ride. When we got to Parrot Cay the golf carts were waiting. I loved the rum punch welcome drink and would have been happy to "check-in" for longer.

We stayed in Pirate House aptly named for the pirates who once roamed the area. The 3 bedroom villa is on the highest point of the island with great views. Everything I could think of was there from flat screen TV's, bose sound systems and big comfy furniture to umbrellas, flip flops and even a book light next to the bed. We spent most of our time lounging at the infinity pool. I loved the bathroom products. Ice and fresh fruit was replenished daily. There was a kettle & tea so I called and voila, an espresso machine appeared. My son wanted some Lay's chips and voila, they picked them up from Providenciales! I could get used to this lifestyle. By day 2 I felt like I was home. We took the half board option for dinner only and paid for lunch with portions big enough to share. You can choose to dine in either the Terrance (Italian) or Lotus (Asian) and I took advantage of being able to order any meal in your room for a $5 tray charge. The Fish & Chips is my favourite but everything is fresh & delicious. Thanks to Yoga and Restu for taking care of us at Terrance.

I wish I had the words to describe the beach. It is the best I have ever seen. The sand is like white flour. Everywhere you look is picture perfect and no waiting for a lounge chair. My favourite part was the blue flag to plant in the sand for drinks and food. We visited the fitness center to look and it looked great. The bar by the main pool served up delicious cocktails and had a wonderful romantic feel at night. We enjoyed afternoon tea in the library, free WIFI everywhere you go and DVD's available to watch at "home".

After reading reviews on TripAdvisor, I committed a cardinal sin by not visiting the spa so I will, hopefully, be correcting that mistake on a future visit. To sum up my week, everything about Parrot Cay was relaxing. It got to the point where I wanted to call someone to carry me to the beach. I slept well, ate well and totally relaxed. All the staff were wonderful with Grant, the general manager stopping by the tables for a quick chat at dinner to the ladies at the front desk who had the warmest smiles. Turn down service is another treat.

When we left the island, the boat stopped so we could watch as a mother & baby dolphin swam by. It was an unforgettable Au Revoir to Parrot Cay & Turks & Caicos.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank lovestotravel1961
Grantnoble, General Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review, it is very much appreciated by the team and I. We look forward to welcoming you back, and the team from the spa are eagerly awaiting your visit.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

In the Summer of 2011, my wife and I had a chance to get away for a week and after much research, settled on Parrot Cay. From the outset, let me be perfectly clear: this is NOT an inexpensive hotel nor vacation. On top of fairly expensive rooms, you will pay for very expensive meals. The one caveat is that a fabulous, healthy breakfast is included with the price of the room. In the week we were there, we never tired of the selections for breakfast and often opted for one of the "spa" meals which are low fat, low sodium, low calorie, but very delicious. (We ate well througout the vacation, and actually came home having lost several pounds.) If you go, expect to pay at least $100/person for dinner with a glass of wine. Of all the dinners we ate, only the first (on barbeque night) was disappointing and not worth the cost. Once you get past sticker shock and accept your fate (since it's somewhat laborious getting off the island and into Provenciales and back for dinner), the dinners were quite good. Normally, we don't eat lunch, and didn't while at the resort, so I can't vouch for quality, though I would expect the cost to be proportionately high. In all fairness, EVERYTHING must be imported -- not only to Parrot Cay (it's own private island), but to Turks and Caicos in general.

The rooms themselves were good, but nothing special - white with (unneeded) mosquito netting around the bed. Our room did have a wonderful, full-length soaking tub, and the provided bath amenities were sensational. Though overpriced (of course), we bought shampoo and soap to bring home. We also made use of some of the free spa activities (like beginner's yoga) and the kayaks to paddle around the bay side. I used, twice, the massage and acupuncture and acupressure services and can say the therapists were absolutely first class. (I suffer from a number of back issues and frequently get massages as one of the few things that gives me relief.)

We also made use of their free ferry service which took us across to Middle Caicos so we could rent a car to drive through Middle and Lower Caicos Islands (a micro review in itself). However, "car rental" is a very loose term. We rented a Jeep (highly recommended), but it was obviously "rented" from "John" for the day. I.E. - I believe most of the rental vehicles actually belong to someone else who they call and say "Hey John I've got some tourists who want a Jeep. Let me rent your Jeep for the day. I'll give you half." It was an adventure, but we made it there and back in one piece. In the course of the drive, you can see first hand the over-speculated development in parts of the islands where the construction just stopped or the "streets" are laid out, but nothing is there.

I've saved the best for last. Service. The service at the hotel is the best I've seen almost anywhere in the world and probably really rates 6-stars -- from the Assistant General Manager with whom we had the pleasure to speak on a number of occasions to housekeeping. Our particular housekeeper in enquired frequently if we were having a good time and wanted to know if there was anything she could do. She said "this is my country and I am proud of it and want you to leave with a good feeling so you will come back". The wait staff in the dining areas is particularly good, and are mostly from Bali, Indonesia and Thailand -- areas with a sterling reputation in hotel service.

Finally, the beach is quiet, long (though not terribly deep) and very clean with excellent service (again). And don't be surprised if you happen to see some Hollywood celeb taking a quick break. We nodded hello to Laurence Fishburn on one of our evening beach strolls.

Room Tip: If you have the money, try to get a bungaloe by the ocean -- very private and very nice. Also, a gre...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DoolinDog

Thank you for your very helpfull review, and the kind comments about our resort, and the team. We are constantly striving to be better, and this includes our food and beverage pricing, where we are looking at new purchasing suppliers, in order to reduce the prices on our menu.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

This resort is located on a private island and a 30 minute boat ride from Providenciales. The hotel is what one would expect of a five star establishment. What makes it special is the "feel" of Parrot Cay. There are no cars on the island and is a great place to bike, jog or walk the lovely paths around the island. The regular rooms are small but very pretty. If you can spare the cash, go for the l bedroom suite. The rooms are well equipped and has a really good mini-bar. They have two restaurants and I particularly enjoyed eating at the one by the pool. They have a special spa cuisine menu for those who prefer healthy food. Cell phones are not allowed in the restaurants which is much appreciated. The landscape is beautiful and this resort has found a way to control mosquitoes which made my stay even more enjoyable. Special mention to Liz at front desk. She is wonderful. The only downer is having to leave.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andy p

Thank you very much for your review on the resort, I will pass your comments on to LIz, whilst it is a downer to leave, the good thing is that you can always come back, and the team and I look forward to welcoming you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parrot Cay
20.2 km away
The Regent Grand
The Regent Grand
#6 of 44 in Providenciales

Been to COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos? Share your experiences!