“Stunning Beaches, Great Snorkeling and Scuba...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Our friendly visitors!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Bigkabloo...
Bethesda, Maryland
“Stunning Beaches, Great Snorkeling and Scuba Diving, Beautiful Home”
Reviewed 3 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

The last time I visited the Turks & Caicos was decades ago. But I couldn't resist a quick trip to get in some summertime scuba diving. I had never been to Salt Cay, but I had heard about it.

Frankly, it's not for everyone. If you need to be somewhere with a vibrant nightlife, lots of restaurants and shops, and crowds of people, this is not the place for you. However, if you're looking for some of the prettiest beaches, reef snorkeling from shore, scuba diving where the boat rides to the dive sites are just a few minutes long, this is the place.

ZaZen is the only house on this portion of the beach. You can look for hundreds of feet and not see any other structure let alone another human being. You might see a wandering donkey, cow or chicken, but not a person.

The home is new. I think the owners just took occupancy in May. It's spacious with a large great room that housed the living room and kitchen. The dining room was on the outside terrace overlooking the ocean. There are two bedrooms on the main level, one on either side of the great room. Both have double doors opening onto the rear terrace with ocean views. Both have air conditioning, which made sleeping easier in mid-July. I'm not sure they would be necessary in the winter.

The third bedroom is located on the lower level and has its own entrance on the beach side and is not accessible from within the main house. This could be a plus or minus. If you have kids, putting them in a separate room is not a bad idea. This bedroom has a half bath, but no air conditioning.

The kitchen is well-equipped. No dishwasher, but that is typical on an island where water is a valuable commodity. The great room is comfortable, I suppose, but we spent most of our time on the terraces, not inside.

Isaac, the house manager, is just a phone call away to help with questions and just about anything you need. As I mentioned, shopping is very limited here. If I were to be staying longer, I would probably take the $7 ferry ride to Grand Turk to do my shopping. Oh yes, the US dollar is also the local currency.

The people on the island are incredibly friendly and welcoming. They're actually glad to see you. They realize how important guests are to the island and their livelihood. But, I actually think they are just nice people. In the summer, when the are fewer guest than "in season" you get to know many of the locals.

The scuba diving boat was small. I think it might hold 8 or 10 at the most. There were four other divers when I went out. Richard, the dive master, took us out to different dive sites. I don't think we ever motored more than 10 or 15 minutes--everything is close to shore. Most dives were pretty shallow, about 30-50 feet. One dive went to about 80. The water was warm enough that no wet suit was necessary. All the equipment was provided--I only brought my prescription face mask so I could actually see what was going on.

So, if you're looking for a quiet location with stunning beaches, friendly people, a comfortable, modern and spacious home, this could be the place for you.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beaches and the views
Liked least: Limited internet access
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 307
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing