All reviews infinity pool mini fridge high performance lotus suites atv tour rent a bike big house falling asleep amazing instructor solo trip surf lessons juices and smoothies minute drive with open arms pura vida private bath laid back
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I just returned from a very nice week in Costa Rica. The trip was amazing and the stay at Jungle's Edge was more than what I expected. I was there for a Muay Thai training retreat. I stayed in a Bungalo and wasn't sure what to expect when I picked this option but I have to say it completely exceeded my expectations. The bungalo was much more spacious than I and the bed was pretty good. I was really impressed with the onsuite bathroom! I felt very comfortable and safe in the Bungalo at all times. It was actually quite cozy and relaxing and I felt really connected to nature. Jungle's Edge has an amazing staff team. They are so friendly and really do a good job taking care of their guests. I felt like they cared about my experience. The food was absolutely incredible! There was a lot to eat but it was sooo good! What's more, I have several dietary retrictions and the chef Alejandro was always coming up with special meals for me and coming up with alternatives if I couldn't have what everyone else was having so that I would not feel left out! I totally didn't expect this but he certainly went the extra mile for me! Overall it is a lovely place and I am hoping to return there for future retreats. I look forward to going back when the time comes!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
david m, Co-owner at Jungles Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Emily, From the entire staff thank you so much. It was a pleasure serving you and come back soon

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Our family stayed there for a few days as we traveled along Costa Rica, and it truly was a relaxing and meaningful few days as we settled into our homey bungalow. The staff are all amazing, not to mention, Bismarck is a gracious and wonderful host too. If you're looking for a place to meet people, hang out, and forget your worries, look no further.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Jungles Edge has everything you need if you are visiting Guinoes. Nice clean hostel-cabins surrounding a big beautiful outdoor restaurant/bar/community area. The property has an infinity pool, WiFi, refrigerators, and all of the amenities that you need.

The walk from Jungles Edge to Guiones Beach is about 15 minutes through Jungle Paths (an excellent way to start your day). If you don't feel like walking you can order a Tuk-Tuk to drive two people pretty much anywhere for $6.

Additionally, Bismarck was the absolute MAN! He was able to provide us with any needed resources, including calling up Tuk-Tuk's, giving us restaurant suggestions, etc. We spent many nights sitting with him and discussing culture, trading hilarious stories back and forth, and becoming great friends - an unexpected bonus to the trip! Mike, who is the property manager/surf coach was also a great addition to the trip, sitting down numerous times and getting to know us, lending us insight into Costa Rica (he is originally from Virginia Beach), and generally being an awesome dude to talk to!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gabriel L
Edie M, Co-Owner at Jungles Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thanks so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, come back any time.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed there for our 5th year anniversary and I am so happy we did! Bismarck did such an amazing job in helping us feel welcome and feel like family! It was always great waking up and seeing the staff greet us like we had been there for years! I took a surf lesson with Mike and it was amazing! He was so patient and nice and super motivating! I ended getting up which I had never done before! The Yoga was also a huge plus! Overall I definitely recommend staying here there is a great range pricing range for everyone! I am excited to be back!

Room Tip: I would rent an ATV and don't forget glasses because of the sandy roads.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Edie M, Co-Owner at Jungles Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thank you for you nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass the message on to Bismarck, Mike and the staff. Come back anytime.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Had a blast there, met cool people. Bismarck (manager) is very helpful and friendly. Had a surf lesson with Mike, the surf teacher. Very patient and helpful, he adapts to your previous surf experience.

We are used to camping, so no problem with the bungalows, would not recommend to people scared of forest noises or bugs. No hot water in the bungalow showers, but we didn't mind at all.

Would recommend!

-O + K

Room Tip: The bungalows are nice and cosy. However they are not soundproofed at all. Got woken up at 7am every day due to construction.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Edie M, Co-Owner at Jungles Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi, we are glad you enjoyed staying with us and hope to see you again in the future.