“Get the ice cream!!”

Gareth James Chocolatier
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Tynemouth
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: We are an Artisan Chocolate Shop and small cafe. In addition to our chocolate, we serve exceptional coffees/loose leaf teas, awesome brownies and some of the finest homemade ice creams and sorbets around.We have a small seating area inside, and on finer days we have space outside for you to relax and enjoy.Please note- we are not a restaurant and unfortunately don't serve savoury food...
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Stumbled on this place quite by accident. It was, in a word AMAZING. The flavours of the brownies and hot chocolate were absolutely spot on. We tried a couple of the ice-creams too - all made in store - what a treat! The prices are quite reasonable. Make sure you visit. Gareth himself served us, what a lovely guy!

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 16 May 2016

I have been visiting Gareth's for many years now and in my opinion it serves the best latte in the North East. The whiskey chocolates, solid white mice (not just for kids!) and the chocolate brownies are scrumptious and there is always a friendly welcome from the staff.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 28 April 2016

this shop gave me 5 stars on my wife's birthday and our wedding anniversary
i bought chocolate brownies and a 16 piece box of chocolates the first time and the mixed dark chocolates the second
very successful so the only problem is how many times I can afford to repeat

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

This probably the best chocolat in all the north of England. It is a small shop in a corner of the main street. I invit you to go in and discover his chocolat. I am used to french Chocolat and I have now found the same quality in Gareth product. When I use to work in a hotel/restaurant in Washington, I was always getting choclat for our guests for xmas, easter, mothers day... There has I could garanty the quality.
Sometimes hing else he does very well was his sorbet and ice cream in the summer....a must taste along with his café gourmand.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 1 April 2016

Absolutely love this place, the coffee is gorgeous, the brownies to die for and the staff are really friendly. Lovely cosy place which is a plus point but also a negative as with only a few tables quite often we struggle to get a seat. Worth the wait though!!

Date of visit: April 2016