“Easter treat”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I came to one of my favourite places for an Easter treat. The restaurant was busy but the food and service did not disappoint. I had ribs to start, followed by halibut and chicken in black bean sauce. We all really enjoyed ourselves and the food was tasty and good portion sizes. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This was my first visit and I was very impressed. The staff were attentive and friendly. We had the banquet and dishes such as the ribs starter and the haliburt were especially worth a mention.
Being small the tables are close together and it was quite noisy when we were there.
The finer touches weren't there such as warm flannels although there were finger bowls.
However, well worth it for the food and service.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I have been using the China Royal for 30 years and especially over the last 15 years bring many customers from all over Europe

It became a request of many whenever they were in the uk they must go to Simon's no its not the most up to date fashionable restaurant that many of my guests are used to but they insist they want to go.

Why ? Super ribs super duck and pancake super halibut and super chilli prawns.

Simon himself makes a great effort he entertains everybody for you

Never had a bad meal in the restaurant always a fun night yes we are regulars for good reason.

There again this week and they are planning next year's trip already

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Great food, excellent service. Cannot fault any aspect of our visit. Delicious, fresh, what more could you want. Thank you Simon and Mary.

1  Thank jasecampbell75
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

I know you were busy but not having all the order on and the food cold and undercooked I’m not impressed I thought we would give them another go as last time we had this will be sticking with golden city from now on

1  Thank Charli L