“Breakfast ”

Price range: USD 6 - USD 24
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Silken Thomas is a family operated business, established for over 30 years. Focussed on giving that warm Irish welcome, the Silken has a proven record in quality & service. Silken Thomas is centrally located in the heritage town of Kildare. Silken Thomas has everything under one roof. Two traditional bars that offer that unique Irish pub atmosphere, with live music to entertain. Our contemporary lounge is the perfect place for that quick bite or meal with friends. From breakfast, to a late evening snack, you will always find something to satisfy, from our extensive menu selection. Chapter 16 restaurant is our flagship eatery, and offers that little bit extra for your dining experience. With locally sourced produce, quality & freshness is assured. Silken Thomas provides all the services you would expect from a Quality assured pub, including ample free parking, wheelchair facilities, and a warm inviting welcome. Relax and enjoy your time in the Silken. In the heart of Kildare, use the Silken as your base to visit local attractions. These include, The Irish National Stud & Japanese Gardens, The Kildare Village Outlet, Golf, Fishing and The Curragh racecourse.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The silken thomas is fantastic.. the staff are excellent especially Frances and Caroline.. we are looked after 100 .. brought to our table food ordered coffee brought down straight away..
food always piping hot and fresh
Always asked would we like more coffee .. I nominate Frances for the best employee ever she’s friendly bubbly helpful chatty all that anyone cud ask for.
Well done Caroline and the silken thomas
Wexford lady

2  Thank Judith B

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped here an a few occasions, and haven't been disappointed so far. Very busy spot on the last time I visited, and I presume if its busy, it must be doing well.
Hope it stays popular, as I will be stopping again.

1  Thank Nephinlodge
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My sister, daughter and I stayed here as we were on a shopping trip to kildare village and decided to make the most of it and stay overnight in the Silken Thomas. So glad we did! Beata gave us a warm welcome and on the morning when we came for breakfast she was so helpful, she is such an asset to Silken Thomas as well as the rest of the staff. Bedrooms were lovely and clean and our dinner was scrumptious. Went to the bar after for a drink and a great band were playing there.
Only 1 gripe! The public toilets, maybe management could spend a little bit of money on them and get them upgraded.
But besides that, I would highly recommend the Silken Thomas.

1  Thank Marie T
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Just spent 3 nights over St Patrick's weekend at the Silken. I have nothing but good to say about my stay. Having eaten 2 breakfasts and 3 evening meals, I can only rate the food as excellent both quality and quantity. The staff were very friendly and professional seeing to every need. The room was lovely and clean and looked as if it had been recently refurbished. The double bed was two singles clipped together but had an over cover disguising the fact it was two beds joined. My only complaint was that in our room we could hear the occupants walking on the creaking floorboards of the room above. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I've eaten here before and always thought it was decent enough pub grub.
But we were very disappointed here yesterday.
We both opted to eat fom the carvery.
I had a burger in pepper sauce and my wife had a breast of southern fried chicken.
The burger was grand, a bit small but the chips with it were very poor. Chicken and roast potatoes were both too dry. Mash OK but veg terrible. Cabbage and carrots too watery and overdone.
€25.90 was far too expensive for what we got which was two poor main courses involving no table service.