“Wedding Catering. Outstanding food and service and amazing comments by every single guest.”
Review of I Vecchi Amici

I Vecchi Amici
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2018

As my now husband and I sit back and reflect over our amazing wedding weekend in Tuscany, our thoughts Spring immediately to the catering and food. We felt so lucky to have found I Vecchi Amici. Fabio and Daniele are two incredible people and caterers. Fabio organises events and Daniele is the chef. When we first met them, we knew that we would get on brilliantly. Then we tasted their food and wow, it blew our minds! Matt, my then fiancé, who is also a foodie, enjoyed every single thing he tried. We walked out of their restaurant knowing these would be our guys for the big day. Their communication with us was excellent, attention to detail was second to none, and they really went above and beyond even before the event to make sure we were happy.
We met a couple of evenings before the wedding to go through the details. I felt very happy and in safe hands.
On the day, they were even better than we had anticipated. The service was excellent, with incredible staff.
We went for a buffet style meal with Daniele cooking some of the aperitifs canapés and the pastas in front of the guests, which added to the experience. He was fantastic. A truly talented chef, always smiling and happy.
After the wedding virtually every single guest commented how great the food was and named their favourite dish. We highly recommend their fried vegetables, any of their pastas ( although every single guest was blown away by the cinta cinese ravioli) and the pork with apple sauce... I am a vegan and I can honestly say I loved all that they cooked for all our vegan guests, and we had quite a few. My mum can't have salt and they even prepared special food for her too.
They were very respectful of the venue, and nothing was too much for them.
We honestly couldn't recommend Vecchi Amici enough - it's true what people say, a great wedding is very often down to food, and well, the overall feedback was that our wedding was incredible, thanks to the food!
Thank you Fabio and Daniele and Vecchi amici staff for making our day one we will never forget.Feel free to contact me if you want any more information, as we honestly couldn't reccomend Vecchi Amici enough, These guys rock. we will post pictures soon too.
Tamara and Matt

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed an amazing meal by the chefs today that was multiple courses. The pasta was fresh as well the other ingredients. The apple stuffed pork loin was very simple but had so much flavor. The staff was very nice and treated our group to a great time. I recommend eating here if you are in the area. Thank you for an incredible afternoon Fabio, Daniele, and Andre! The English translator from Holland was superb too!

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

We tasted a number of dishes in this restaurant and found the overall quality to be high. Not everything blew us away, however. One of the pasta dishes was way oversalted, an issue the chef attributed to salt in the meat element. Several others seemed bland. Yes, these are nitpicky comments, but these issues make it impossible to give the place five stars. As four stars denote: very good.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

We planned our daughter's wedding from California and England so most of the details were handled via e-mail. Fabio and Daniele could not have been more wonderful to work with. The actual day could not have been more perfect, the food could not have been better!! The presentation and professionalism of all of their staff was impeccable. We would not have changed a thing and cannot reccomend them highly enough!!!!!!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Fabio & Daniele cooked for our destination wedding at Petrolo. They were recommended by the Villa and it was even better than expected. We had tried some other large event and catering companies in the area but nothing compared to i Vecchi Amici's food, genuine passion, and dedication to our vision. The experience started with the tasting. The team was flexible where we wanted to make changes. They helped us envision our set up and were 100% reliable. We had an aperitivo and a sit down 3-course menu and dessert buffet. Everything exceeded expectations and the decoration and presentation was impeccable. We have nothing negative to say and we cannot thank the team enough. We are happy to be a reference! In addition, the restaurant serves amazing dishes and is worth a visit. Don't be fooled by the location. You will not be disappointed with your meal. Everyone left our wedding talking about the food :-)