All reviewsbeach barfitness classesmain bargala nightgerman guestswalk in wardrobegerman hotelgerman runuk gueststhemed nightsactive holidayseparate toiletthomson brochureall inclusive resortgreat coursesgolf facilitiesgolf buggy
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed a superb holiday at this first class hotel. The accommodation and food were excellent with really friendly staff. The only downside was the regee band which I thought was totally inappropriate for a family environment. Indeed one of the band wore a tee shirt with what can only be described as bad language on it. A pity as this let down an otherwise great entertainment programme.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Some people have posted reviews stating this is luxury. It is not even close to what I consider as luxury. No nice toiletries or nice drinks in the room, fridge didn't work, room was bog standard. The food was a buffet every night, very much the same day after day... You are very lucky if you get a table without six other people sharing it sometimes screaming badly behaved children. We all had very bad stomachs which isn't surprising when you see the hygiene practices of some of the guests whilst using the buffet. We ate mainly in Travira the last four of the seven days we stayed. The gym has three treadmills, three bikes and not a lot else, no A/C working just the doors open. Golf you are paired with inappropriate playing partners. All entertainment is in german as are most written instructions. No wifi in rooms. I could go on but really don't want to waste anymore time. In my opinion the holiday was not worth a third of what we paid. We've paid much less for much more. We were all very eager to get home after a few days which is not usual for us on holiday, very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
9  Thank debbieM3582NN
Reviewed 21 March 2017

The Robinson club was truly excellent for the Davidshortgolf.co.uk coaching week i attended in Portugal. 2 great resort golf courses on site and 2 more within a short taxi ride of the Robinson Club.
The all inclusive food and drink was superb and no apparent restrictions on brands, frequency or timings.The cleanliness and decor of my room was also great.
The majority of guests were German and that was to be expected as Robinson are a German owned chain. The service I (we) received was great and all the staff spoke fluent english and were all warm, welcoming, attentive, super polite and very friendly.
The pool (indoor and out) were great and towels were provided. Sadly due to all the golf playing, all inclusive eating and other facilities (on Site Theatre), I never got to use the spar (Would of booked a sports massage - that one of our party recommended)
The evening entertainment was mainly German but music is music and comedy is very visual :-)
I would definitely stay in a Robinson Club again. (I'll review the golf course under their category) and would personally recommend that you do if you like a sporty active holiday.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Simon S
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

We spent a week here with a young child in September. It was absolutely wonderful. Excellent and varied food, great service and the room/suite was huge and lovely. On our first night we could hear a lot of noise from the DJ and bar until midnight (not ideal with a toddler), so the next day we complained and they instantly moved us to a quieter room towards the back of the hotel. We had tennis lessons, went to the spa, swam in the pool, cycled and just generally relaxed. Wonderful.

The only real downside is that it is a little isolated, there isn't much to explore in the local area. We didn't mind this but some might.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Weather has been poorer than anticipated, so no appropriate clothing for golfing in the rain! On the days it has been dry the ball has run and run. Today was not so good, but The coaching has improved the game sufficiently for that not to matter too much!

Rooms and restaurant excellent. Very clean, very friendly and attentive staff and food of very good quality.

If only the weather were better!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends